It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2011 - '100 Days of Disaster'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Good Evening ATS,

I'm watching a fantastic documentary that is screening on the 10 Network AU - and really thought it was worth sharing. It isnt the usual disaster documentary that i thought it was going to be and covers some very interesting topics and viewpoints regarding the turbulent start we have had to 2011.

I have not been able to provide a trailer or related clips as yet as the show is airing as i type and edit this OP. As soon as media is available i will post in this thread

Airdate: 18/04/2011 10PM

2011: 100 Days of Disaster

2011 has been plagued with floods, cyclones, earthquakes, a tsunami and now the threat of a nuclear meltdown. Join Dr Andrew Rochford as we explore a deeper meaning and ask is the worst yet to come?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d7ed3d2a7406.jpg[/atsimg]

I must admit this one doesn’t fill me with much enthusiasm. I’m in “Disaster Fatigue” mode and I suspect a lot of others viewers may be too.

I’m also not so sure whether a doctor is really the right choice to present this, unless of course it’s about the health and mental issues that have emerged. I reckon a Weather Channel special from Dick Whitaker might have been a better fit to tackle this topic.

It's only been on for about 10 minutes and already they have referenced a lead up till 2012 and the changes the Earth is going through and how it has already affected us in the first 100 days of 2011.

* Argentina (Earthquake)
* Sechuan Province, China (Earthquake)
* Chile (Earthquake)
* Christchurch,NZ (Earthquake)
* Mass Bird and Fish Deaths Worldwide
* QLD Australia (Floods)
* VIC Australia (Floods)
* Cyclone Yasi, Australia
* Japan (Earthquake and Tsunami)

They are also covering topics such as:

* Mayan Prophecy (2012 Mayan Prophecy)
* Torah 2012 Prophecy (Torah Code)
* 2012 Solar Maximum and Flares
* Climate Change
* Earth Cycles
* Brown Dwarfs - Nemisis or Nibiru
* Magnetic Fields
* Polar Shifts ( Discusses needing to recalibrate Airport runways and GPS )
* Ring of Fire

All covered by believers, skeptics, scientist's and commentators.

Ch 10 Guide

2011: 100 Days of Disaster (PG)
10:00pm-11:00pm | TEN
Monday 18 April 2011

2011 has been plagued with floods, cyclones, earthquakes, a tsunami and now the threat of a nuclear meltdown. Join Dr Andrew Rochford as we explore a deeper meaning and ask is the worst yet to come?

It's making for some great TV and amazing to see them discuss some topics that have up untill now been limited to conspiracy topics. As soon the actual clip is posted online i will share it

Real Time Twitter Feed for 2011: 100 Days

Sorry all i'm editing as the program goes on. This is really interesting for something that is being aired on national free to air TV.

edit on 18-4-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
What a wonderful world we live in

I cant wait untill the sh*t hits the fan

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I look forward to watching this when I go back home ... I hope it's playing then (recorded)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
it would be awesome if someone find it on YT or Google Videos..

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
i agree alot has been happening this year.. but is it much different from previous years or decades? we have always had floods, eq's, extreme weather.. etc
does it only seem to be more than usual because of the growth of media, television and internet over the last few years?
to attribute these things to earth changes and 2012, we really need some kind of scientific evidence to find out what earth changes are causing this and how this might be effecting us.. without that (no offence to you) it is like the thousands of threads that came before yours, which are just speculation with no substance.. and of course a little bit of fearmongering thrown in there for good measure..

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by faryjay

It's great so far!!

I'm trying to watch it and share updates online at the same time...

I can't find any trailers as yet, but tomorrow the full clip should be floating around online.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by heineken

It's only airing on TV now.. in realtime.

It should be online either tonight or tomorrow hopefully

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Shows like that make me wish I had cable

Hopefully there'll be a place to view it later.. Would love to have the overview of events.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Jomina

This one isnt airing on cable, it's on free to air TV, one of the prime networks in Australia. That also surprises me, covering these particular topics is very strange for prime TV.

