It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Wear a headscarf or we will kill you': How the 'London Taliban' is threatening women and trying

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
I want the entire world free, no banks, no money, no real estate agents, all hidden technologies revealed, clean energy, and counsels of citizens, half men and half women in every ares, with ever widening counsels, and equal watchdog counsels with powers to yank all corruption, via people being called to do their duty, jury duty style, everyone. And Human Rights, Entitlements and Substantive Equalizing Equality, so high standard that its entrenched. Religions would be gutted. Ie. you follow the Light path in them, the judge no one, and live with unconditional love and shelf the rest as the Dark path. So they best of all could be compiled in non institutional books for inspiration and mediation, but no Theocracy's or Tithing of income possible.

I like your vision...the realist in me is of course laughing at it cynically..like wishing a million $ will fall out of the sky, but the vision itself is great.
I want the same..I think many/most probably do, however, reality...aint she a bitch.

I often daydream about a large amount of people coming together and forming a technocracy as you speak of. the difficultys of starting, finding the land, getting the right professionals and laborers together to build the crystal city or whatnot, etc...I think its possible, but over a couple generations of slow build and a very clear/strong constitution to form what you desire so the vision does not become corrupt 300 years down the line.

meh, its a good dream to keep

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by OptimisticPessimist

On leave? Ie. arranged by her employer to hide this embarrassing issue. I call this suspended, basically in supsended animation, time out, and its being done to keep the issue low key.

Its also very much the opposite of how this problem can be solved, or any other problem. Its not solved by being cowardly or backing away, its not solved with fear.

Its solved by standing up and being assertive.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

On leave? Ie. arranged by her employer to hide this embarrassing issue. I call this suspended, basically in supsended animation, time out, and its being done to keep the issue low key.

Its also very much the opposite of how this problem can be solved, or any other problem. Its not solved by being cowardly or backing away, its not solved with fear.

Its solved by standing up and being assertive.

I really liked Alex Jones Bullhorn. Watched his videos and don't care who supports him or not. Your opinion of Alex Jones is not my concern, but what I noted was this:

The self appointed draconian elites do not, I repeat, Do Not like bullhorns. They look stricken, uncomfortable, and duck and dodge in a most becoming way.......
edit on 18-4-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Friend, you may call it what you wish, but meanings associated with words are there for good reason - to not get confused.
Being suspended from ones job is wholly different from taking a leave of absence. I know you know this.
(it's ok to misread something or err from memory - we all do it too!
)
edit on 18-4-2011 by OptimisticPessimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by BeenieWeenie
But I look like a muslim!

edit on 18-4-2011 by BeenieWeenie because: typed in wrong youtube number

Looking at that, its like some Catholic Nuns, and quite frankly is so immature and backwards. Basically this implies the men of that culture are toddlers, and lack any understanding of equality and taking responsibility for their own impulses, or control. Its the Madonna/Whore complex.

www.primal-page.com...

www.healthcentral.com...

Its abusive and requires counseling.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Best way to deal with extremists is to laugh at them.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Hard to trust the DailyMail.

Remember when they wrote about Lithuanian squatters who were supposedly wielding knives and taking over your home when you stepped out for fish & chips? - Knife-wielding Lithuanian squatters who move in when residents go out - a less than truthful story.

This "Talibani" is making a huge spectacle of himself and trying to push Londoners buttons. Makes you wonder what his real agenda is, and who is backing it. A really doubt any representative of the Taliban is trying to convert Britain to Sharia law. This probably has more to do with "government psy-op" or "sensationalist planted fake news story" than "bogeyman from Islamistan".

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

She says she is concerned that she may not have a job. And reading the article puts the whole thing into perspective. Again, I call this being having her job suspended and put into limbo land, when assertive refusal to give in and bringing as much publicity to the situation should have been done instead. Thats my take on it, though not trying to get you to change yours that much, as we're not all going to think the same way.
edit on 18-4-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776

Originally posted by sepermeru
Since many posters here express strong feelings of dislike, distaste, and hatred for gayness, I'm assuming they agree with the Taliban on that part, right?
Let me say this. Homosexuality disgusts me, so I do not engage in the practice. Does that mean I want you all dead? No. Why can't we all just keep our sexuality in the bedroom?

