It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I FOUND AN ALIEN!!! Now what?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
NOTE: This is -not- real...no aliens are found...the question is simple...what do you do if you come across an alien body.

In another thread, the question came up, and I realized...I really have no clue. I would film it, sure..check...but then what? call the cops? call the neighbors? cook it up and see if ET is tasty?

Do I wear a facemask in fear of alien germs? Do I rip a piece off for safe keeping should "they" come to take it away and silence me?

What protocol is there for such an event?

ok, so the hypothetical situation is...you come across a dead alien somewhere...its totally dead, no clothes on, no ship nearby...just a dead alien.
What is wise, what is a dumb idea, what do you do?

and...go.

(oh, and made this in skunkworks, but if a mod feels it may live better elsewhere...have at it )
edit on 18-4-2011 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Simple, report it, let the scientists work it out, find out what exactly it is made out of and look for it's planet containing the base elements... (best case scenario of course!
) once found, send a message ^_^

Jamie

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Your title was decieving.
I only came to read because of the title but I find you made it to lure in more people to your discussion.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I definitely would not call any authorites until after it was thoroughly documented. I would call my buddies at the University and we would take bio and chemical samples. I would take many videos and photographs with identifying information like a current newspaper, and rulers. I would take High Def photos and also Polaroid Photos.

Eventually, when I was satisfied that my story could not be buried or debunked, I would call for some press coverage from several competing cities, and I would call someone I trust at the FBI.
If the alien were still alive, I would check his tolerance for alcohol, and let him hang out with me and my buddies as long as he wanted!

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by pandapowerjamie

Simple, report it, let the scientists work it out, find out what exactly it is made out of and look for it's planet containing the base elements... (best case scenario of course! ) once found, send a message ^_^

Wrong. You take a badly framed blurry picture with your cell phone. upload that as a video on youtube with crappy techno music, link that video here (trying to embed but you actually post the entire URL do it doesn't embed)

Then you come to ATS, say you have 100% tangible proof of aliens, then refuse to show it, and call anyone who questions you or your proof a disinfo agent.

link   

If I found one I would let the mib take care of its remains as they seem to know already before any else would. maybe they can see incomming somehow. I wouldnt interfer with it as you dont know what effects on 1 it may have. if its in distress smh I might try to help it if tru distress frequency is detected and not lure frequency to find new vessel 3d body. good question.

link   
STEP 1: post pics right here on ATS

STEP 2: popcorn in the microwave

STEP 3: babysit the world's most epic thread!

(or prepare for the flame war)

link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
NOTE: This is -not- real...no aliens are found...the question is simple...what do you do if you come across an alien body.

In another thread, the question came up, and I realized...I really have no clue. I would film it, sure..check...but then what? call the cops? call the neighbors? cook it up and see if ET is tasty?

Do I wear a facemask in fear of alien germs? Do I rip a piece off for safe keeping should "they" come to take it away and silence me?

ok, so the hypothetical situation is...you come across a dead alien somewhere...its totally dead, no clothes on, no ship nearby...just a dead alien.

and...go.

(oh, and made this in skunkworks, but if a mod feels it may live better elsewhere...have at it )

id be terrified..

i wouldnt want anyone to know online what i found...

id probably try to leak it anonymously

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

I FOUND AN ALIEN!!! Now what?

ETA:
With a little more thought - a more realistic reaction is to walk away - I'd make a few calls to the university and/or local health dept. and leave it alone. My personal questions about whether aliens were on Earth would be answered and I would be ok with that. I would not be down with the drama that attempting to disclose, would bring.

edit on 18-4-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

and...go.

Hahaha see if its tasty...

Ok sirius now.
Im not sure if the cops would come as I think they would think its a prank call and if they do it would be to come and get you but then they might see its real.

Me, I would take a specimen and only share it to those closest... but then they might not know what it is and say it could be anything... so I would prolly take his/hers head
jk

Calling anyone, the same they might think its a prank call unless they can tell when you sirius.

Not shure if Id share it with ATS because most would say its a hoax... but then if I did I might start seeing alot of choppers/ unmarked vans and maybe see military personnel, not shure what would happen

Star/Flag for a good questions

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
i would eat it. the nutrients would turn me into an all knowing God. Then I'd go and flush out all the terrorists aka elite bankers and corporations.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Abduct it!
edit on 18-4-2011 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
My protocol on any unusual situation, Whether I killed a bigfoot or found an alien, or caught loch ness. Is to call the local news reporter, all of them. and call the police and tell them I have a bear in my house. Saying you have a bear in your house will get everyone over.

