It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SP downgrades US debt outlook to NEGATIVE...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Damn it took them a while... like YEARS... to finally start to downgrade US ``outlook``... next : downgrading US credit. When that happens, it's the beginning of the end for America. Fact is, it should have happened A LONG TIME AGO... but the SP is bought and paid for by the financial elite...

That means... that the SP finally telling the BEGINNING of the truth about the US economy... means that the elite have decided to kaput the US.

Got physical gold? Ammo? Guns and food? You'll need them soon.

If you think congress killing medicare is bad, and if you think the gas prices or the taxes are high, you ain't see nothing yet.

STUNNER: S&P REVISES US OUTLOOK TO NEGATIVE

From S&P:

Overview

We have affirmed our 'AAA/A-1+' sovereign credit rating on the United States of America.

* The economy of the U.S. is flexible and highly diversified, the country's effective monetary policies have supported output growth while containing inflationary pressures, and a consistent global preference for the U.S. dollar over all other currencies gives the country unique external liquidity.
* Because the U.S. has, relative to its 'AAA' peers, what we consider to be very large budget deficits and rising government indebtedness and the path to addressing these is not clear to us, we have revised our outlook on the long-term rating to negative from stable.

And the kicker :

* We believe there is a material risk that U.S. policymakers might not reach an agreement on how to address medium- and long-term budgetary challenges by 2013; if an agreement is not reached and meaningful implementation does not begin by then, this would in our view render the U.S. fiscal profile meaningfully weaker than that of peer 'AAA' sovereigns.

That means even the Ryan ``plan`` is BS. And that means if no real reform happens by 2013 (if Obama is reelected or another neo-con is elected) say bye bye to US AAA+ rating... and then it's the beginning of the death spiral.

Another step towards the total death of the US economy. And this is a BIG ONE.

And that means NO QE3!!! If they are insane enough to do QE3, it's gonna be hyperinflation Wiemar style!
edit on 18-4-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Hmmm ..this guy as time passes is more and more right

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
It's such a joke to be honest. They say the yellow car is yellow, and the people are shocked.

www.marketwatch.com... egative-2011-04-18

Anyway, even though I doubt it, the World Bank president did say the other day we where "one shock away from a crisis", Dow is down 230 and Gold is touching new record 1500...we'll see.
edit on 18-4-2011 by FermiFlux because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I've got food, guns and ammo covered. no hold though

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by FermiFlux

Wait and see how the asian markets react to this later tonight.

Even though the S&P AAA rating has been maintained. we know why that is. and so do the market.

UT shifting, $6.5B into physical coupled with this will IMO, spark a run on the comex.

The spike this morning in gold was match perfectly by Fibonacci retrace to around $1487. at which point, if this resume the inter-day trend. This COULD hit $1500 before the end of the session.

And you know that the sino traders in HK are already pre-ordering on this news, and will be emptying their portfolios of UST's

All in all I smell a comex default in the works, if there is more demand for physical delivery in reaction to this.

I just feel things are now starting to accelerate.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
And the DOW Drops Over 200 Points in Early Trading after S&P cuts U.S. outlook
www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
"From S&P: We have affirmed our 'AAA/A-1+' sovereign credit rating on the United States of America."

Would that be the same S&P that was giving out tripple 'A's to all the banks back in 2008 just before most went bust or the tax payers were forced to buy them.

Not worth the frigging paper it's printed on and the markets are sending the signal.

Got the silver and food but no guns becaue our leaders in the UK know if we had guns then many would be held up on chages of treason but americans have no such excuse.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
And it begins. These markets have been propped up artificially for some time now. Complete collapse is on the horizon, and revolution will follow.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
ON track for $1495 close by the end of the NY session. Just setting it up for the Asians to tip it over the top, once the panic sets in!!

Welcome to the brave new world folks!

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Prediction: The DOW will be back (within 50 points) from where it started by the end of trading today.

Always remember... MANIPULATION, MANIPULATION, MANIPULATION!

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
This is some truly alarming news. Meanwhile here at ATS it's still blah, blah, blah and probably 90% of the people here don't even read any news other than what another member links to support some pet theory or gripe. This article at BBC, though brief summarizes the situation pretty well. www.bbc.co.uk...
Hang on to your hats.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
There is some serious trading going on here.

Alot of selling (why wouldn;t there be) but far too much pressure from buyers. Now have wiped out the retrace, and the session trend is going parabolic.

