It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cloud seeding in Moscow kills pimp

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Ok this is am older article about a mix up when the Russians were cloud seeding to get rid of rain clouds.They made a mixture of silver iodide, liquid nitrogen and cement powder in an attempt to seed the clouds. Cement powder? sounds like trouble, here is the article...

www.universetoday.com...

Ok now in this article they said at the end no-one was hurt but i was watching the show 1000 Ways to Die the other day and they have a different version of what happened. here is the clip from that episode...

www.youtube.com...

I dont know if the article was lying about a death from the idiotic cloud seeding mixture or was the show just making it up? I had noticed that the dates are different in the show and the article. their is almost a year difference But i thought that could be just a mix up on the show? What do you guys think?

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Whether or not these stories are from the same instance of cloud seeding doesn't really matter to me. What matters in my book is the fact that they are putting cement into the air!!

Really??? If the Russians are putting cement into the airways, what is the US gov putting up there??

The more I learn about weather modification the more upset I get.
LEAVE OUR MOTHER ALONE!
Monsoons and droughts are all part of the natural cycle.
We won't know for a very long time just what kind of adverse effects will come of all of this........

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by jaycen420

LOL!!!!

Yes, I think the "Spike TV" program embellished the story...looked like it could have come right from "the Onion"....hilarious! That American "pimp", as a serious "source"?...."Sugar Free"
Too funny.

And, speaking of funny.....I think you may be up for an award. That thread title has to be one of the funniest on ATS.

(Wait....maybe you write for "the Onion", right? LOL!)

edit on 18 April 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Yeah cement dust wouldnt be a wise decision even a bit of moisture that would turn into a solid of some form, yeah if russia's using that damn i'd never let my kids play in the rain if i lived in the USA

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by jaycen420

I always questioned those shows. I would think family members of the deceased would be outraged by their depiction on how their loved ones died. I could be wrong, but I kind of think the producers sit around a table and come up with some of these shows. I'm sure there's some truth to them, but I think they exaggerate some of the deaths. It seems like a too much of a coincidence that the bad people and stupid ones always get killed.

As for the Russian incident, I would think their scientists would be much smarter than that. Water and cement? Anybody with some common sense would think that it could result in clumps of cement forming in the clouds. And if it did happen, I doubt it would clump together in large chunks the way they depicted it. Just my thoughts.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by avatar22

Calm down....

....that they are putting cement into the air....

They just use the cement DUST to act as nuclei, in order to encourage raindrops to form, and thus the clouds will "rain" out, in a way that is "timed" to their liking.

Why cement? Probably was cheapest option. But, in any event.....the pitiful amounts they can throw out from an airplane are incredibly small, in comparison to what will be stirred up, and released into the air at a plant where the cement is stored, packaged and shipped!!! Billowing into the air.

Heck, a motocross race and rally, on very dry dirt roads probably whips up more dust into the air!!

Dirt might have been a better choice....but, it's about particle size, and the (hopefully) distribution of the particles, for best effect. Problem with cement is, of course, a bit of moisture unnoticed, and you get that unfortunate "clumping".. LOL!

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
LOL ya i thought it was kinda funny myself, thought id post it anyways and get a laugh

new topics

top topics

join