It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masters Of The World Meet To Play God With The Climate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

On a secluded estate in England, a small group from the elite UK think-tank, The Royal Society, are openly discussing control over the planet's weather. The Orwellian nature of the discussion is stunning, as this select group seemingly wrings their hands over how to delegate the proper authority to research such godlike power. They begin by asking a rhetorical question, "Who decides?"

The Royal Society are openly discussing how to tackle Global Warming on the behalf of the rest of mankind. This is just another bunch of unelected elitists making decisions on our behalf without so much of a public debate. Why do such organisations exist? Is it because we are incapable of serious debate and making serious decisions? All this despite the 'Global Warming' theory being continuously de-bunked.

In a candid AP story, the entire agenda is laid bare as we are treated to a session that is "generally off the record." This is the grand rollout to be sure: from research to implementation, they announce much of what is already provably in the works, as well as the road toward a future of unthinkable control by an inner circle of ideologues with the task to "save the planet."

This is just one topic that has tried to be addressed by an elitist group. Others have tackled other issues without much success, so the question I have is when are we going to stand up and take the power back? It is our world, not theirs. It is time to rise to the challenges that are facing us and making the right decisions for our children's sake.

Link: www.activistpost.com...

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
There is a scientific community of climatologists. If anyone should even be allowed to get into this stuff then it should be by people who at least have half an idea of what is going on and all the repercussions. This is complex stuff and it should be out in the open for the associated and related scientific communities to discuss and debate to find the the most beneficial global application of this technology. If Monsanto or a similar organisation ends up getting the patent rights to this stuff then god help us all. Industry has a responsibility to short term profits, there are too many unaccounted repercussions for industry to handle this with a global responsibility.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

I agree wholeheartedly that scientists should take the lead on this, but not being funded through agencies or organisations with their own agenda.

The entire debate has to be open to us the citizens of the world to decide the way forward, without profits being at the forefront. Unfortunately though, I feel this is just wishful thinking.

I appreciate a lot of the science behind climate change will go above your average Joe's head, but I am fed up with governments seizing an opportunity to tax the hell out of things that may/may not be contributing to it. It wouldn't be so bad if the taxes were being invested in newer/greener technologies, but they're not.

An open and honest approach is the only way forward imo. Not left to some unelected elitists/industrialists to decide what's more beneficial for them.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

At the moment it looks like there are heaps of different and varied fronts that this is getting explored on with the military having the main strength of capability. If there is no consolidation and collaboration at the UN on this matter then things are going to get real messy as different players do different things then end up combating each other as the weather turns to chaos.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

The only problem is, the U.N can't seem to organise the proverbial, in a brewery. Also the U.N is in the pocket of these elitists, more's the pity, so it will be as you are I am afraid.

We need to set up an independent body, funded through a charitable organisation. That way we can manage the system and achieve an honest opinion on what is causing it (is it man made a natural process?) Is it reversible?
What impact is it going to have on every person on the planet, not just the elitists?

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Already plans to literally bring artificial rain to Qatar for the World Cup.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Yes, I read that recently.

I have also read the long range forecast (next two weeks) for Britain and it looks like it is going to be unseasonably warm and dry. This should be April showers month, but we have a Royal wedding to deliver, so dry and warm has been arranged. Wouldn't want the Arabian Royal families feeling the cold would we? Funny That!!
edit on 18/4/11 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

I know the UN has its problems, but it also has some advantages. Whatever the structure of this organisation, it does need global input and accountability. What about something like a Beuro, the UN pays for it and is responsible for keeping it running and the scientists are responsible for what goes on. Being so big and complex could also open it up to the universities to increase the peer review and education.

As a citizen I would have more faith in it with all the worlds government as stakeholders rather than a few billionaires.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by kwakakev

At the moment it looks like there are heaps of different and varied fronts that this is getting explored on with the military having the main strength of capability. If there is no consolidation and collaboration at the UN on this matter then things are going to get real messy as different players do different things then end up combating each other as the weather turns to chaos.

Yes, consolidate all of these efforts towards one cooperative effort, not many disjointed ones. One representative group, like the UN, should be tasked with coordinating important new initiatives that effect the entire world, to maintain safety and order throughout the process.

Hint: Look at the 3 bolded words again.
(kwakakev-- not picking on you, scouts honor! Just wondering if this little 'disclosure' about this elite think-tank was pre-destined to manipulate us into thinking in that way.)

Gosh, who knows anymore... ya know? Nothing is as it seems these days.

new topics

top topics

join