It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Do You Believe In Most? Aliens Or Ghosts?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
In my opinion i believe more in aliens than ghosts, not to sure why. Probably because i'm more intrested in space and the universe than spirits here on earth. If i heard only one exists, i would like it to be aliens put it that way.

i would just like to hear other peoples opinions.

Alpal

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I have a feeling both exist ... Paranormal Activity does exist with witness accounts ... So maybe I'd sway slightly more towards Ghosts ...

However, Aliens fascinate me ... And their arrival would bring an end to the biggest conspiracy known to Man ... Religion ...

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Also, if Aliens came, maybe I wouldn't have to pay my bills for a while ... Coz the whole World will be in shock

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Defenitely aliens, ghosts are so commonly talked about and discussed, with no solid proof whatsoever. At least theres massive amounts of potential environments for aliens to live in, its not a matter of if, but when.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Aliens.

If you just look up into the sky at night you'll know deep down we're not alone.

Never really had a strong experience with 'ghosts' so can't say I believe in them. The only thing that's made me consider the possibilty was a few weeks ago when I heard fast footsteps on my landing, when I was home alone. Still haven't worked out what it was!

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alpal
In my opinion i believe more in aliens than ghosts, not to sure why. Probably because i'm more intrested in space and the universe than spirits here on earth. If i heard only one exists, i would like it to be aliens put it that way.

i would just like to hear other peoples opinions.

Alpal

I dont think they have to be mutualy exclusive. I believe in aliens and ghosts and dont really have a preferance on the two. There both equaly amazing and both have life changing potential.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Aliens. I don't believe in ghosts

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I've seen "ghosts" before. Never seen an alien other than a strange UFO.So I have to say Ghosts!

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Alpal

Well, I know ghosts are real.

What ghosts are, I don't know.

But I believe that their existence is roughly similar to extra-dimensional/terrestrial beings, sorry, I mean aliens.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I've never seen either, but I've always like sci-fi more than horror.

I'll go with aliens.

Wait for it...someone will say very soon that both are demons.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Ghosts but only cause I have seen one "Well either that or a demon" but if I had not see a ghost I would have said I believe in Aliens more

On the ghost story, it was late one night and I switched off the lights and was on my way to bed.. On my way I saw a massive green face with red eyes and it was evil as could be. Slept with lights on but told no one about it as was young and though no one would believe me. Two weeks later my mother sat me down and said we getting a priest in, when I asked why she said my sister saw a green face with red eyes in her bedroom... That freaked me out seen I told no one... and thats why I believe

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I think Aliens are more common-sense to believe.

Life in the Universe MUST be somewhere, we cant be so alone. In my opinion it would be crazier to think we're the only creatures in the Universe.

Ghosts seem to be perceived by some people, but -besides from personal capabilities- are less common-sense to explain in nature.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Alpal

I believe that the question you pose in this thread is perhaps unfortunately worded. Belief should not be relevant. It is a state of mind which is best reserved for religion, for faith, for the creed behind which you throw the weight of your spirit.
Where ones acceptance or lack thereof, of the existance of aliens or ghosts is concerned, it seems to me that belief is not required, and in fact makes a mockery of any effort to PROVE the existance of either of those alleged parties. Ones attitude towards these subjects, should be tempered by scientific understanding, and contextual awareness of these subjects, rather than some blind, and largely unsubstantiated feeling , positive or negative, toward them.
However, this thread poses a question, and I will attempt to answer, from the stand point outlined above. Having had some expirience of researching both these curious subjects to a fair degree, I personaly think the argument for the existance of Aliens, and certainly UFO, holds the greater weight. That said, there are many who would say that I have ignored or been ignorant of various incidents which are held as proof of ghostly interaction with our daily lives.
However, in many cases where ghosts are concerned, one can look at the witness or the person affected by an apparant haunting, and find that on very many occasions there are imbalances of the mind, either schizoid , or attention seeking in thier outworking, at play on the psyche of the suffering , haunted individual.
There are still more incidents in which a persons faith is involved, and that in of itself can skew the whole analytical process toward a certain belief, while the truth remains untouched by impartial investigative process.
While I would never claim that a disease of the mind , or ones religious persuasion precludes one from truthful testimony on any issue, I would say that ones mentality, faith and beliefs affect ones ability to be objective, especialy under unfamiliar or stressful circumstances, like those often expirienced by , lets be honest, both those who have reported contact or sighting of UFO/Alien beings , and those who have been "haunted" by ghosts.
In short, the truth , and ones understanding of it, is based on ones perception of events, which is affected by ones beliefs. However, belief does not consitute proof, or evidence for, any given position, and as previously mentioned, can make proving a point more difficult.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Both are exist. I see them periodically. Lots of things exist. Gremlins, trolls, faeries, gnomes, sprites, so on and so on. You just have to let yourself see them and you will.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Alpal

I am 100% an E.T believer, but ghost don't make sense imo. Humans don't have a soul, they have a brain and there is the big area of the brain that is called the ego and it never wants to die so it creates lies, such as, afterlife, nirvana, heaven, ghost etc. We were made from the stars and one day (billions of years) we will become nebula again.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

hahaha that made me laugh, reminds me of something my best friend would say

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Alpal

Both that aliens/et can transfer the souls of others who were trained to believe they died into new parna suits per planet or sphere for harvesting or stargate entrance energy.
edit on 4/18/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I think there's something to the existance of ghosts, there's too many stories out there, and I have my own little experience which makes me suspect such things exist. However ghosts for me are more something I'm open too, but I view life on other planets very differently.

The Universe is so huge, there is so much outside of our own solar system or even just outside our own planet that I actually think it's very arrogant of us to assume we're the only intelligent life out there.

I can understand why someone might not believe in ghosts or an afterlife, but I really can't understand the logic of someone who totally believes we are alone in this Universe.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I too believe that they can both exist. The hardest thing, I believe, is to find an explanation as to how they can all exist at the same time ( Aliens, Ghosts, God).

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by faryjay

Also, if Aliens came, maybe I wouldn't have to pay my bills for a while ... Coz the whole World will be in shock

Amen

I think both.

Alien and ghost are real phenomena....

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join