It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

44.40 Gatling Gun? Want one?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Maybe you've done Civil War re-enactment? It's a good way to teach your young'uns how to survive the horrors of war (If war wasn't hell, we wouldn't have roller coasters).

I did time with a Confederate artillery outfit at re-enactments at Antietam and Gettysburg. I came to appreciate the accuracy of the old time Napoleons and such. The way to understand modern artillery is to learn from the ground up.

What is there about automatic weapons you can't still learn? My guess is that there is always something to learn. Best way to teach your young'uns the practicalities of an automatic weapon is to get them started from the ground up.

Remember, odds are that the next generation is going to take the brunt of the crap we've left behind for them. Teach your children well. So they can survive.

44.40 Gatling Gun? Want one?
Welcome to Indianapolis Ordnance
Indianapolis Ordnance specializes in reproducing and preserving early 20th century military firearms. We help firearm enthusiasts use these historic pieces in a law-abiding manner by developing parts for building legal semi-automatic versions of machine guns. We strive for accuracy so that our products will be suitable for historians and war re-enactors.

www.indianapolisordnance.com...

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by fredvcall

i want to afford one!

wanna all "go-in"?

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

for something a little easier on the wallet...
they make a Gatling gun conversion kit for a pair of Ruger 10/22

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Now, that is good stuff. Play havoc on them prarie dogs.

The other day a fellow I know who raises sheep had to shoot a wild rottweiller nine times in the head, to stop the rottweiller from killing his sheep for sport. Nine times to just slow the rott down to get up close enough to plug the wild dog some more, until it was out of everyone's misery. This little baby might have done the trick more efficiently.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by darrman

12 pounder Civil War type cannons aren't cheap. Usually a re-enactment group will chip in. You certainly got to have contributors for the black powder. A Gatling Gun would also qualify as a melting pot expense.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

You do realize... that just as easily one could mount a Mini 14/30 in the same housing...

but for cost control sake the .22LR is as cheap as you get

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Watching 'Sons of Guns' I've come to the conclusion that with enough of a machine shop, and enough imagination, just about anything can be done. I suspect this fellow in the video has got people asking to buy his conversion kit.

And, I'm sure you guys have seen this video...but it's fun to watch again"

Dillon M134D Machine Gun
www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I stumbled across this one....for less expensive automatic shooting

.22 beltfed mini machinegun
www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I was a vulcan gunner in the army, 16r10. if i cant have the real thing i don't want any of them

now an 8 inch howitzer and 100 rounds of ammo i could have a use for

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by anumohi

Yeah, there's never enough ammo. I confess to often thinking to myself while watching other shooters on the gun range that maybe there will come the time when they wished they had saved some of that ammo, rather than shredding a target. But, hey, c'mon. The fun of it all!

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

A friend just emailed me that he is working on dual AKs. I told him to send videos if it works out for him.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Here's a short clip of one I found, Maybe this is your friend's?

I also remember seeing 6 SKS's mounted together with a crank mechanism

www.sksboards.com...

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by warpboost

Looks to me as though this fellow could work a little more on a steadier tripod. Other than that, looks like a work of art.

Gatling Gun Schematicsand For Sale..........
science.howstuffworks.com...

www.gatlingguntheultimate.com...

top topics

join