It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Todays Magnetosphere

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Someone had posted before that the graphs and simulation are in fact just simulations and not 100% actual readings of the field. The simulations are created based on the solar wind speeds, densities, maybe some other factors and not actual electrical / magnetic measurements of the field. So when you see the simulation doing funky things it could be quite normal.

I wish there was some sort of in depth write up in regards to the simulation so we can better understand what we are looking at.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frank Dinkle
Someone had posted before that the graphs and simulation are in fact just simulations and not 100% actual readings of the field. The simulations are created based on the solar wind speeds, densities, maybe some other factors and not actual electrical / magnetic measurements of the field.

The simulations are graphics based on actual measurements - much like graphs are graphics based on data - the graphics themselves are not "real" but they ARE based on real information.

So when you see the simulation doing funky things it could be quite normal.

It's only a problem when you view one pic in isolation - If you compare the different graphic representations, you can see the changes. Just like with graphs.

The 6.6 EQ in the Kermadecs happened today at 13:03 UTC; antar's pic is from 13:22 UTC - it doesn't show much disruption in the field - but now, at 16:17 UTC the field is much more disrupted.

...What I've been observing is that the magnetic field often is more disrupted after a quake, between 2 - 14 hours. Which is why I think there's a feedback loop happening...

13:22 UTC:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/962ab721b004.jpg[/atsimg]

16:17 UTC:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6aba4e66b166.jpg[/atsimg]

COMPARE to the pic from March 30. 2011, showing a totally scrambled magnetic field - worst I've ever seen.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/92095e479478.jpg[/atsimg]

Hope that helps.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by kassych

Every single time I notice the Rsoe maps and Global incident maps are showing increases in airplane accidents, increasing quakes and intensity, I come over here --never fails weird magnetosphere pics and solar flares. I think they are all connected, but not sure which are the result of the other. Interesting at least. Hope someone can shed more light on all of these events.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

I wish you would do a thread on this so I can read and follow. This is scary stuff and if the feedback is right then what will happen next after all the eqs today? Thanks for your input, it does help clarify some of my questions.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Thanks antar. I started one here: Strong Earthquakes Increasing. Disrupting Planet's Magnetic Field?. ...Got sidetracked by PuterMan who hates me now...

But hopefully, can get back on track there and at least collect some of the data, piecemeal. Problem is I REALLY need HAARP's data - I think that might separate what's interstellar/galactic from solar from mining/drilling/testing and EQ related. ...Actually do have another short post to put up there. Almost forgot!

Thanks,

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

Well lets just mozy on over there then, I was inspired by the email but am a stick in the mud when it comes to this kind of information. Thanks!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join