It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible UFO over Asheville NC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
First and foremost I wanted to say that I post this with a bit of apprehension. I think it's a plane and nothing more but I figured that I would be wrong in just ignoring it and not posting it. There is a chance that this is just the dillusions of one of many drugged out hippies in my town, and I will say I am not overly impressed with the way he acts lol, hope it doesn't make our town look to bad so here ya go .

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Phantom28804

Hogwash. Every time he zooms in it goes out of focus, and he starts screaming it's another orb. OUT OF FOCUS PLANES are just that...PLANES! not orbs.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I used to live in Asheville and watched the sky almost every night. Me and my girlfriend saw TONS of weird craft while we lived there. The one in the video isn't really what we would see. The most impressive one we saw looked to me like a giant fluorescent jellyfish which was followed by black ops helicopters. That was the only UFO we ever saw that seemed "other worldly".

But yeah the guy in the video definitely sounds like he's smokin that land of the sky stuff.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Dont look like a plane...skepitical about the spirit thing but defo a UFO...

nice video

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
why is nobody using tripods anymore these days ?

sigh..

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Janice its an orb!!

Brilliant! Its quite pretty looking. I'm sure its not a plane and i'm quite sure its not a spirit.

Thanks for sharing.
edit on 18/4/11 by boo1981 because: forgot to add something

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Yea I don't know what it is, but I assumed a plane because it looks like it is strobing towards the beginning, but it's hard to tell and with the Double Rainbow all the way guy it's just hard to tell how real it is versus how much is his hallucination lol. At one point he claims there is another plane in the sky below it. I don't know about you all but I never saw anything else in the footage.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

"nu uh, no way, oh my god, nu uh" completely monotone and dead pan. i stopped right there. Not only does he know these are planes, he knows zooming in without focus creates an orbish shape and is playing that up.

Sorry, not complaining that you posted it, just calling it rubbish.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

haha does anybody else think this guy sounds like the Double Rainbow guy, except with the orb

(I wont touch you just please come down and communicate with me) lol

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
We live on a flight path with planes landing & taking off at all times of the day.

A few days ago I noticed a plane was coming in to land at dusk at such an angle that its landing lights were extremely bright to my perspective - to the point that they hid the rest of the plane - and in a V-shape. It would have made a really great UFO picture. A few seconds later, it moved into a different angle and the lights weren't pointed my way and it looked like a regular plane again.

Angles, atmosphere, etc., can do some funny things. He should be smart enough to know if that is a regular flight path or not. I sniff an attention monger, honestly, and I heart good ufo videos.
edit on 18-4-2011 by Schkeptick because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
All I can say is, if that guy is talking to me, he's gonna have to speak a lot louder

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I wanted to come here and post a response to what this guy saw...it wasn't a plane.
I live in Marble,NC. That's about 2 hours from Ashville. And last night my husband and I saw the exact same thing. I don't own a video camera,or I would have recorded it too.
I went out last night to look at the moon,because it just looked awesome. As I got on the porch,that same orb looking thing was just going across the sky. I know it wasn't a satellite,because it was way too low,and it was not a plane.
We have a pair of high powered binoculars that we use to look at the moon,and I can even look up at the planes,and get a pretty good view,of them too. This orb was low in the sky but no matter how many times we looked at it with the binoculars it just looked far away,and looked like a star.
It was the weirdest thing!
Just because a person can't get a focused video of something,does not mean that they didn't try,or that it was some sort of plane.
I come here all the time,and see how people automatically brush off videos that others have taken,because the persons videos aren't good enough for them. Its ridiculous!
I don't post on here,and I don't talk in the threads,just because I'm not much of a talker,and I love this site...but would just rather see what everyone else is posting.
This last night though was awesome,and I found it so cool that someone else by where I live video taped it! So yes it was real...and no it wasn't a plane!
Oh and hi everyone!

join