It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Overpopulation? Elitest Propaganda and Damned Lies Lies Lies!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

We are going to have massive fresh water shortages in the next 20 years. We've been getting a lot of water from aqueducts that are now running out.

Also, in order to support huge populations like today, especially in cities, resources have to be shipped in using a lot of gas. And the food is grown, harvested, cleaned, etc using gas machinery. When we hit peak oil in the next ten years, you will see what problems that will cause, especially since we have no plans to set up any kind of large scale infrastructure for photovoltaic roads, wind, etc.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I think you did fine research on your original post however some of us have brought up valid points why it's just not logical. If you have counter points to those it would be great to discuss those however bringing up the end of the world by the end of next year with no proof other than your word degrades the quality of your original post.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
When i was eight years old i remember going down to the river to shoot carp with a bow. The water was so clear you could see the carp in the sunlight. Now, that same river ,is green and smells of sewage. It a bio hazzard and nothing gets done. People put fertilizer in their lawns by the river and also the golf coarse. The sewage plant by the river is supposed to clean the water then empty back into the creek that empties into the river, but i fear they don't because of money issues these days. I use to fish there when i was young, but now it is a running sewage sesspool. It all goes down river and people down river get that and then some more. No wonder they are drainning the great lakes and bottlling the water. I personally do not like them drainning it and selling the water all around the world. We all are contributing to the polutants that go into the rivers and lakes of our great state of minnesota.I fear that if the population grows any more, pollutants like this will be everywhere. I do not think that the elites should just kill us off, no. Why can we just make a law that you can only have one child. That in itself will decrease the population. I use to see a green, pure land and now all it is is a sesspool of sewage. This i so sad peoples do this to the very land they love and have children play on. Now your children must grow up in a sesspool of sewage, of GOD only knows what is all in that river. I believe population control, yes, BUT limit the amount of children per family to only one child. But no, this will not work because people will want to f# and f# with no protection. So, what are we to do with the population cause our environment is taking the toll from all the wasteful peoples,who do not care for anyone but themselves. Pollutants everywhere. The lakes, the rivers, ground water, wells, and the water in your home. Polluted, because of people who dump, litter,pollute,in some way shape or form. Even if you think you do not pollute, you lie, you do. Example. You may drive a rusty or old car, well old cars leak oil. That oil gets into the tar and when it rains it goes into the gutter and travels to a water overflow area or someplace where it gets sent off the streets. This water then goes into the ground or directly into the river. People do these things. I believe if we could control the populous to one child per family we would be fine and keep doing that for awhile. The people are so use to the saying, be fruitful. well, there is such a thing as being responsible for ones actions as are you able to take care of a child financially, and morrally. Not just f# and oooops. I think people need a wake up call. I suggest that you watch JERRY SPRINGER for a whole year. That , people is your society, OK. Meanning, people just don't care anymore. To many people here on earth all over the place and the plantlife is dwindling. Make an exsperiment and see how much oxegen it takes for you to breath in an hour. Find out how many plants it takes to make the oxegen you breath. I'm sure if you stuck yourself in a bubble and filled it with lots of plants, you would find it takes alot of plants to be in your bubble for you to sustain life. With that said, the destruction of plant life and with natural dissasters, pollutants and so forth. This is why we need to lower the population. We are Killing it. I am not saying the elites should do us all in, i'm saying that a family should only have one child for several generations. People are polluting the world and pretty soon your childrens children will not have a world worth living in. So many pollutants, so many polluters and noone cares. Ever see the movie blade runner? At the ground level the air and everything was so polluted. Do you want your children living in a place like that. Full of pollutants. NO. I do like the flying cars and things, gadgets, technology. We need a cleanner society. Technology that is green, not polluted. We have to as a whole meanning the whole planet needs to dwindle down in population. Mother earth needs to heal from all the polluters. Now we have fukeshema, more pollutants. Gee, now the people cain't even live there. See the problem. Mother nature needs help, so lets help the earth all together and be responsible for OUR ACTIONS. Do not be a polluter and have only one child.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
It always amazes me that the ones who are going on about overpopulation are also the ones doing most of the consuming..that it is "them" who are dragging us all down (whoever "them" is in your book). Those who wish for the cull never figure that they will be part of it and are always suprised when they find that, yes they are to be culled as well. Be careful what you ask for, you just may get it.
All that have grown up with the comforts that technology (easy access to water, food, ready-made this and that, etc.) provides are going to be in serious trouble if it ever stops working for any great length of time.
It will be the poor folk in the World who have been farming and living without the benefit of technology all the while that will survive because life has always been tough.
The Cull begins.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

