It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HELP ME, PLEASE. Do i kill my dog?? He's my best friend.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

Thanks you BadBoY.
I too dont think nugget wouldn't last long once i leave. He has had a great life, and so have I with him.
I still dont know what i will decide. Either decision will be a tough one.
We have winter starting soon in Oz and things will only worse for my mate.
Sorry to hear about your dogs, I too had to put my female to sleep last year. But she had cancer, blind and deaf, so saying goodbye was hard but easier. But with nugget it's a little different.
I still cant decide what i will decide to do yet. (I still have 5days to decide that)
I appreciate your kinds words and thoughts.

Peace and respect mate

Meathed.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
then i definitely think a large pizza is in order

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
Horrible thing to go through but you need to make the right choice for your animal. I had to put down two dogs and a cat two years ago. They were part of my family and I loved them to death but they were suffering and I had to do what was right for them..not me.

I'm so sorry you are in this position and I wish you peace with your decision.

Gday kinglizard.
It is a horrible decision that we have both made before and it's not a nice one either.
Sorry about the loss of your little furry family members.
You and others too have said "do whats right for my mate".
I have few day's still to weigh up my options.
I will do whats right.

Thanks thoughts and your well wishes K.L.
Peace
Meathed

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by wingsfan
well, whatever your decision, try to partake in the things nugget likes while you still can. when my dog's time came we and him all knew what he wanted, his own personal large pizza, made to his liking. he got a little taste of heaven while still on earth

Hi, wingsfan.
Thanks mate, i have started getting nugget all the things in life that he love's, and yes pizza is one of them.(Meat lovers) .I have my friends popping over, and giving nugget his treats and spoiling nugg with pats of love.
I think some of my mate's will miss nugg just as much as me.

Im glad your friend got his slices of heaven too.

Thanks my friend for sharing will us.
Take care.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
He already knows, and he'll wait for you on the other side I'm sure. Dogs are just like that somehow. I know all of mine are around me all the time and they've been gone these past 6 years, anyway, I'm sure he knows how much you care for him, and that's says alot! good luck and blessing on you both !

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

Thank you.
Im sorry about your dog, I5 months would not have been easy age to say goodbye to at.
Like you I will get a vet over for nugg when it's time, just so I'm there too.
i am investigating all options for nugg, including cremation after nugg goes, just so i can take him with me.

Thanks for sharing your story and your kind words and wishes,
This meathead thanks you chiefsmom.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee
If you wait to long you will have horrible painful memories and regret that you let him suffer, I wish i could go back, I waited to long and a day of crises came and I could get any help on a holliday and the suffering went on and on and the crying oh I wish i had done the right thing earlier, i knew in my heart i just would not take action :-(

Oh... Char-Lee my heart weeps for you.
Im sorry to hear that you and your friends last memories were like that.
But.... your not a bad person for wanting to spend more time with your loved one either CL.
And just like im not supposed to beat myself up over the decision i make when i say goodbye to nugg, dont beat yourself up either.
Just because you wanted to spend a little more time with your mate just makes you human thats all, and a kind hearted one at that too.
I hope i will choose the right thing for nugg.

Take care friend and thank you for what you shared with us.
Peace and respect to you.
Meathed

edit on 23-4-2011 by meathed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by trollz

Gday Trollz.
Thanks for your reply and your thoughts mate.
I dont want nugg to suffer. And i know there is nothing wrong with saying goodbye either, it's just picking the right time to say it, thats all.

Thanks Trollz.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frogs
reply to post by meathed

He has lived a long, full, and happy life.

Let him end it as he lived it - with you and feeling loved.

Thanks Frogs.
I will make sure he is loved and with me at his end.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
reply to post by meathed

Why does Nugget have to stay with the Ex? If the dog is in pain then it is selfish for you to keep him alive. If the dog is not in pain then you let him live. I had to put my Rotty down two years ago and it was the worst day of my life and I wouldn't wish that pain on anyone.

