It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The New Civility from the Left? This was happening all over the country on April 15. (Explicit Lan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Is this what Obama was calling for in the immediate days following the violence in Tucson? or perhaps this is what he is stirring up with his new partisan rhetoric veiled under the guise of a policy speech.

An Obama induced class war is on our doorstep folks.

The following video contains explicit language.

Same rally with the wingnuts taunting an African American member of the Tea Party.

The Madison Wisconsin Rally experienced similar taunting and heckling from the displeased unions an the Alan Trumka thugs.

This is only going to get worse as the election grows closer. The buttons are being deliberately pushed by the manipulators behind the scenes. Keep your guard up as the tension increases because this will be far worse than the last election.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Hey hey hey, easy there pointing out the hypocrisy.............

I was just on another thread earlier pointing this very thing out.

The Liberal left SCREAM that the right and conservatives use inflammatory language to incite and distort...
Yet for some reason when THEY do it its ok ..........I love it.......

Good exercise in this, is to go to any liberal left website and read the rhetoric, its pretty telling........yet they accuse venues like FOX ........

You guys need to wake up, there is NO ONE and i mean NO ONE more inflammatory than the left with their language and hypocrisy........You guys are the masters for sure.......

its just one more reason why im done with the whole left/right thing..........its all B.S!
edit on 18-4-2011 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
TPTB are doing an awesome job of keeping us divided. This is ridiculous!
We're all on the same side here. We want the same things for ourselves
and our families. They must surely be laughing their ass*es off. How easy
it is for them to stir things up between us to keep us from focusing on the
real issues...

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Agreed! Bipartisanism is dead people. The only reason that we even have a two party system anymore is to keep the American public divided. How about we all stand up and start demanding change from the same common ground. I mean come on there really aren't too many differences between any of the classes anymore. I've been saying it for about two years now but it's getting closer and closer. Eventually enough of our freedoms will be taken away that the average american can NO LONGER afford to sit there idle... I just hope we aren't playing out the "bullfrog in slow boiling water" scenario. Keep alive ladies and gents the time is nigh!

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

seems like the same old red vs blue garbage. it's crazy how people are so willing to draw these lines in the sand and demonize and curse out those on the other side. I feel like the protestors are probably reacting to things the videographer says, but it's edited in a way that we only see the reactions of the "other team." That's how it always goes with these things. You'll never get the full, unedited clip, because then both sides would have to admit that they were egging the other side on. If two people are fighting, they're both at fault.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I learend form george carlin years ago, in one of his comedy stand up acts..how they, pliticians, and i guess CEO's now, liek to jeep us all fighting with eachother, so they can kep goig to the bank. was form his 1990 or 1992standup. it makes sense. i think people need to realize, while thier out thier fighting with eachother, moves are being made quietly to be put into place. thats the idea..keep us fighting with eachother so they can accomplish thier true intentions and acts, whatever their means are.
i dont agree witht he guy wiping his ass with the american flag. if yuo dont like it hear, then leave, as the saying goes. america is a beutiful place, the most beutiful on this planet i think. i am somewhat patriotic. the IRS has nothing to do with america to me as it is own identity* if yuor angry with the IRS< then take it out with them, NOT america. its hte poeple running it thats the problem, not the country*

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Too me sometimes, we seem to be of a paranoid culture. Geronima, the apache indians..american government wanted them gone for manifest destiny* hence forth reservations to rot n die on.
whtie wanted blacks seperated or gone or dead. not all but many of the fad culture back in its day did.
japanese americans during WWII were put into internment camps, with no legal rights whatsoever. american citizens having their rights taken away. and of course, the salem with withc burning trials of the 1600's..cant imagine anything more scared n paranoid for no reason than that, fearing your neighor is the devil simply over a black cat sitting on her windowsil*

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Geronimo* sorry.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
its just one more reason why im done with the whole left/right thing..........its all B.S!

Yeah, you appear to be 'done' with the whole left/right thing as you jump on the "Left is evil" bandwagon that this thread represents!

That was sarcasm, by the way. It's clear that you're not 'done' at all , as you make statements such as these, where you defend FOX News and call the left 'masters' of inflammatory rhetoric.

Good exercise in this, is to go to any liberal left website and read the rhetoric, its pretty telling........yet they accuse venues like FOX ........

You guys need to wake up, there is NO ONE and i mean NO ONE more inflammatory than the left with their language and hypocrisy........You guys are the masters for sure.......

Yeah, no "us vs. them" there.
You said something about hypocrisy?

The truth is that they are ALL politicians and will use whatever inflammatory rhetoric they think will benefit them and their party - left or right, liberal or conservative.

Sure, you can post ONLY one side of the argument as the OP has and make it LOOK like the left is worse, but it's only because the OP left out any such videos from the right.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Morons on both sides of the fence...we can pay attention to the lowest common denominator, or focus on the movements themselves.

tiny minds will look at the little people screaming nonsense and slurs and think thats what the entire movement is about.

To answer the question...new civility from the left?
the simple answer is no.

so, thread over then? or are you going to keep shining the light on the rednecks and hillbillys of one side while other tiny minds shine the light on the rednecks and hillbillys of the other side?

Rise above it and discuss the merits of the movement...slash and trash the overall philosophy of the movement itself...stooping down to pick on the odd crowd member and say thats the entire movement = showing your inner idiot.

