It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Overpopulation? Elitest Propaganda and Damned Lies Lies Lies!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+124 more 
posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Overpopulation...really?

Elitist propaganda. That's all it is. There are enough resources on this world to support double our current population and comfortably too.

What are we talking about when we say 'limited resources'..or too many people, too few resources?

*WHAT* resources exactly do we mean...which limited resources are there, which we absolutely need for human survival?

Water? Air? Food? Land? Energy?

The observant among you will see that these requirements, form an anagram of 'WAFLE'...which is exactly what this ultimately is..*a load of wafle'..or elitist hot air. Why?

Let's take the most important requirement there is first..Air..without it, we all know we're toast in minutes...but there is plenty of breathable air and we can produce more if we ever needed to, so that's one required resource there's plenty of...no limited resource issue there.

The next important one..water..again, without it, we all know we've had it in just a few days..74% of our world is covered with water..it's everywhere, it's in the seas, it's in the lakes, it's in the rivers and the streams, it's in ponds, in plants and animals, it's in the very air we breathe. So that's taken care of..plenty of water, no issue with too little water.

Solar desalination will provide drinking and irrigation water, Solar water condensers will generate water from the air for land locked countries, and irrigation pipelines can be built.

Do we use water up? Do we drink it, pour it over our plants and crops and then it's gone, used up and finished with right? Wrong.

What happens to the water we use? It's *constantly recycled* of course! We all remember our geography lessons about the water cycle don't we?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a4abcd023133.jpg[/atsimg]

We sweat, we urinate, we defecate, we vomit, we cry, we bleed, we procreate, we decompose...which all release our 'used up' water back into the biosphere, as liquid and vapour.

Apart from small amounts of additional water brought in by small icy cometary debris hitting our atmosphere yearly, and various chemical reactions that create water, the vast majority of the water on our planet, in the seas, in the lakes, in all of us, is the same water that has been cycling around our biosphere for millions of years. *You cannot* 'waste water', it is recycled continually.

Next requirement on the list would logically be food. Because food is tied in to all of the other requirements, i'll list them as one general requirement..For food we obviously need somewhere to grow it, land?

How much available land is there for farming, growing our food? Plenty.
Every single human being on this planet, could theoretically fit (with room to spare) in an area the size of Texas...every one of us.

With modern and innovative farming methods, even with using tried and tested traditional farming techniques, the rest of the world is a pretty big farming area, if every person on Earth only used a total area equivalent to the size of Texas.

Using vertical farming techniques (hydroponics -growing walls), and multi-story farming, our land and water and nutrients requirements have just been slashed to 20% of traditional requirements...20%. (based on tests carried out into these techniques). The real boon though, is the sheer amount of extra food that can be grown in the same space that tradition methods use, up to 2000% more food production in the same area! (20X)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/20dfc4d3ba93.jpg[/atsimg]

Now add this astonishing resource saving, to another *very* simple, but an amazingly practical solution to land requirements for farming..build sea going farms!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1d2186c734f7.jpg[/atsimg]

I'd imagine a somewhat more densely connected and flatter design than the one pictured above would be more practical, but the concept is sound.

This is not a modern idea, the Aztec's used the same idea centuries ago, using floating 'gardens' on swamps and marshes to grow some of their crops. They called these 'gardens' Chinampas..although not technically afloat, the principle of using the space above the water is the same.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4061bfa2d4dd.jpg[/atsimg]

Vast areas of our coastal waters, landlocked lakes, reservoirs and international waters at sea (avoiding international shipping lanes), could easily be used as space to build extensive networks of floating farms...no land required for farming *at all*, everything would be grown at sea.

The land would be exclusively for flora and fauna and habitation, forests could be replanted where thousand acre farms now sit...all over the world. So, land space is another non issue.

Energy is required for food production, and our use. The sun provides enough energy to the Earth in one day, to match or exceed human energy requirements for one year.

If we could capture just 1% of the total energy, we'd have much more energy than we need. Match advances in Solar technology (nanotechnology, metamaterials, Graphene, Solar roll printing etc) with wind power (also a type of Solar energy), and we have plenty of energy...also with the very latest in energy (still controversial of course) research in areas such as cold fusion (Rossi - Italy) the energy 'problem' isn't such a problem after all.

To put these numbers into a perspective with highly practical relevance, on average, humankind is only using about 1/10,000 of that amount for its total energy consumption. In other words, sunlight seems to be a viable option for our energy needs, at least from the perspective of the total amount needed.

Link: helios.gsfc.nasa.gov...

Even using clean burn coal technology, the world has enough accessible coal to last (conservative estimates) approximately 2000 years. So, plainly our energy resources are plenty...and inexhaustible (Solar and wind).

I asked the question earlier 'What resources *exactly* are limited?'

