It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are sick, sick puppies.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I don't even know how to properly word my sorrow for humanity. A lot of times i say "we need to change" or "people need to rise up together" but now I don't even think that will do anything. But like i said. I don't know how to properly word this. So I'm just going to list off some things we do that make me feel ill.

WAR.

- I hate war. I fund war. not by choice. but my taxes do it for me. I wish that the world would just abolish the military. and destroy all of its "instruments". The money from taxes that we spend on military interests could abolish hunger, fund research for cures for diseases, make clean energy possible, etc.

Don't give me the "cats and dogs fight all the time" argument. cats and dogs are primal animals. we are the adults of this planet and we should behave as such. If we got rid of the military/weapons. wars would be nothing more than street fights/ riots. sounds bad. but its a lot better than the atrocious acts one human inflicts on another daily in war.

FALSE FLAG ATTACKS.

- Are we so sick a species that we really need to do these things? causing problems to cause more problems to gain more power. Makes me want to cry that people actually consider this tactic... and act it out...

OIL.

-so what, your telling me that I can carry around a device in my pocket that can instantly connect me to the rest of the world, as well as take pictures, video, audio, GPS, send files, receive files, but were killing our planet because we cant come up with something better than burning fossil's to power machines?

We all know there are solutions, but money talks and the ones with money don't want us to talk. they just want to rule a market. regardless of the planet. How can someone rather have money than a healthy environment for our species? I can't grasp this mindset.

THE MODERN AGE

We've only been a "modern" society for about 100 years. And already I'm afraid to have children because of what kind of world they may live in. What's the world going to be like in another 100 years? What kind of legacy will we leave in our galaxy? I don't know about you but I don't want us to be remembered as the dumb species that destroyed themselves quicker than It took them to discover fire...

Along with the modern age comes convenience, convenience of food, cleaning, transportation, and basically every other aspect of our lives. But where you find convenience, you will usually find a chemical thats not good for you. or if theres no chemical, you find something that spoils you and makes you a lazy brat.

And while we complain about how inconvenient some things still are, or how complicated and stressful our lives are. there are children dieing because they don't have clean water or food. The basic right of every person should be food and water.

How can we let our own kind die of hunger and thirst while we watch T.V, throw away food, spend our money on intoxicating substances and useless products, take 3 showers a day, water our lawns, buy clothing and accessories for stupid stupid prices because of the brand name.... how can we do this?

WHAT AM I DOING ABOUT IT.

Nothing. What can I do? I cant even find a job right now. maybe if we had less technology more people would be able to work and have money to help. We live in a world where proficiency and productivity takes priority over jobs.

Thankfully my family is nice enough to look after me while i'm jobless, Why can't we have the same sort of family compassion for everyone?

I don't see a bright future for our species. Its not a problem caused by money, war, whatever, the problem is in the hearts and minds of us as a whole. And with the education system being what it is... I just don't see any change coming soon.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by OUNjahhryn

Too right, you must be very optimistic to believe that we will live out our days to actually die of natural causes. I can't see the world lasting too much longer considering how poorly treated it is already and how bad humans have become.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by BigBruddah

Well the worlds not going anywhere, the only thing were going to do is mess up the life on it. It will fix itself with time. But we apparently dont want to be a part of the future of this world...
edit on 18-4-2011 by OUNjahhryn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

I agree with alot of what your saying. But don't give up and never hold back. Its gets better overtime.

We as people do some crazy # to each other I agree. But I think all species do that to one another. Not sure why. I think sometimes we are exposed to stuff and we shouldn't be because our minds are young. Abuse, rape , murder, death of a loved one. These things play a big role in shaping our lives feelings and opinions on life.

With all the bad you may have one day. It can all be washed away with one exceptionally awesome day.

Cheer up. Life goes on. Even after we are all taking a dirt nap life will still go on. Just not ours. The earth will cleanse itself of all the people and start over in about a thousand years from now.

RB

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

like i said we are a volatile species, we create more misery than needed,i think this is hell because our entities were created with nerves and chemically induced emotions,otherwise we are one with the infinite remaining objection less and at peace

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocky Black

I know we might all die and the earth will be fine. but it doesn't need to be that way. We are beautiful creatures capable of so much good. We've just got our priorities screwed up. seems like everyone is out to get what the want regardless of everyone else.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I agree with everything you are saying and it becomes near impossible do really do anything about it. We could try heal the planet by not using chemicals yet have become near dependent on them and often are not even aware of where they are. We could always help fund food and water for those in need yet end up sending chemicals in that food and water(which is sometimes better than nothing). Trying to live a life built on simple needs is complicated as the age of technology is well on its way and taking over even our youth are required to carry usb to school in elementary school. I don't know how many times I have to remind my kids that pens and pencils work great on paper without electricity and you wont have to save it every five minutes just don't lose it.

