It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lt. Gen. Ricardo Sanchez to Run For U.S. Dem. Senate Seat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

WASHINGTON — Democratic sources say former Army Lt. Gen. Ricardo Sanchez is expected to run for U.S. Senate in Texas, giving Democrats a high-profile recruit to fill the seat being vacated by GOP Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison.

The sources spoke on the condition of anonymity Monday because they were not authorized to discuss private conversations with Sanchez.

Sanchez is a retired Army lieutenant general and commander of coalition forces in Iraq when revelations about prisoner abuse at Abu Ghraib became public. He gave up his command in June 2004 and has since maintained that he never authorized torture at the prison. He retired from the military in 2006.

Sources: Sanchez likely to run for Texas senate seat
edit on 18-4-2011 by The Old American because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Lt. Gen. Ricardo Sanchez was commander of Abu Ghraib when allegations of torture began to surface. He was named in several war crimes suits, and had to retire due to pressure put on him by media attention. Now he is being courted by the Democratic party to fill the seat left by Kay Bailey Hutchison. He will fill a "much needed" Latino representative presence.

War Crimes Complaint Suit Filed: Rumsfeld, Tenet, Sanchez (from ATSNN)

The Enemy Within: US female soldiers raped

/TOA

Mod Note: Political Baiting and Sniping on ATS – Please Review Link.

edit on 4/18/2011 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-4-2011 by The Old American because: Edited to be facts only.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American
Stay classy, Democrats!

/TOA

Donald Rumsfield
Dick Cheney

Stay classy, Republicans.

Let the partisan bile begin, yay!

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Stay classy, Democrats!

/TOA

Donald Rumsfield
Dick Cheney

Yes, the Republicans are just as disgusting as the Dems. But I guess you're OK with Mr. Sanchez's actions. Typical of the left.

/TOA

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Screw partisan politics! I'll stay classy by voting on what really matters.... kicking partisan politics out of our gov't and vote on real issues like the fed and executive oversight (impeachment for illegal wars)
I justy wonder if this is what a dirty sanchez is??????

edit on 18-4-2011 by agentblue because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

But I guess you're OK with Mr. Sanchez's actions. Typical of the left.

Did I state that?
0o

-rereads his post-

nope, didn't state that. seems your built on assumptions and partisan mindlessness

typical of the right.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Wow. I know that's who I want representing MY state! Seriously? Charged with war crimes and he's actually being encouraged to run for Senate?

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

ATTENTION...

...stick to the topic at hand and refrain from political mudslinging and taking personal jabs at one another. Adherence to this simple request is expected. Consider this fair warning.

Mod Note: Ending the Politcal Trolling on ATS

ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

But I guess you're OK with Mr. Sanchez's actions. Typical of the left.

Did I state that?
0o

-rereads his post-

nope, didn't state that. seems your built on assumptions and partisan mindlessness

typical of the right.

Partisan mindlessness? Call me crazy, but I think someone charged with war crimes should not be encouraged to run for U.S. Senate, or any other public office. I'd be just as incensed if the Republicans or Libertarians were courting someone like them. But, my apologies for assuming you are OK with a disgusting sub-human running for public office.

/TOA
edit on 18-4-2011 by The Old American because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Warcrimes is not a political party, it is an attribute that should be prosecuted.

I do not know the evidence against this man, however, if there is evidence showing he is responsible for that mess, he at this point should be looking forward to a parole hearing, not a state seat in a just world.

I tend to believe most -sane- republicans curse the name of cheney and bush due to their willful and albeit joyful warcrimes...
I would expect the same respect returned by the thinking republicans about democratic representation.

both sides must equally scorn such activities and knowledge of warcrimes and torture if anything will ever change for the better in the nation.

My only issue with your thread was the last "stay classy" bit, this is not a partisan subject and could have possibly entered into a discussion with depth until that little comment created the narration of division and partisan tool carrying.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Stay classy, Democrats!

/TOA

Donald Rumsfield
Dick Cheney

Yes, the Republicans are just as disgusting as the Dems. But I guess you're OK with Mr. Sanchez's actions. Typical of the left.
/TOA

I know right!? I heard Cheney, Bush and Sanchez would get together every third week of the month and go torture prisoners together. True story brah.

new topics

top topics

join