It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Wear a headscarf or we will kill you': How the 'London Taliban' is threatening women and trying

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776
I disagree. There is a solution. Send their arab asses back to the Mideast. Time to take our countries back from these islamofascist thugs.

Tower Hamlets, the area where this extremism is alleged to take place, has the largest Bangladeshi population in the UK; 33% of the population in the area are Bengali.

Most Bangladeshis emigrated to Britain in the 1950s, 1960s and 1970s, so - if some of these troublemakers are from the Bengali community - it is highly likely that they are born in Britain, and therefore, nowhere to deport them to.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Because most of them were born here. The older generation is rarely caught up in this 'extremist' controversy it's usually younger reverts or children of liberal Muslims (often 2nd or 3rd generation) who don't even understand their own religion who embrace this extremist nonsense.
liberal muslims?
you realize the radical imams and such shout down the west for being liberals...islam is a highly -highly- conservative (socially) society
the liberals in islam are these radical women going out without the headscarf...its the neo-conservative men that threaten death.

Or are you saying that this is some sort of young rebellion against their liberal family by going in the total opposite direction?

not understanding the use of the term "liberal" in that sentence...

Contrary to popular perception, the majority of Muslims in the West are liberal, especially the younger generations.

Here in Britain, for example, the largest group of Muslims are Pakistani, and you'll see older women wearing headscarves and traditional dress, yet the young women don't tend to cover their heads, and they wear Western clothes, and often wear make-up.

There's a Pakistani girl who works in my local cornershop who isn't shy to show a bit of cleavage every now and then. I don't sniff around her too much, though, because her dad's the proprietor of the shop.

edit on 19-4-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP
Name one thing Christians are forcing people on the streets to do by threat of death?

How about forcing people not to be homosexual ?

A national newspaper in Uganda published a list of prominent homosexuals in the country, inciting people to ''hang them''.

It's incredible how many people willfully ignore extremism when it doesn't involve the Muslim bogeyman.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
The English on the other hand will one day wake up under Islamic rule.

Behave yourself.

The Muslim population in Britain is estimated to be 4%, and considering that they have no advantage over non-Muslims, then how on earth are they going to rule the other 96% of us ?

France has the highest Muslim population in Western Europe, and, even then, it's only something like 10% of their overall population.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Western governments and people in western society need to take a cold hard look at the Muslim world. Whilst moderates predominate in every culture and every culture or religion has its extremists, the fact remains that moderate/secular Muslim countries are a minority. Most countries where Islam predominates are very conservative and barely tolerant of differences, if at all.

What happens when not only isolated neighbourhoods but the whole country ends up with a Muslims majority thru the combination of both high immigration and high birth rates? The laws of the land, democracy itself means that the majority have the upper hand. In the case of Islam we know that while moderation is possible, it is the least likely outcome.

Current practices are opening the door to eventual destruction of the west as we have known it. At the very least a strong stance must be taken to preserve western notions of tolerance and freedom from oppression from any group. Any laxity in enforcing these principles will serve to support the aims of the extremists.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
i like the comments that have been made thus far if they dont like the laws tell them to go back home.

I'm not a Muslim, and there are plenty of laws here that I don't like ! Should I ''go back home'' ?

If you don't like a law, then surely, in a free country, you should be able to campaign for its change ?

The story in the OP is a bit of a non-issue because the alleged behaviour of the people is criminal, and it is up to those who suffer from this to report it, and the police to deal with it.

I say ''alleged behaviour'', because I am highly sceptical of the authenticity of any story like this that emanates from the Daily Fail, as they are notorious for being anti anything that doesn't conform to their rigid, outdated standards and ideals.

The newspaper spends its time reminiscing about an England that never was.

edit on 19-4-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Nice to see this thread keeping up to the usual standards of ATS on the subject of Islam and Muslims. ie. find a provocative and emotive story about the actions of a handful of sick-minded individuals, and then eventually extrapolate from the aforementioned behaviour that those actions apply to all Muslims.

Still, I wouldn't expect any different from Christians. They believe that US servicemen getting killed is God's punishment for the furthering of gay rights in the USA, and they support people picketing the servicemen's grieving families at their funerals.

See how idiotic, ignorant and illogical the above paragraph is ?

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

it isn't just this isolated incident, seriously take off your Penfold glasses and see reality!

Christianity, however corrupt it was / is has shaped the laws of our society and allowing those that view their often unacceptable religious views as precedence is unacceptable for the rights of those it affects. ie the rights of women to live safely and to choose their partners and clothes and beliefs.

There are too many sickening incidents for any being of decent morals to ignore.

there are far more incidents and behavior which isn't acceptable, such as:

this is another high profile case, otheres aren't so high profile
street grooming

But researchers identified 17 court prosecutions since 1997, 14 of them in the past three years, involving the on-street grooming of girls aged 11 to 16 by groups of men. The victims came from 13 towns and cities and in each case two or more men were convicted of offences. In total, 56 people, with an average age of 28, were found guilty of crimes including rape, child abduction, indecent assault and sex with a child. Three of the 56 were white, 53 were Asian. Of those, 50 were Muslim and a majority were members of the British Pakistani community. Those convicted allegedly represent only a small proportion of what one detective called a ‘tidal wave’ of offending in Yorkshire, Lancashire, Greater Manchester and the Midlands. The claims come after five Asian men were jailed in November for a total of 32 years for a string of sexual offences against girls aged between 12 and 16 in Rotherham, South Yorkshire. The presiding judge Peter Kelson QC, told the men they were ‘sexual predators’, adding: ‘You had what you regarded as your fun. Now you will take your punishment. 'All five of you were ­convicted of sexual activity with a child. The clue is in the title: a child.’ Weeks earlier, nine Asian men were jailed for the 'sustained sexual abuse' of a privately-educated schoolgirl who was forced into sex slavery aged 14 after being picked up by a gang in Rochdale, greater Manchester. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

arranged marriage refusal abuse

arranged marriage refusal girl killed

women stoned to death for alleged adultery
stoned to death for adultery

40% want sharia law in UK, and those are the younger generation
4 out of 10 young muslim want sharia law in UK

edit on 19-4-2011 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
Nice to see this thread keeping up to the usual standards of ATS on the subject of Islam and Muslims. ie. find a provocative and emotive story about the actions of a handful of sick-minded individuals, and then eventually extrapolate from the aforementioned behaviour that those actions apply to all Muslims

