It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Say No To GMO Before It's Too Late

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Yes! Monsanto is the most evil corporation in the world, besides maybe oil companies and banks. Everyone buy organic food, its good for you! The GMO stuff is only cheaper because it's subsidized and because they use the most wasteful, harmful methods possible to produce it. Monsanto is also trying to patent a genetically modified pig. Buy organic, and the power of your dollar will help the cause and promote more real food to be sold in your stores

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy

Originally posted by soficrow
reply to post by Kali74

I'm just waiting for wheat that's genetically modified to produce a universal flu vaccine. ...or maybe GM corn with Valium. Monsanto and Merck - the all new M&Ms.

GREAT thread. S&F&

M&Ms .... funny
These companies ARE creating sickness to to sell the drugs,.
it is called health care
It is like the age of the razor blade
it was the sale if the shaving cream that made the profit.

Yeah - it started out opportunistic, because of an accident - then it became standard strategy. ...Use whatever's handy to make people sick, just to sell 'em the treatment. ...but the way I heard the razor thing is that the razors were sold cheap, and the price was hiked on the blades (cuz you needed a different blade for every razor).

S&

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
ive said it once and ill say it again. pollen warfare.

the monsanto fields are just as vulnerable to being pollinated by non-gmo crops. i say we empty a few pillow cases full of pollen right there just beyond the border of their fields on a windy day.

then have a couple of pigeons drop seeds to various invasive weed species.

2 can play at this game.

i wish i could engineer an aphid to resist whatever the hell they spray to keep the aphids away...

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Monsanto, in its previous business incarnation was the company who brought you agent orange and 24D and bovine hormones.

Please take the time to buy some literature and inform yourself on the dangers of GMO's. You need to know this subject inside and out. Here in OZ we have had a moritorium stopping introduction of GMO's in agriculture for some time but this has been successfully challenged & GMOs introduced.

As far as the food chain goes, you need to avoid anything containing canola (rape seed). Virtually all of this is GMO. Also, corn and corn syrup. This presents a problem for the US as virtually all their processed food containing sweeteners uses corn syrup. And soft drinks. Cotton seed oil is a problem - do not use this on your skin. Your milk supply is a problem due to hormone stimulants in the cattle.

So avoid what you can identify and if you can't afford anything else, try for organic dairy products and meats if possible. This is going to help.

Oh and PS - microwaves will kill you faster than GMOs

The pollen is an issue because the GMOs are modified at the genetic level. Therefore, if there is an exchange of pollen with other plants of the same or even different species, it alters the genetic structure of the offspring plants. It is creating superweeds which cannot be stopped due to contamination with roundup ready genetics. The pollen has been highlighted as an issue for colony collapse for bees. No one seems to know.

This conspiracy for control of world food supplies goes deeper and wider than I would be prepared to post but go buy the books people and check it out for yourself.
edit on 19-4-2011 by loris because: extra info

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
What makes me angry about the GMO food is;
1) They influenced lawmakers so it isn't even labelled.
2) "Organic" or non-GMO foods (not even sure if Organic precludes GMO), costs more -- thus, if it is dangerous, that means poor people are forced to feed their kids the cheap, estrogen-laced Soy and liver destroying Corn. Only with money can you "opt out."
3) We have no idea, nor defense, if this is a plot to make people tired, sick and infertile. It's certainly likely that the transgenics can have an influence on allergies and the mushroom-based insecticides inside many fruits and vegetables are certainly a culprit.

When does it become "self defense?" The BP oil spill... nuclear reactors getting run by the lowest standards to preserve profits while we are chastised by "experts" who talk about safe technologies that never get used ... Franken-foods from huge agribusinesses when there is NOT a shortage, allowed to preserve THEIR profits but cut their costs by cloning cows, lowering standards, and crossing genetic pools.

Now, instead of implementing Solar -- we have companies "Fracking" coal out of the ground. Which poisons water and even sets some sinks on fire from the gases.