I have seen it advertised through the week but thought it was just going to be another disaster related show... this one is very interesting though

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Havick007

The show will fill the vacant hole left by Glee given there are no new episodes to screen yet

I hope that was sarcasm. The only vacant hole Glee should leave is a hollowed out skull of anyone that watches it.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

I decided to omite that part of the off-site review.....

Sadly the Channel 10 site didnt have a big synopsis so i relied on a third party review...

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Like the OP I too thought this would be just another typical disaster show & missed the first half.

When I flicked over to it I was also shocked at what topics were being covered. I recorded the last 1/2 but am hoping they re-run it later so I can see it all.

Ch 10 is one of our biggest, but most tabloid stations, their news is absolute rubbish journalism at its worst so I was a bit shocked to see them covering it with an element of seriousness. Maybe George Negus (Australias best journalist) going over there has forced a lift in their game.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by SNAFU38

I wouldnt call Ch10 News a tabloid... thier news is very similar to all the other major networks in Australia.

If anything that show they tried to start with Negus is crap. He sits their making uninterested comments about stories from other reporters. I saw him try to make a funny comment tonight after the story about Trump

He has gone from the frontline of reporting to baby sitting younger journalist's and only being there to support and present their stories but does so in such a mundane and uninterested way. He was a fantastic journalist and reporter but i hate to see him this type of role.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I also think its the news media and world wide web that brings more 'disaster' news to more people's awareness and this year is no more extreme than many other years in the past. Consider off the top of my head;

The 1930's Dust Bowl drought. This was continent wide drought that lasted for years and further crippled a Depression suffering America.

During WWII the Eurasian continent suffered one of its coldest winters in modern times, which was partly responsible for Germany's Russian advance defeat.

The Mississippi flood of the early 1990's, for nearly the entire summer about 1/4 of America's heartland missed out on summer, where the rain and floods kept the temperatures an average of 52º F all summer.

What about the Medieval mini Ice Age? The Medieval Warm period? The Black Death that wiped out 1/3 of the European continent's population.

There are many more severe weather and mass disaster years on the books, those are just a couple.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
bugger I missed it. Didn't even know it was on. It's very rare we have channel 10 on at our place. Why did they get Dr. Andrew whateverhisnameis to present a show on those issues? strange. Sounds like they are just trying to cash in on peoples fears, pretty much like 10 LOVES to do come disaster time. Ill give it a watch if it encores or there is a link to watch online though, just to see
Thanks for the heads up!

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

Hi Havick

I saw it, I was actually amazed the msm actually did a programme like this,
I’m also curious to know how many people watched it. (TV ratings)

They could easily make a second part to it. At one stage there I thought they were going to tell you what to pack in your BOB, but they didn’t.

I also tried looking for a copy of this to post on ATS as I’m sure allot of members here would be grateful to see it.

Love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Did anyone in Australia record it and upload it somewhere? I'm sure it doesn't contain anything we here at ATS don't already know, but it would be interesting to see anyway.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Hi there,

Although new to this site, I have been a believer in alternate theories for some time. I found this show and the many varied views and beliefs very interesting. The content centred around the Mayan Calendar and the predicted doomsday events at the end (21st December 2012).

It lead me to a this article on Solar Extinction. viewzone2.com...

It details the link between the Mayan Peoples knowledge of Astronomy and Scientific proof that Major Extinction Events happen. Now I am not saying that the world is going to end on 21st Dec 2012 but ignorance is not the answer either.

As I said to my wife as she rolled over to go-to sleep, don't live in denial...

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

Yeah it was good although in the end it was more like a brief overview rather than in-depth look at these issue's. I still havent been able to find a clip online

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by bkaust

ha yeah it was strange to see hom hosting this type of show. Although he has been co-hosting the 7PM project on and off so obviously he does well for ratings, he does seem like a natural whem it comes to presenting.

Perhaps he has interest in conspiracy

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join