Nugg doesn't have to stay with the ex, but if i want nugg to die naturally i would have to.
Nugg is not in pain all day's, just most. He never lets on that he's hurting but, he does need help some days though. My mate had to help nugg up the stairs the other night as his back legs could get him up, so I know the time is nigh, just hard to admitt it though.
Im sorry about your Rotty, friend.
I thank you OS.

Peace

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by misnomer68
It's sad that you have to part with your friend at this painful time in your life, but it may be for the best. Make it your mission to see him into the next realm peacefully. Our dog was getting old and growing lumps/tumours which didn't seem painful to her, but in her last week in our family, she lost her appetite, and was getting weaker. We were considering putting her down.
Soon after that day, one morning I let her out for her pee, and we never saw her again. We searched for weeks to no avail. Most people think she went off to die, and took herself far enough away so as not to attract predators to her family (something wolves do in nature as well).
Please say goodbye to your friend, make his last days as wonderful and peacefule as possible, as it is far more painful not to be able to give your friend that at least...

Thanks.
I have already started on my mission to make sure nuggets next step is as peaceful as i can make it.
Your story has touched me my friend. Im sorry, That would not have been an easy thing for you and your family to have gone through. I have had heard similar story's of dogs and cats wandering off to do the same as your dog did.(love and respect)
I will make sure that my goodbye is a special one.
And i will make sure i will be there too.

Thanks again misnomer68.

Peace, meathed

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by visitor-mc
We have had to let our vet put down our dogs 3 times in the course of our lives (60+ yrs. - We have had dogs that could be treated and they lived for a number of years afterwards. This is a heartbreaking decision - I know. We relied on our vet's opinion concerning this and I have no regrets. The dr. will do what is best for your dog and avoid putting him through unnecessary suffering. Your dog will be out of his misery but you will feel the loss - each time, we realized that we had made the right decision for our pet. Sorry you have to go through this.

Gday visitor-mc.
Thanks you mate for your words of wisdom and experience.
I know the doc will do the best, but as you know its just hard to say goodbye.
Ive started to spoil nugget more than i usually do, as i think Im getting ready friend for the enevitable
Thanks V-M i appreciate your time.
Peace mate.
Meathed

edit on 23-4-2011 by meathed because: I was patting my dog and spelt things wrong.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011
reply to post by meathed

I had a german shephard dog named Max when I was a child. We had him since he was a baby puppy. The best guardian ever, my best friend. When he aged to 16 he was definitely showing his age and he wasn't as mobile as he once was. His eating habits were subsiding and was also going somewhat blind. He never left our side, was the family treasure. We made the decision to have him put down. It was a hard moment in my life. I did shed a lot of tears, but in the end we knew he would live a better second life in doggy heaven. He lived a great life, and left me a scar above my left eye when he jumped on me once. I'll never forget him. R.I.P. *Max*
edit on 18-4-2011 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

RIP Max

What a lucky scar you Skywatcher to have to remind you of your guardian friend.
I too have shed tears thinking about what i should do for my mate, and i have shed a few tears for you too. Nugget has been a loyal little friend from the day we meet and has helped me get through many a hard day with his unconditional love after a hard day work, and recently he has been there through this hard time I have been having since my wife walked out. So thats why it makes it just a little tough to say goodbye.

I believe that nugget will be like Max and he be off running around in doggy heaven too.
I had a dream last nite that nugg was running around with our female lab Tirra, that we put down a year. It was

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by pacofunk64

Thanks for your thoughts pacofunk.
And thanks for your honesty, but i still dont know when is the right time.( But its soon)
I still have a few days to decide what to do, but it still wont be easy.
Peace paco,

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by CoolStoryMan

I have pets too and they are very much part of our family but for goodness sake, there's a big difference between a child and a pet; perhaps if and when some of these pet owners have children they'll soon find out what their priorities are.

I'm not going to apologise when I say people come first before animal (even though some people get more up my goat than a domesticated animal).

Why should humans come before a dog or another animal? lol who are the runs that have raped and destroyed this planet for all its resources? not buster the dog......never seen a cat turn into a serial killer, or a whale molest a child....seriously humans are probably looked down upon by superior races wherever they may be

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by bbcobra83
As an animal shelter employee I can tell you that the saddest dogs we get in that the ones that spend their lives with one owner, and are then ripped away. It's highly likely that his medical problems will roll downhill quickly once you are out of the picture...not saying that it's certain...but 95% of the older dogs that we see at the shelter go through the equivelent of losing a loved one. I guess it comes down to...is he going to enjoy what's left of his life without you in it?