Perhaps if there wasn't so many 'provacative' and 'emotive' stories involving and relating to Islam and Muslim's maybe then we wouldn't see so many threads!

And I don't see any moderate Muslim's condemning the actions of these so called 'minority' Muslim extremists.

All I see and hear is more Muslims and their apologist cronies refusing to accept any responsibility yet again for the actions of their fellow Muslim's.
And the most ironic thing is that the first thing these 'extremists' would do if they had their way would be to turn on those self same PC do-gooders and deny them the rights they have exploited to gain power and influence.

The simple truth of the matter is that some Muslim's are trying to impose their backwards, retarded and repressive viewpoint of the world upon everyone else and they see that as their right and duty.
All but a very small handful of other Muslim's refuse to acknowledge any wrongdoing or responsibility as do the PC brigade who brook no criticism of any Muslim's due to their paranoid obsession with not appearing racist.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
But I support France's law of banning the burka. Its child abuse for my children to see women dressed like this.

More culturally biased nonsense, and a flippant and obnoxious use of the phrase ''child abuse'', to boot. Well done.

Why is it ''child abuse'' for your children to see a woman with her face covered, yet it's not ''child abuse'' for your children to see a woman with her breasts covered, and men and women with their genitals covered ?

Someone covering up their face, breasts or private parts has no logical backing, and is done purely out of expected social and cultural norms.

To lament the fact that some cultures expect women to cover up their face is illogical, considering that we - in the West - expect women to cover up their breasts.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

It is massive child abuse to see anyone mistreating women. I have 5 sons and I do not want them to see this under any conditions. You seem to not understand the crime of inequality.

The article in question did interview both sides, took a variety of comments, some who shared the opinion of some posters on here that any threats of violence could not have happened. It was very balanced.

And there remains a very determined group to try and suppress anyone posting or speaking up on this issue.

People who speak up for freedom and equality are told their racist or war supporters. Its manipulation, and twisting what is right and what is wrong.

edit on 19-4-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

No, it was breaking news. But the mods put it there last night. I found it very odd, the questions brought up related to Sharia and since I feel the bloodlines and elite are behind this, not only seeking to make dangerous precedents in our countries, but ultimately behind the fundamentalism everywhere, so this heated discussion with more examples of what Sharia means to people, to me is a really good message to the leaders to pay attention. We're not sitting here unaware, and ready to have our women and children sold out to inequality or theocracies either.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

And the most ironic thing is that the first thing these 'extremists' would do if they had their way would be to turn on those self same PC do-gooders and deny them the rights they have exploited to gain power and influence.

This ^^ - Exactly this. Do you think the hard liners like all the lefty feminists, gays, decadent students and other such pro-active members? I don't think so, after all it's this behaviour (not that i'm against any of it personally) that the more hard line muslims hate.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

If it had to be moved then I'm certain there are more suitable Forum's as it certainly doesn't qualify as a 'Rant'....maybe it's just a coincedence that the vast majority of Members ignore this Forum.

ATS is better than this....or at least it used to be.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Since they did put it there, this is in relation to Sharia and the fascism that exists with an iron fist easily behind theocracies, seems to be a strong power hold, to indoctrinate people into extremism. Naturally the ones opposing this are accused of being Pro War, (I phoned the crisis line when the first bombs dropped on Afghanistan and am 100% against any from or war, and any corporate interests), or Racist, (I'm not for everyon'e "culture", there are lot that abuse people on the basis of sexual gender, age, abilities, and sexual preference, and some entrench economics into caste systems, but people are equal, the world over!)

Many of us care about Freedom, Equality, not in our country but the world.

This is a very slippery slope. There should be no two tiered court systems anywhere, those escaping these regimes should be educated to be able to participate in democracies and expected to uphold freedom and equality themselves by displaying their families in public, unveiled and equally participating themselves, their wives and daughters.

ROSES OF IRAN

Roses killed in Iran

WE NEED TO TALK ABOUT... WHAT'S HAPPENING IN IRAN

Bound By Earthly Ties

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Sharia vs Women (buried to their chests and stoned)
Crimes against women

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

The idea that a news story can be determined a rant, based on people's posts is something that suggests this is the way they are trying to suppress information, by coloring the news they don't want people to see, and suggesting that anyone standing up for equality is a ranting, and therefore childish. Yes I find this to be underhanded. Also I don't consider sharing the full spectrum of what Sharia and its implications means to people to be off topic.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

I wondered why this thread was suddenly moved off the home page, when it was still getting numerous posts.

Under tools you can file a complaint. I suggest that all of you do so.

This is a serious issue, and is slowly becoming one of the biggest issues of our times. We are slowly marching towards WW III on this one. If the attitudes of the Muslims who post on these boards are typical, and from my observations they are, then there is little chance that this problem is not going to get far worse.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join