We are now born lazy by default as our parents turn on the television and nuke our meals. We are developed to function in a way that helps keep the dollars flowing and it is sick you are right.

We test on plants, animals, and humans thinking that our longer life spans will have no impact on the planet and that we are doing good over all. If we would stop messing with things perhaps it will then even out. The funding spent on war and stupid experiments like if drunk fish taste better on our plate would be put to better use like building large scale greenhouses and sustainable energy maybe we could afford to feed the world.

I think we are headed down fast maybe 2012 is really just our own destruction created in a lab by our local "friendly" government.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by CUJOCREEP

i definitely agree that we create our own misery. feeling bad emotions or pain isn't a bad thing, but once it controls our lives, or we make decisions based on those feelings, its like a sickness.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by UdderlyInsane

i'm glad that you understand what i'm feeling. you have some great points as well. its hard to really express our flaws. Yeah maybe 2012 is our destruction. or maybe a turning point where we all wake up and realize how low quality our lives have become.

no one WANTS to do the things we HAVE to do to survive. but everyone will WANT to work together when we have a choice to build a better world. not for today, not for money, but for the future, and for the quality of life we all want.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

well its a mental sickness,but has strong ties to our biology and can be extreemly hard to overcome, most wont be fully complete til old age if set on a path to enlightenment at an earlier age,i struggle with it myself,i try not to fight nature, but it can be painful

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

I don't think we can go on like this much longer. a lot of youth are waking up. I'm 21, I don't want to live like this for another 60 years... hopefully more youth get off facebook, twitter, and wake up.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

not bloody likely lol, thats why i drink and smoke to shave off the #ty years,i dont wanna live past 60 much less today lol,not suicidal but dont care eather way,i wouldnt want to rely on any of these punks today to take care of me,kcuf em all really, life for us is dwindling as we speak

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

meh, we need an alien intervention I think. hopefully someone out there will notice that we messed up and don't want the type of world we have. but cant do anything about it. free the slaves so to speak...

Im not religious and don't count on a savior. but maybe a more advanced civilization will come forward and help. they could have gone through much the same problems as we, and feel compassion.

but until then. i'll just try to enjoy life and not hurt anyone or anything.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Nice topic, OP. As we grow up, we absolutely have to question what important and what's not important. We have to learn to extract priorities for development, from the choices placed in front of us. In your words below, there are a couple of good examples on where our values are questioned and then developed.

How can we let our own kind die of hunger and thirst while we watch T.V, throw away food, spend our money on intoxicating substances and useless products, take 3 showers a day, water our lawns, buy clothing and accessories for stupid stupid prices because of the brand name.... how can we do this?

Some wull continue to do this, while others will begin to grow up. We always have to keep learning or we will perish for sure. At some point, we examine the value and measure the worth of the friends we have, our peers from work and school, and if you're a thinking person, you will seek to choose your own friends based on qualities you value.

I have never understood the superficial need to buy the designer clothes, or emulate Hollywood, but that's me. I have never understood this insatiable thirst for war or for being number one in chest -thumping conyests, and I suspect there's a big link there somewhere. (Remember seeing how pilots used to mark their planes with the number of kills?)

So even though it means going against the tide sometimes, be true to your own values. Find kinship in organizations that interest you and where you can contribute positively while sanity seems to be disintegrating all around you in the world.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

thanks for the reply, it was a good post

I never understood the whole "fight for your country, fight for freedom, fight terrorism!" stuff.

Sure, in ww1 and 2 it made sense. but still?!? come on, ww1 was supposed to be the war to end all wars. but i guess someone with the mindset of satan himself said "hey... you know what... I made A LOT of money during the war.... hmmmm"

its insanity. I'll use USA as an example, because they are usually the example... iraq/ afghan wars... they speak of fighting terrorism, but they are the ones that flew/sailed over there with the intention of killin'. Way to solve the problem genius! their children wont grow up to hate USA or anything...

I say if 2 leaders want to have a war, then those 2 leaders get in a ring, and beat the crap out of each-other. heck, give em a stick. or they could have best 2 out of 3 in mortal kombat 2 or something...

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
What was different in the 2 world wars from now was communication. Other than the daily newspaper and radio station, one's news was limited and so propaganda had an easy time of it. No one knew about Rothschild funding both sides of the war, for instance or about the US war manufacturing machine. Nowadays though, we have an abundance of facts and disinfo to examine.

And let's not forget the feedback we get on the net, from all kinds of sites including ATS. How did you first come to learn more about war?

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   

What you say is brilliant!
I applaud you,
Vicky

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vicky32

What you say is brilliant!
I applaud you,
Vicky

thank you Vicky, just had to vent some stuff... Its only scratching the surface of what I deplore about human behavior, most of it I have trouble putting into words though, especially without using an abundance of swear words lol.

new topics

top topics

join