It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the difference between now and then

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I love all the ancient astronaut threads, but one thing that always goes through my mind. Just because there are pictures of what appear to be other world crafts and beings doesn't mean they visited. If in 1000 years people look back and see Tie Fighters and X-Wings(even tech diagrams) it doesn't mean that we had those vehicals. If everybook in the culture were destoyed but like 4, does that mean all the books are real. i.e. 2012. Then again, everything could be real but that is one of my hang ups. Seeing if anyone else has the same hang ups.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by thinline

Do you think there was an equivilant of George Lucas back in the day?

I wonder how he managed the special effects with limited technology?

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
The difference is that then it has been more interesting
and people even then have been ready for it.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
While an interesting series (Ancient Aliens), it's made as entertainment, and glosses over a LOT of well-known symbolism in favor of trying to show aliens were here in ancient times.

Themes like an anthropomorphic sun and moon (i.e. there being a face or person in the sun and moon), the spirit of God represented as a golden disk (then later put around the heads of saints, etc. as halos), and even hieroglyphics that actually have older glyphs peeking through, are largely just being misunderstood.

Granted, there are some curious works of art that seem to depict UFOs, but there are far more other pieces of art where fleets of UFOs are being seen (instead of a bunch of gondolas on the water, for example)....

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
it seems unlikely that a non-technological civilization would fantasize about technological things, unless they were exposed to a technological society.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I agree with you that many things are being misinterpreted by both sides.

Most reports only refer to pictures and when it comes to writing we mostly hear just about Ezechiel and his fiery wheel. There are however many more writings that contain hints.
I have a small German book from 1876 which is the first translation of the "Arabic Philosophy of Nature from the first Millennium". It's got an end of times prediction as well as lots of other interestingb stuff. They knew that the earth rotates around the sun and knew a number of planets. In a more esoteric part it describes how humans are one step away from becoming "angels" that live in heaven as well in the heavens-circles (Himmelskreisen).
Another passage is also "End-Times" related and speaks of fiery chariots that fire lightning bolts and other flying stuff. If you are really informed about the Nazi-UFO phenomena and the related stuff like the Untersberg you will get goose bumps reading these ancient writings called "Book of Sajaha". The (...) are mine.

He will rise up the sky and fly, carried by rushing clouds to the land of the north(Germany). From the tortured land will rise the liberator, the Avenger: The Third Sargon!

Then he, the avenger, will thunder over the world in his fiery chariot(s) (German says Battle-vehicle (Streitwagen) which can be read as one or multiple) , hurling lightning against the forces of darkness, until they are completely destroyed.
Up in the silence a massive spear is being manufactured, in seclusion (hidden Nazis---> VRIL-society) from the other people who are afraid and just do not dare to fight. One, however, builds his spear, and Ishtar himself helps him to strengthen the weapon, and Bel arms ...
Marduk's spear caused its effects on the earthly world: he gave birth to a new will of the people, a new rage and a weapon(---> Nazi UFOs) - a new Sargon was created to the people, and soon took Marduk's spear.

It dates back more than 2,500 years and comes from Babylonia. Don't let the source scare you it's the only one online and even probably the only (voluntary) English translation, my signature has the original German version.
forum.davidicke.com... I opened a thread about this book and the prophecies a while ago.
You can find it here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join