Either we're in for a big correction. Or this is going to smash through 1500 TODAY!

Who said this would never happen????

HAHAHHA

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
S&P downgrades US outlook....

Translation: The bankers are threatening politicians to raise US debt limit or else.

Its pretty simple. Anyone with half a brain knew something like this would happen so long as there is any kind of debate to stop raising the US debt limit.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Vikus

Good point well made. More hostage taking by the banks!

So all eyes on the treasury dept. then!!

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

The point of Porter Stansberry 'Ad' as that is what it is, does make a lot of information and background however in the end, if you can watch it to the end, without wanting to punch the screen, is a sell for his papers.Free if you subscribe etc.

All the papers he is offering are freely available on the net. including the BIG SECRET.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

That of course really depends on what your goals are and how you plan to live out your last days! While I realize I don't fit comfortably in present company...I just thought I'd give this thread a bump for the prescient if not consistently gloomy outlook in some of these posts and posters. I'm listening.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Damn it took them a while... like YEARS... to finally start to downgrade US ``outlook``... next : downgrading US credit. When that happens, it's the beginning of the end for America. Fact is, it should have happened A LONG TIME AGO... but the SP is bought and paid for by the financial elite...

That means... that the SP finally telling the BEGINNING of the truth about the US economy... means that the elite have decided to kaput the US.

If you think congress killing medicare is bad, and if you think the gas prices or the taxes are high, you ain't see nothing yet.

STUNNER: S&P REVISES US OUTLOOK TO NEGATIVE

From S&P:

Overview

We have affirmed our 'AAA/A-1+' sovereign credit rating on the United States of America.

* The economy of the U.S. is flexible and highly diversified, the country's effective monetary policies have supported output growth while containing inflationary pressures, and a consistent global preference for the U.S. dollar over all other currencies gives the country unique external liquidity.
* Because the U.S. has, relative to its 'AAA' peers, what we consider to be very large budget deficits and rising government indebtedness and the path to addressing these is not clear to us, we have revised our outlook on the long-term rating to negative from stable.

And the kicker :

* We believe there is a material risk that U.S. policymakers might not reach an agreement on how to address medium- and long-term budgetary challenges by 2013; if an agreement is not reached and meaningful implementation does not begin by then, this would in our view render the U.S. fiscal profile meaningfully weaker than that of peer 'AAA' sovereigns.

That means even the Ryan ``plan`` is BS. And that means if no real reform happens by 2013 (if Obama is reelected or another neo-con is elected) say bye bye to US AAA+ rating... and then it's the beginning of the death spiral.

Another step towards the total death of the US economy. And this is a BIG ONE.

And that means NO QE3!!! If they are insane enough to do QE3, it's gonna be hyperinflation Wiemar style!

I know where the money is.

Read this article!

The Real Housewives of Wallstreet

Christy is the wife of John Mack, the chairman of Morgan Stanley. Susan is the widow of Peter Karches, a close friend of the Macks who served as president of Morgan Stanley's investment-banking division. Neither woman appears to have any serious history in business, apart from a few philanthropic experiences. Yet the Federal Reserve handed them both low-interest loans of nearly a quarter of a billion dollars through a complicated bailout program that virtually guaranteed them millions in risk-free income.

What the hell is going on?

I wonder if we are really broke or if the Federal Reserve just hands out Trillions for the hell of it to their rich buddies.

It's rediculous, this is our money.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I wouldn't make it so tragic. In the end it's just a credit warning and the US Treasury is confident to possess the capabilities to recover:

The US Treasury responded that S&P had underestimated its ability to tackle the national debt.

And also:

We believe S&P's negative outlook underestimates the ability of America's leaders to come together to address the difficult fiscal challenges facing the nation

Source: BBC NEWS

I see it like this: the bankers know that if the US economy collapses, the whole world economy will follow. So it will not happen....unless there is something else coming up we don't know. Bankers are bankers, for them it's only about profits. There wouldn't be profits in a global chaos. It's anyway a serious credit warning, a bit shameful for US and for sure a sign that things are not going so well, but I don't know why it looks like a comedy in a theatre. Rating agencies have too much power in their hands, this must change. Markets have to be free from controls, monopolies must be illegal and no intervention of the State in the economy should be allowed. Of course this is only the opinion of a stupid graduate in Economics as I am....

top topics

join