Have you ever looked down on the land from the airplane? I enjoy doing that every time I fly and I always wondered why the land is almost empty while people are crying out overpopulation.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Benchkey

Well said. If you look closer at each individual issue, you will see the underlying problem. Like Being lost at sea without a drop of water to drink...

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by cloaked4u

That's pretty much the way I feel.

When I was growing up I was lucky to see and be around lots of wildlife, they're almost all gone now, foxes badgers, otters. Sure they are still here but a lot less and usually the only ones I see now are dead on the side of the road. Conversely, a lot of animals once native to my country can now be found in the cities, living a safer, by some degree, existence. I live by the sea, I remember the beaches here when I was a kid, golden, clean, now they are filthy. An old girlfriend of mine is an archeologist, she always says that when you find signs of human habitation at a dig its usually the rubbish dump you find first or at least that's the most remarkable thing at any given site. Humans are, at least in relatively recent times, very wasteful creatures. We don't need more people.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
So there are not too many humans as long as you can't see them crawling like ants over every area of exposed land? You sound like you'd be happy working in an anthill, then you could perform only one task all day long and if you died doing it, hey its okay because the other billions of ants will continue expanding your empire.

Originally posted by notsoperfect
reply to post by spikey

Have you ever looked down on the land from the airplane? I enjoy doing that every time I fly and I always wondered why the land is almost empty while people are crying out overpopulation.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by notsoperfect

Obviously the problem is not in the lack of the land space. The problem is more in the portable energy source.

Let's assume that we have developed a device that can generate 300 kW of electric power from air using some kind of simple revolutionary electronic device. This power source can be used in many ways. For an example, it can be used to make water out of the air using the condensation mechanism. This water can be used for bath, cooking, drinking and probably for gardening also. Heating and air conditioning can be done easily with this energy machine. People may complain that they do not have much chance to spend time together in this kind of world. People will enjoy their life in full capacity.

How many people can live in this planet with this technology? 10 to 100 times more than the current population easily !!! Yet they are living so far apart from each other that they will hardly feel that there are so much population.

Well, then does this technology exist now? Yes it does. Wake up...

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
100 flags really? REALLY???

I think these limitless population proponents have the following mental crazyiness:

1. More people = more possible chances you might actually find a girlfriend.

2. More people = more chances to exploit, con, and abuse the limitless masses.

3. More people means you might actually find a IRL friend since obviously with only 7 billion is not enough for you to find one, until then you spend countless hours flagging threads that more than likely, and ironically signal your destruction.

Really, this is one of the most disgusting threads I have ever read on ATS.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

I do not believe that there are any plans to kill anyone simply due to the reason given.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
It is a fact that the more people the more pollution. We are like a ravaging disease, a cancer on the planet. There is nothing wrong with having one child per family. Mother earth needs to heal and so do the other animals on this planet. I am sick and tired of the polluters. Example BP. and others, even accidents like fukeshima. We need a system or technology that is GREEN and does not pollute. We need a smaller population so mother earth and creatures can heal. There is nothing wrong with what i said, and it is not genocide. Having one child per family will lower the population several generations down the line. We need this like yesterday. Do you really want your children to live in a polluted sesspool of sewage or garbage of only GOD himself knows what it is. Come on, BE RESPONSIBLE and your future children will thank you.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I am some what passionate about this issue. I believe God created us to multiply with enough resources for us all to live comfortably with lots of room to move but greed, mismanagement and abuse spoil it for a lot of us. At the end of the day man will almost destroy himself completely but God will step in to wrap things up then there will be a new heaven and a new earth and population will remain static because sex will be a thing of the past and we will spend eternity exploring the universe. In a chat room once I met a guy who was adamant that the world was overpopulated and some of us had to go. He cussed up a storm when I suggested that he should volunteer himself and find the nearest cliff and throw himself off. Thinking about it now I reckon he would love to be one of the elite and increase his wealth and comfort while pushing the useless eaters over the cliff.