People want to, and can easily believe you have a bear in your house. So when the news and animal control comes, they're still we'll prepared, cause a bear is very large, and if it's an alien, you don't know what to expect so overkill is underrated.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

My first blush thoughts on the topic:

Step One:
Assume your absolute worst, most paranoid fantasies about government surveillance are true. That means that phones and computers are off limits until you have documented the find and created back up documentation.

Step Two:
Check the "body" for signs of life. At this point, if you are near enough to see the body, you can work under the assumption that anything nasty enough to kill you is already in your system. You can still use gloves or whatever material is on hand to avoid direct physical contact, but don't worry about contagion. You are in the middle of history here.

Step Three:
Video, Photograph, Photograph, Video. Every conceivable angle. Wide, medium and close up shots. Most digital cameras include a video setting. Give a medium shot 360 degree view of the finding. Include close ups of any an all openings on the creature things like mucus membranes and excretionary openings are among the most difficult to sculpt or create and can help to rule out the possibility of a hoax.

Step Four: (can be switched with step three if you needed to go get the camera)
Hide the body.

Step Five:
Go home and disconnect your PC from the internet (remove ethernet cables turn of wireless antenna).
Access photos and print them. Go out and by, borrow or steal a photo printer if need be. Retain one set for yourself. Give one set to a trusted friend. Mail a set to another friend and two media outlets (one mainstream, one "alternative")

Step Six:
Once these manual failsafes are in place, go online. Post to ATS with a request that anyone who is willing repeat Step Four. Based on Step One, you have to assume that your clock is now ticking and that the authorities may be coming for you at any time. Go somewhere other than your home, preferably a public place with reliable cell phone signal, a landline phone (bring quarters if it's a payphone).

Step Six:
Call a Lawyer. Explain your situation and let them know that you want a lawyer present if and when any authority figures arrive at your current location.

Step Seven: Contact a nearby university's science department and hang on to your hat. This whole thing will soon be out of your hands . . .

OR

Drag that sucker to the local wi-fi enabled mall and create a few hundred witnesses with camera phones

edit on 18-4-2011 by RobertAntonWeishaupt because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

cook it up and see if ET is tasty?

That was my first thought, but you know you gotta fatten them up on Reeses Pieces first.

If the sucker was dead, I'd put it in the freezer until I negotiated an acceptable sale price from some rich person.

Yeah, I'd at least don a surgical mask and rubber gloves first.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Honestly, I think I would just walk away.

I don't need that kind of drama in my life. Maybe call the police or animal control anonymously and report a dead "animal"...let someone else deal with it.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
i wouldn't know what to do with it...
but I would probably take pictures and film first, make copies and mail them to some people I trust (in case mine are taken)
Then I would call the guys from the ufo society in my country (a group dedicated on finding and proving existence of aliens and ufo).. and connected people.... let them figure it out.

Maybe it's a good idea to make sure lots and lots and lots of people saw it, took pictures and film, so nobody can't deny the alien anymore.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Call it Roger and feed it dry martinis...simple

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I think credible witnesses are important
its one thing to have several witnesses, however, it must read better than:
"Billy the town drunk, Some 14 year old kid, larry the cable guy, and my new girlfriend".

The university is a good idea...however, getting both student and professor sounds like the way to go..professor moreso than the student

Cops...well, they are larry the cable guy to me with a license to shoot people..I don't really see (upon thinking about it) what good could come from them being around.

media...maybe, however, their credibility is strained considering how often they fall for hoaxes and report on silly fluff...would have to do my research to see who has a credible name to begin with.

Yes, if I find an alien, immediately I am going to consider all the conspiracys about government agents and hushing up is totally legit and to all precautions must be taken, however, one thing I do see is release of evidence is critical...the sooner the better, which leads to the problem.
Anon is not credible, you must reveal the identities of those researching and confirming the reports..of course when you do that, your evidence will be quickly gone.
too soon and such evidence is short lived, and quickly passed off as a initial error (turns out it was frozen swamp gas)....so, many levels of research in different areas to confirm would have to be the initial research.

I am not sure, but I guess its always good to have a gameplan for such events (be it aliens, bigfoot, etc).

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by GypsK
Then I would call the guys from the ufo society in my country (a group dedicated on finding and proving existence of aliens and ufo.

See, info like that is great
I didn't even consider calling up MUFON to get them over...

cheers, and star 4 u

(of course, the immediate concern...since the alien visiting earth is clearly real, then that may mean claims that mufon is actually a cia listening post may also be true, and you will be met with a bullet in the back of the head and your evidence replaced with a pile of coc aine and some images of nude kids or whatnot.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join