The answer is simply the imaginary resource, the artificially created, worthless invention of *MONEY*!

THAT is the limited resource that is meant when talking about overpopulation, the cost in terms of (imaginary) money to actually build the infrastructure, the flotillas of floating sea and Solar farms, the widespread use of nanotechnology Solar, and perhaps virtually limitless cold fusion technologies down the line a little.

How does it feel for you and your children to be considered of less value than an invented monetary system that has zero intrinsic value? I know how it makes me feel.

Just how many pieces of ink printed paper are your children's lives worth? The real answer is none. There are not enough trees and ink available on the planet to make enough pieces of paper that would be equal in value to your children.

Except the elite don't see it that way.

They see a paper value for your children, and when that value is exceeded by cost in paper, that's when your children, and mine become 'expendable' for the sake of financial expedience.

So, whenever you hear the elitist, money whores bemoan the state of our 'dwindling' resources, whenever you see a corporate 'news' reader or anchor, looking serious trying to convince you that the resource situation is very grave, remember to ask yourself the simple question of 'what resources are they talking about specifically?' and remember this post.

And remember the acronym W A F L E. Water Air Food Land Energy.

If you do, you'll quickly come to see that there are in fact *no* essential resources that are in danger of running out, no shortages that are threatening our survival based on numbers of population, the only shortage that really exists is one of will and humanitarianism by the elite and power people to realise paper is just paper, and make the investments needed to properly manage and take advantage of our numerous and *plentiful* resources for the benefit of everyone and the world as a whole.

Whenever you see starving people on the TV or areas of shortage, what you are really seeing is *NOT* a shortage of anything in real terms, but the shortage of will to spend their imaginary, paper money to simply rectify the situation.

There is a huge difference in *not* having access to resources and not having any resources.

+12 more 
posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Brilliantly said. I couldn't agree with you more. When I was a teenager, I bought in to this overpopulation ideal because I did not know the facts. By trying to open my eyes, I have come to understand that

A) We should all be living like kings

B) Overpopulation = Genocide caused by the improper distribution of energy and recourses.

We've got elites buying race horses while we are still paying for electricity in 2011 - that disgusts me, and it disgusts Tesla too.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

Great thread OP. You made some good points and showed some cool content. I personally liked that farm floating in the sea. Talk about a high yield for a small area. That is certainly the wave of the future, but TPTB don't want that.

They want us to think that we are low on resources so they can play the commodity game. We are nothing but puppets on a string to them, pawns in their chess game. Oil goes up, so does the cost of everything including my veggies. Crops fail, so all food sources cost more, meanwhile anyone with half a brain can see through this charade and can tell it is obvious we are being manipulated for the increase of their wealth. From the day we are born we are fed these type of lies in the hopes that by the time we reach the age to do something about it we will already be too dumbed down to give a damn.

Star and Flag

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
very well put and understandable thx...THINKINGCAP IM GLAD YOU BROUGHT UP TESLA I THINK ITS IMPORTANT THAT EVERYONE READ HIS WORK THE MAN IS A GENIUS AND DIED PENNYLESS...

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

Thanks mate.

I have always known the whole 'population problem' was bunk.

Just glad you guys feel the same way...now if we can only get a few more billion people to see it the same way, we might actually get something done about turning things around.

Cheers for posting.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Thanks to you too mate.

As i said above, hopefully it won't take too long for humanity to realise what the real 'picture' looks like and demand change.

I like the floating food/energy farm idea too, what a great way to utilise the space the water bodies take up on our world.

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Its their monied lifestyle, whereby the elite live on the vast majority of all the money and resources. If there was none and we had a grass roots Venus type system with clean advanced technology, true cosmic level education, all knowledge shared and revealed, and volunteerism for everything, we would have no limits, everyone would be advanced (depending on whether we were allowing a pyramid system control system type venus project or truly counsels of citizens and using the most innovative ideas).

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by davesmart

Cheers dave,

Much appreciated mate.

It makes me angry when 'conventional' history fails to mention Tesla and instead talks about Marconi or some other interloper who capitalised on Tesla's work, when talking about various innovations that were purely down to Tesla.

Hopefully, it won't always remain so.

Thanks again.

+24 more 
posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Try telling all the thousands of species becoming extinct every year due to human activity that there's room a-plenty for billions more of us.

There's more to life than you. In fact, in the overall scheme of things, you're as important as a passenger pigeon. And we all know what happened to them!

But more to the point: why do you want more people? Why would you rather there were 600 million Americans? Wouldn't 200 million leave the country a nicer place for all? More space?

edit on 18-4-2011 by Essan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Its their monied lifestyle, whereby the elite live on the vast majority of all the money and resources. If there was none and we had a grass roots Venus type system with clean advanced technology, true cosmic level education, all knowledge shared and revealed, and volunteerism for everything, we would have no limits, everyone would be advanced (depending on whether we were allowing a pyramid system control system type venus project or truly counsels of citizens and using the most innovative ideas).