Sure, as soon as you get rid of every reference to heterosexuality in the workplace, media and casual culture, then you can start demanding that everybody else hide away too. Try counting just for one day how many times you see reference to a straight couple, straight romance, straight sex, all of it is constantly in our faces, and you dare to complain that you have to occasionally become aware that gay people fall in love too? You obviously aren't as bad, but you are two steps away from the Taliban whether you like it or not.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I eagerly await someone to come into my backyard and make an attempt to push sharia law around. Yep... Uh huh...

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Did you even watch it and listen to her? To the contrary, it is extremely liberating to a woman who CHOOSES to wear it. Look at every picture/depiction of mary and you will see she is always wearing one. It shows femininity. This is a common and accepted practice amongst the 2 largest Christian groups in the world... the Roman Catholics and the Eastern Orthodox. It shows modesty, which is extremely lacking in our society.

Here is another woman's personal explanation: Please don't comment/reply without watching so that you know what you are replying to.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Then you are (deliberately?) confusing the issue and distorting the facts.
That's not a wise move my friend. You may alienate yourself by your refusal to accept common literary definitions.

If you don't wish to continue discussing the issue with me, I'll be happy to oblige, but please don't think you can side-step your mistakes by deciding to add new meanings to the english language on the spot. That's just foolish.

I'm not your enemy here - I'm simply enlightening you to the fact that the Daily Mail is well known for deceiving it's readers with sensationalist headlines and assumed facts.

Deny ignorance and all that, surely?

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

I dont think she was suspended from her job, hey obviously knew where to find her so she went on leave for the time being so that they cant come and get to her there

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by BeenieWeenie

Its not liberating. I have watched similar. Its being completely brainwashed selling out to the dark side. We have a responsibility to wake up, grow up, and work actively for a better world, freedom, equality and understand basics of what is right, and what is wrong. You come in in your birthday suit, God given, everything else is culture.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
It is really hard to tell Muslims that they cannot try and dictate how people should behave and dress when the Christians have been allowed to dictate the very same things for thousands of years in the west.

Now if we can truly become secular, and put heavy restrictions on all religions from here on in, we might have a fighting chance. Right now the extremist Muslims are only playing by the same rules imposed by Christianity on western society for most of our history; ie, our way or the highway. We've only just barely escaped from that yoke. In many place it still is a heavy handed overlord. -- Bible belt anyone??
edit on 4/18/2011 by wayno because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I wonder how many of those people on this forum who got outraged at France's new law in which the wearing of a burka was prohibited will now defend these men who threaten to maim and injure or indeed even kill women for not wearing a burka. Or am I missing something?

Because, i'm thinking there's a fine line between hypocrisy and ignorance.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
This is outrageous. Even a non muslim woman working in a pharmacy was threatened to change her attire or be boycotted. She went to turn this in to authorities and then was threatened with her life and now is on leave at her job, perhaps about to lose it.

Women HAVE TO STAND UP FOR THEMSELVES.

How did taking a leave from her job help or support the Rights of Women?

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Some posters are addressing specifics.

Or justifications.

The real problem is the determination and attitude of Muslims.

One day, likely sooner than later, there will be forced on Westerners, another Holy War. The infusion of Islam into Western nations mandate the eventual clash between a religion that is compelled to fight infidels, and the Westerners, who finally get a bellyful of their intrusions.

These increasing demands by Muslims, and the rapidly accelerating movements would indicate that things while boiling, will blow in the near future.

Unlike the problem facing Charles Martel, this time, they're among you.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
The sharia cave man stuff is a cancer on society. This is what happens when you let mosques pop up all over the place. Tolerance will only make the situation worse, historical fact which nobody can argue against.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP
The sharia cave man stuff is a cancer on society. This is what happens when you let mosques pop up all over the place. Tolerance will only make the situation worse, historical fact which nobody can argue against.

Extremists are extremists are extremists.

Every group has them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join