It's all a huge experiment, while organizations that ONCE UPON A TIME, protected the public good, are defanged or used to provide cover for their industries (like the FDA),.. eventually and inevitably, some "accident" will happen that cannot be ignored or excused, or covered up by paid shills on TV.

I'm doing my best to clean up my family's diet -- but it is not easy. And I have no guarantee that after I take these efforts, some of Monsanto's franken-genes haven't already ruined my liver. I have no guarantee that my wife's breast cancer wasn't caused by estrogen-like plastics in the food and water. The PROBLEMS are all on the public, and the BENEFITS only go to corporations like Monsanto. It's not like we get a discount and better food because they rake in billions. The food we ate in the 1970's was better for us than the food we eat in 2011.

When do we get the progress? When do we get control of what is done and some real "studies" about causes of disease? I trust less and less as the days go by.

>> I think the nuclear melt-down in Japan is a turning point for the world. All the assurances were "automatic" -- and the hysteria might have been over-the-top, but there is no EXPECTATION that anyone in authority anymore is telling the truth. The company will lie to us, and the government will cover for them, and there will be no repercussions except to the public.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by VitriolAndAngst

I wholeheartedly agree with you. I shop at farmer's markets and health food stores for some products but sometimes money is a factor and I have to get things at the local grocery chain.

I wish people would realize that they do have a choice to send a message as a consumer.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
It's time to question bio-engineering

I thought this video was an interesting take on the subject.
edit on 19-4-2011 by Section69 because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-4-2011 by Section69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
By request of the author of this article : We were asked to do something, don't just hear the info...I just started a Facebook page called People against GMO/ Monsanto www.facebook.com... Come and join and let's talk about what we can do and some logical solutions.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by secretagentwomyn

Great idea, I can't get on FB here at work but I will check it out when I get home in the morning.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
humans require/deserve pure air, food and water...

karma is real...

please protect and nurture the human body...

calling all beings of love and light, help us out...

thank you

namaste'

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Monsanto: Extinction

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Thank you for posting this. The awareness has really come up about this. It's all about spreading that awareness to more and more people. Monsanto can do all the PR campaigns they want, but the world is waking up to them.

As far as too late? It's never really too late, all it takes is one conscious person to start the revolution, but the longer we wait the harder it becomes. Our forefathers would have simply gone and got justice, they would have kicked those Monsanto cats out on the street, and burned the headquarters to the ground. Not suggesting violence, just making a point.

So, here's another point. Monsanto goes to the FDA and the USDA, and they get their way, they get to run over the population. What does that tell you about the USDA and the FDA?

Oh, and plant your garden, planter your garden, plant your garden. Heirloom seeds preferable. Don't plant GM. I think interest in gardening is really coming back. You've got the cost of food, and add in contamination, so it's the right thing to do, and it's peaceful disobedience, saying, "we aren't going to be force fed garbage." As far as your body is concerned, what is more important than good clean, healthy food? Let's make gardening cool again. And, yes, buy and save seeds. Have your own personal seed vault.

Troy

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

well said that is truly horrific, Ill be asking a few questions when I visit my local butcher next.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Your post is interesting...although many others have posted a number of things referring to "down with Monsanto".
I'm surprised that so many that contribute here have such short memories...
Check these out:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and I am sure that there are more that have been missed from this site.

Bottom line is....this has been going on for more years than anyone can guess...very methodically, slowly, and of course quietly...so much so, that like I said, apparently it is "new" to those that know that it is not.

If anything...pass this information around Face Butt (as you can see, don't like that cess pool) In fact that is a good place to start...people over there need a good kick to wake them up...Put info in a blog...don't just talk about it...start doing something. BTW...keep your eyes out on Organic....certified Organic may not be what you think it is either...