Yes, there are racists and idiots at the tea party, yes, there are racists and idiots at some liberal event...hell, one side may be sending said idiots to the other side to make them look bad, but either way, its a distraction to the message itself, and threads, youtube vids, and other things like that only contribute to blocking the issues being spoken about and instead focus on rabble.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by nathanscottecho
Agreed! Bipartisanism is dead people. The only reason that we even have a two party system anymore is to keep the American public divided. How about we all stand up and start demanding change from the same common ground. I mean come on there really aren't too many differences between any of the classes anymore. I've been saying it for about two years now but it's getting closer and closer. Eventually enough of our freedoms will be taken away that the average american can NO LONGER afford to sit there idle... I just hope we aren't playing out the "bullfrog in slow boiling water" scenario. Keep alive ladies and gents the time is nigh!

ok, sure

please list the common ground then that both sides will agree on.

here is the thing, if one side walks towards the middle, the other side typically will walk further into their wing.
showing bipartisanism is a sign of weakness to the politicians base supporters.
extreme liberals will curse any movement towards the center
extreme conservatives the same

You can walk towards the center and try to please the 33% of moderates, however, too much centered and you got 66% mad at you (your base for giving too much, and the 33% of the other side that do not like you simply for your political party...until the letter in front of your name changes, your default hated.)

There is no real common ground to speak of..

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

My goal here is to illuminate the blatant double standard for what is acceptable behavior. This type of heckling and hassling is not acceptable from either side of the aisle. However, around here its only bad if it comes from the right.

I want this thread to serve as a wake up call for what is to come as we inch closer to election disaster and large scale civil unrest.

The groups who are positioning these agitators have an agenda BH. One word defines it all. CHAOS!

This rhetoric is being spewed from the top down in orgs. such as the AFL-CIO, SEIU et.al. They want chaos in the streets and they want conflict. They also want to break our nations political, financial and social infrastructure. Eventually, they will push the wrong button of a fellow wing nut who happens to be from the other side of the aisle and they will achieve the outcome which they desire.

I went to a small Tea Party rally of around 400 people on Friday in a nearby small town. The crowd and atmosphere was civil, fun, upbeat and peaceful. I brought my 4 1/2 year daughters to hear one of the bands that was playing. There was only a small element counter protesting on the fringe of the gathering. They were relatively quiet, civil and held simple signs.

I think they are saving the vitriol for the larger cities. For now.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by nathanscottecho

How about the Ethical Planetarian Party? We all can belong to it.

I offer a foundational piece called The End of Entropy (threads linked in my sig) and a structural piece called The Ethical Planetarian Party Platform...

Spread the ideas and... Do the 'Digm!

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
However, around here its only bad if it comes from the right.

That is so victim! And false. You only feel it more because you're on the right. Both sides are equally criticized for their rhetoric.

To liberals, ATS "feels" conservative. And to conservatives, ATS "feels" liberal. But if you step back, take a deep breath and remove the blinders that lead you to one side or the other, you will see that both sides (and extremes of both sides) are equally represented here. That's why there's such a nice balance. That's why our threads go on for DAYS. Because there are people on both sides and some in the middle, discussing these issues with each other.

If we were all on one side or the other, the discussions wouldn't be as much fun and filled with passion as they are.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
please list the common ground then that both sides will agree on.

There is no real common ground to speak of..

Listing things that are SAID to be the platforms of these two parties is an exercise in futility. One side SAYS things. The other side SAYS things.

What do they both DO when in office? Advance the same agenda.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Obama induced class war?

The class war was started by the elites against the middle and lower class. If you don't believe that, then look at how much the income of the bottom 80% has increased compared to the top 20% in the past few decades. The class war has been going on for a long time, the right just tries to make it seem like Obama started it.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by TripleSalCal
reply to post by jibeho

Obama induced class war?

The class war was started by the elites against the middle and lower class. If you don't believe that, then look at how much the income of the bottom 80% has increased compared to the top 20% in the past few decades. The class war has been going on for a long time, the right just tries to make it seem like Obama started it.

Obama has been feeding the flames since his last campaign and has continued throughout his term. His last speech which was supposed to be an economic policy speech was charged with this partisan rhetoric.

The battle between the Haves and the Have Nots. Yes, the rich get richer. They always have and they always will. That's just economics when you consider how these folks spread their investments around. They may lose in one investment only to gain in another. Pretty Simple. More power to them. There is no reason to punish them for any success. Is there? This 1% pays nearly 40% of the nations tax burden. While 45% of tax filers actually pay nothing or even have a negative Federal tax burden.

Our tax structure is certainly failed on many fronts. Just remember who sets the tax code and how much money many of these people are worth as well of the net worth of those who pay heavily to support these goons. These are the folks who pay $35k a plate to attend political fundraisers.

Time to support the FAIR tax once and for all.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Sure, you can post ONLY one side of the argument as the OP has and make it LOOK like the left is worse, but it's only because the OP left out any such videos from the right.

Why should he? Just turn on the MSM and we can see plenty of those.

But seriously, these are people just being stupid, whether it is a video of right wing or left wing loonies. We really shouldn't be wasting our attention on this.

What we should be paying attention to is when government people do stupid things like grab the genitals of a 6 year old because he and his family might be terrorists.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I often wonder why I should be concerned knowing that radical groups like SEIU have Obama on speed dial and apparently are free to use Whitehous.gov as they wish.

In this case to issue a statement from the White House that can be used to blast back to all of their members. Looks rather official to me.

www.whitehouse.gov...

Richard Trumka (afl-cio) has visited the White House how many times? Oh yeah! 48 times that we know of. His vengeful rhetoric speaks for itself. Trumka, the same man who bragged about speaking to the President EVERYDAY.

www.redstate.com...

Groups and people like this are fueling the angst and the partisanship.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

are you not also fueling the fires by taking sides and decrying one group as more hateful and hypocritical than the other?

new topics

top topics

join