Like one of the previous posters said people who rave about overpopulation will realize that they are included in the cull and will not be happy campers. Remember the Georgia Guidstones' ideal world population of no more than 500 million.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Hey great, let's just trash the hell out of the Earth, cut down all the forests and shoot all the furry critters! God is going to come soon and replace it all with fresh, new stuff for us to destroy like a child stepping on a lego town.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
It wouldn't be long before some idiot comes to power and propose solutions only Hitler and Stalin would agree on MASS MURDER

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
kill off all the ruling class of the world and you restart the world and economics. its by their will alone that the prices of everything are becoming out of reach, if the governments greed for our money was smothered we would all live normal healthy, relatively cheap lives. politics do nothing but enslave, kill the political system and govern yourself and life will take on a whole new meaning

no governments means peace

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Well the point is that economic systems are really not systems of trade (in my eyes), at least not in practise. What it really is (to me) is a system to get us (the people at large) to do work for them (those that run this system, or attempt to run this system, or that are "ahead in the game"... so to speak). When we (the people at large) start to cost more (in terms of resources), than we benefit them. They will no longer see the need to use their (the "elites') influense to benefit us.

Albeit it is not there responsibility to benefit us. We are perfectly capable of helping ourselves. All it would take is a little self motivation, and cooperation. And make sure that those of you effectual people are not picked up by "them". The problem is that most people only do anything when they can see imediate, materialistic incentive. They operate essentially as a dog does. Perform action A, on command B, because they give me a cookie. Go to work, put in my hours, because then they give me a house car tv etc...

People like this are very difficult to make usefull for the collective good, (and ultimately even their own good). However, they are very easy to make usefull by people who want to use them for their own gain. This, with few exception, is the history of civilization on earth. Basically a few people devise a system whereby they can employ large groups of people to their own ends. This is accomplished by taking advantage of the very traits we talked about most people having, as well as their instinctual urge to comply with societal norms, and their religious sensibilites.

The fact is that people could have all these things (house, tv, car, etc...) without being a pawn in anothers game, or making others their pawn, by actively pursuing what it is they want to create, and collaberating with others who share your vision. This however takes the ability to motivate yourself by internal means... a rare ability indeed. Religion can be an excellent tool for achieving this, it has been taken advantage, and perveted to ease in taking advantage of it. Other spiritual practices such as meditation and contemplation are also helpfull. As are ritual activities such as those practised in free masonry (though I think many who go through such things come to see the expediency of making others their pawns) college fraternities, even wiccan and thelemic orders.

I think a reasonble goal for this day and age is to inspire others. It's the only hope I can see that we can have a different future than the one invisioned by "elitist" thinkers. I'd like to thank the op for authoring this thread which seems to have stimulated my thinking. I only hope that what I wrote may be of some use to some here.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
nice picture

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

Yes it could support our population double, but how long? A few decades not even.

We are facing over population, we regulate the numbers of other species, as we must do our own. The more people, the less jobs. More dependent on welfare, economy slowly dies etc. Do I really need to explain this?
Its beter this way.

But w.e my opinion doesn't mean s**t, just because i don't know "THE TRUTH" as many put it, when someone else states their opinion.

So be it.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by cloaked4u

I don't think that wanton destruction of nature is anything new. You can even find accounts of it in the bible. Regardless of your belief in that book it at least proves that the idea existed then(old testament), which indicates to me that it was going on. It doesn't really matter how few of people there are, they are still going to be groups of them congregating into large cities and that is inevitably going to have an effect on the surrounding area. However it is massive industry that is causing much of the damage we see today. And it is people who run and own these same industries that are talking about the dangers of overpopulation (largely).

However I do believe that we have come to a point where it is probably a good idea to limit our numbers, in otherwords not to over copulate.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join