It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks reveals US gave money to Syria's opposition

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Sorry, looks like some other threads have been started about this. I apologize, but my first search didn't reveal any other threads...

The Christian Science Monitor posted an article saying:

Newly released WikiLeaks cables reveal that the US State Department has been secretly financing Syrian opposition groups and other opposition projects for at least five years, The Washington Post reports.
Here is the article from the post: Washington Post and a similar article found in CBC News
CBC news has even said that Wikileaks has shown Syria oppositions getting $6 million US. Although the Washington Post said it isn't clear if Syria is still getting money, it looks like funds had been set aside.

That's the blunt of it, please read the articles for yourselves for all the details.

I think this is madness, in a world where the economy is so fragile... ~sigh~
edit on 18-4-2011 by Invariance because: Found other threads

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Invariance

Don't apologize. It is still newsworthy and the subject should be brought up again and again for readers that might miss it.

I am adding a link to a video interview with Assange.

This interview is recent from a couple of days ago. Assange speaks about his methodology in releasing the information. Some of it is "target specific" in other words, the info needs to go to certain areas that have the most interest in the subject or the areas that are most affected by it. Also he explains that, having the ultimate goal of reform, information cannot be released all at once in an overwhelming manner.

In the second video he speaks of the responsibilities of leadership and how his focus changed from "closed societies" to the power societies that wield the greatest influence.

He also summarizes some of the information that has already been presented which depicts gross violations of the sanctity of life and other deliberate evils.

leaksource.wordpress.com...

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

Thanks for the support!

new topics

join