It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SUPER BLOOD MOON! April 16th-17th in Texas

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Wow, it looks so beautiful. It was bigger here (Sweden) and brighter then the "Supermoon".

(My first post here, no more a lurker!)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I saw it too. I live in Wichita Falls. (North Central Texas). All day Friday we were watching as brush fires surrounded the place that I work. The whole sky that day was a dull green. We could even smell the smoke we were so close.

The only rain we've had in the last week or so was a freak hailstorm that came and went in about 10 min.

....just wanted to chime in and say hello to all my fellow Texans!

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terra11
Wow, it looks so beautiful. It was bigger here (Sweden) and brighter then the "Supermoon".

(My first post here, no more a lurker!)

Welcome to ATS! Have you been fitted for your custom made tin-foil hat yet? If not, just ask, we'll point you in the right direction.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Awesome, I saw this last night too, in the UK around 4am, cauight it just before it started setting behind my neighbors house...
the last time i saw one that red i was 2 1/2 years old. I felt so blissful being reunited with that same childlike joy,, it was really very lovely.

thanks for sharing, its beautiful to know these moments are shared probably by millions at one throughout the globe.

~namste~

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Really awesome.

We had something similar here on the gulf coast of fl.

I was out on my porch just waking up at about 4amish maybe later as the sun was slightly coming up.
At first it caught my attention when I was in the house because the reflection almost lit up my entire pool it looked really awesome
But, it wasn't as red and was much larger looked like you could reach up and touch it.

The moon has been really beautiful as of lately.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I just filmed it in the UK very red never seen it this red video doesn't do it justice.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS! Have you been fitted for your custom made tin-foil hat yet? If not, just ask, we'll point you in the right direction.

Cheers! No worries, i got plenty of tin-foil. If you got anything more advance it would be much appreciated!

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

you filmed this just now!?

I cant see it, what direction does it face you from? & where in the UK are you?
thanks

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by EmeraldGreen

Its in the South East low down or was will be getting higher now, I am in kent.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Very big and orange here in southwest england, caught it just before 9pm and people were in the street gazing at in in the town sun was still up too. Tonight it was much whiter but almost had a reddish glow around it. was there a lunar eclipse? if not must be a lot of dust/particles

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
This deserves to have a drink named after it... Bloody Red Texas Moon

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
ive just thought of something. Maybe the recent red moons have been due to the saharan desert gales causing sand to fly around in the winds, as visible in the recent Moutain video, shot upon a spanish moutain overlooking the canarie islands. The video shows a similar shade to the recent colour of the moon ~ in this thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

what do you think? im not expert on weather patters like this, so lets decide the fete of my theory together..

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I finished work yesterday at 5 am, The sky was clear and it was HUGE!!! it was also really red, reminded me of mars

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
GREAT video! It's not red in Michigan, but it is low and powerful. I feel more from this moon than last months 'legendary' Super Moon. It just has this low, powerful feeling to it. Good thinking on video taping the blood moon!

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by faryjay

LoL I was asked by my cousin her words exactly "are you a freaking wolf stop staring at the moon" Ahaha I couldn't help it but it too was the biggest and brightest I have seen in a long time, and it was really bright and white!! I wonder how it is red in other parts of the world? I honestly don't know the science behind that?
Sarah

^^^^ Okay I know that sounds retarded but, I mean well why in one area it was red and in others not? Not how the moon could be red. Ugh *akward*
edit on 18-4-2011 by Sarahraeann because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
So, I got some more footage on Monday night (the 18th) around 10 PM-
This time it was MUCHHH bigger...
but still just as deep orange/red...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join