They will attempt to kill us with their medicine
Learn to be your own doctor,
They will attempt to kill us with their food
Learn to be your own farmer,
They will attempt to kill us any way they can
Always stay one step ahead of them
Keep 'em guessing....
© S.D.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Excellent life saving thread, and needed at this time. I have recently become aware of this and have researched organic farming and increased my ability to keep an eye open for the GMO products. This thread ties in nicely with spikey's thread on over population, here

With a google search I have been able to find places to purchase meats and vegetables that are grown organically. With the growing season coming up I have found organic farmers who will be selling their products at wayside stands and farmers markets. Or, if you are lucky enough to have a CSA farmer around (Community supported Argriculture), look them up and see what they have to offer. This is a wonderful opportunity to do something about the problem.

I am horrified with the way Monsanto has taken over our food supply and the politicians who have let them.

If you do have a place for some sort of garden, look for seeds that are non-hybrid. You will be able to harvest your next years seeds from this years garden. Make sure that they are not genetically engineered and are untreated.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74

Originally posted by SmokeandShadow
You know...just a wacky thought...I have been considering that the doomsday seed vault up in Norway and others like it (D.U.M.B's) were made so that a GMO food supply could "safely" be used to sterilize the great majority of the worlds population over the course of 100-200 years (the seed vault would protect original species). GMO's have been linked to infertility more than once now, as well as organ damage, so it appears to be a weapon. Of course, this is total speculation.

It is a weapon of sorts. Whether intentionally evil or driven by love of money or power, this has to stop.

The love of money/power/energy (three "states" of the same thing) is the root of all evil.

What I suggest, OP, is spreading the ideas I offer to eliminate the need for money (and thereby removing Their power over us, and giving us autonomous power over ourselves.

In my sig are two threads, and the opening posts describe my ideas. The End of Entropy is the foundational piece - read first - and The Ethical Planetarian Party Platform is the structure.

What we can do is spread these ideas. If we can spread them to the tipping point, we will see the need for money dissipating, profit and power will no longer be motives, and we can eliminate GMO from our planet.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
I've known for a while that GMO foods weren't as healthy as the real thing. First off I didn't quite understand the difference between Selective Breeding and Genetic Engineering. Even when I learned the difference I still didn't quite grasp how horrific the difference is. I beg everyone who reads this thread to please not only read the information I'm going to provide but verify for yourselves that what I'm relaying is true.
[/url]

hmm you have a point in your thread but to see humans further exceed we have to accept the ideo of GMO and "cloning".
it will be apart of some of our future lives, change your DNA, sexuality, eye colors, increase limb strength. the ideas are endless.
- the baby of your choice, and enhancing human capabilities as well as military and human clones ( already happening )
when the older people pass on, the newer generation will have grown up brainwashed that this is acceptable.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Ive know about this for quite some time and have signed many petitions local, national and global against Monsanto and GMO seeds, crops and modified food and live stock, We don't need this in our food or animals. Monsanto is trying to force us to eat this poison by having a world wide monopoly and legislature in their favor. Everybody needs to be educated about this. the media seems to ignore all of this. but we all know the media have all been bought and sold anyway. get the word out people.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by secretagentwomyn

Brilliant, thankyou for that. Small steps taken by many add up. I'm looking for a local group to join as well.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

I have been following GMO independent test that are only done outside the US because in our nation their patent doesn't allowed any testing longer than what the patent owners allowed, the FDA can do by law longer testing but as usual they are whores under the control of corporate America pimps.

In testings done the results are so dangerous that are not to be dismissed, but money talks and BS bureaucrats with big money walks.

I bet none of the ones behind GMO eats the crap they are manufacturing.

The results of the dangers of GMO on humans will only be felt in another two generations.

Because human life span is longer is hard to show right now what is done to humanity, but the dangers in nature are already there, specially in nations like India where is not much control like in the US.

One of the biggest dangers to living things is organ damage, death and sterile offspring's in third generations of animal testing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join