Hi, bbcobra.
I appreciate your professional thoughts on this.
Nuggets already had enough loses, and i dont think he could, would handle another lose.
Thanks bb for your words. I dont think nugg could live that long without me.
I have been nugg's friend for way to long for him to understand why i would leave him and give him up.
I cant abandon him, not now, not after everything we have been through.
What you have said bbcobra made alot of sence to me and this meathead has listened.
No matter what i choose it is gunna be one of the toughest decision i have made in my life bb.

Your words have hurt as they have hit home, as you have backed up the words many have said in their posts.
I thank you for your honesty bbcobra.

Take care friend

Peace, meathed

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
the vet will do what is best for his pocket book. you should do it yourself and not some stranger for profit.

if you own a pistol take him somewhere secluded and let him die nobly. or let him die naturally.

really there is no wrong decision.

I wont let a vet prolong nuggets life, randomname, that i can guarantee you that mate.
I will let him die with dignity, as i will be there at the end.
I wish nugget could die naturally, but his body is failing.
Thanks for your words friend.

Peace,
Meathed.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmosKid
He already knows, and he'll wait for you on the other side I'm sure. Dogs are just like that somehow. I know all of mine are around me all the time and they've been gone these past 6 years, anyway, I'm sure he knows how much you care for him, and that's says alot! good luck and blessing on you both !

Hey Cosmoskid.
Gday and thanks mate.
Your right that dogs know, i think i have been getting that look off nugget everytime he cant get off the ground.
He does know i care mate, but......
Thank you for your blessings, it mean much to me and old nugget.
I will never forget nugg as you will not forget yours.

Take care mate.
Peace.
Meathed

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by CoolStoryMan

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by CoolStoryMan

I have pets too and they are very much part of our family but for goodness sake, there's a big difference between a child and a pet; perhaps if and when some of these pet owners have children they'll soon find out what their priorities are.

I'm not going to apologise when I say people come first before animal (even though some people get more up my goat than a domesticated animal).

Why should humans come before a dog or another animal? lol who are the runs that have raped and destroyed this planet for all its resources? not buster the dog......never seen a cat turn into a serial killer, or a whale molest a child....seriously humans are probably looked down upon by superior races wherever they may be

Gday CoolStoryMan.
All i can say is, I love the way you think and what you say and how you say it.
People seem to forget if it wasn't for dog's and other animals, this world would not be a world.
Basic human survival has relied on the demestication of animals. And dogs have protectered us humans for 10's of thousands of years. They need to be respected for that.
And i agree, if there are others watching earth, well..... we humans must look like a pack of murderous pricks that have no repect for nothing except money.
How pathetic some of us must look like from afar.
Im glad most on this thread can see the big picture and love and respect their pets (Friends)

Thanks again CSM.
Take care my friend

Meathed

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by sixneuproele
reply to post by meathed

My favorite dog was having similar complications and I let her life end naturally. I was by her side the whole way and I felt as though it shouldn't be my calling at a specific time to end her life (Which I would have probably felt extremely guilty about later) Your situation with the divorce however is an added issue. Is there no way you can work things out with your ex to keep the dog so that you can take care of him?

Hi six.
Its sad you had to say goodbye to your friend, but for her to go naturally is such a blessing in disguise. ( I selfishly have wished for nugget to do the same.)

And no, there is no way i can take nugg with me. Ive tried and tried, but....... i have no where to take him.
And the Ex won't speak to me, so leaving nugg with her is not an option yet, as there is nothing that can guarantee that she will let me in the yard to see nugget again.

I feel extremely guilty already just thinking about putting nugget down. Even as i type as Nugget is laying at my feet and to think that i wont be able to touch him again just guts me mate.
Im at a loss one way or the other, Six.
I hope i can only hope i can make the right choice and make it soon.

Take care Six.
Peace.
Meathed

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join