What a beautiful world it would be for everyone if such a system were adopted...it looks great doesn't it!

A paradise of plenty, extraordinary opportunities for human expansion and advancement into space and the lifting of our whole species to a level of living we should by rights have been at centuries ago.

Thanks Unity_99..inspirational post.

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
IMO the overpopulation story is a myth designed to form a (sick) rationale for a huge population cull. The real reason for the cull is so they end up with numbers they can FULLY CONTROL. They know they can't control current population numbers if enough of us rebel.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
Try telling all the thousands of species becoming extinct every year due to human activity that there's room a-plenty for billions more of us.

There's more to life than you. In fact, in the overall scheme of things, you're as important as a passenger pigeon. And we all know what happened to them!

But more to the point: why do you want more people? Why would you rather there were 600 million Americans? Wouldn't 200 million leave the country a nicer place for all? More space?

edit on 18-4-2011 by Essan because: (no reason given)

Yes, human greed is what is causing flora and fauna to disappear from our world. There are a small number of 'natural' extinctions, but the majority is caused by greed and drive for profits/wealth.

Vast forests eliminated to clear grazing land for animals destined to become a burger lunch, animal habitats being decimated in the process...hunger driven? No, profit driven. The people that eat the animals farmed on these once flourishing habitats are not the starving...they're the lazy, the 'too busy/overworked' to prepare a proper, healthy meal..we don't need the burgers or the land being killed to 'grow' them.

The rivers and oceans are routinely polluted by industrial activity whose owners and operators drive for more profits and less costs...when faced with a drastic profit loss situation due to expensive waste disposal costs, a cheaper, less ecological solution is the choice that has to be made..and when profit is your driving motivation...

Yes, i agree humanity is responsible for much...that is *precisely* why there is an absolute need to change and employ the measures outlined in this thread...and more besides.

As mentioned already, there is truly an astonishing amount of physical living space on this world of ours, room for people, animals, plants in abundance.

Cheers for your reply Essan, it's appreciated.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

Oh, indeed that is lies. They want us to believe this but the fact is that there is plenty on this planet for ALL of us many times over.

I like to put things in perspective. If We gave every Human on this planet 1/4 acre of land in Australia (4% of land mass EXcluding Antarctica) We would still have a chunk of Australia left over. If We took the volume of all Human Beings and put it in the Grand Canyon, We wouldn't fill one of the side canyons.

The idea that there is not enough to go around is absurd. The only resources We are (told we are) running out of are energy resources, and with plenum ("dark"/Zero Point/radiant/orgone) energy available, We aren't running out of energy resources either. But They want Us to think so. If We think that, We will accept less and less. We will look for "saviors." We will believe "something must be done." We will open to the idea of forced sterilization and other control mechanisms.

Thanks for this thread, spikey. We need to know They are lying.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen
IMO the overpopulation story is a myth designed to form a (sick) rationale for a huge population cull. The real reason for the cull is so they end up with numbers they can FULLY CONTROL. They know they can't control current population numbers if enough of us rebel.

You might be right. Control is and always has been an essential in the elites toolbox.

I feel though that the same old problem, money/wealth, and the personal accumulation of it is at the root of most of the worlds problems, although yeah, control (and fear of losing it) is an issue too.

Another reason to do away with our current corrupt and ego/profit driven systems and start again fresh and focused on everybody, not just a handful at the top.

Cheers for posting.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

hi thinkingcap when i read tesla for the umpteenth time i never fail to giggle wen tesla was asked by the media "how do u feel mr tesla on marconis radio invention" teslas reply "mmm considering hes using 25 of my patents"...sorry not word for word but u get the idea..thats pratically all internal parts lol....cheers again.. dave

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

No, thank you Amaterasu.

Very well put...we have a synchronicity of thinking going on i feel.

Nice post, thanks.

+23 more 
posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
So I have a small aquaponics setup. The fish feed the plants and the plants clean the water. A mini ecosystem. If I add too many or too little fish, the plants will die. Theoretically I can add fish until the aquarium is entirely full, but how incredibly foolish and unsustainable would that setup be?

Overpopulation is far, far, far from myth, kiddos.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
So I have a small aquaponics setup. The fish feed the plants and the plants clean the water. A mini ecosystem. If I add too many or too little fish, the plants will die. Theoretically I can add fish until the aquarium is entirely full, but how incredibly foolish and unsustainable would that setup be?

Overpopulation is far, far, far from myth, kiddos.

Ahh yes, but the Earth (fishtank) is *nowhere near* to being full of fish (people).

Also, if you invested in better filtration technologies and added innovative management methods for your fish-tank eco system, the plants wouldn't die, despite more fish.

I'm *far* from being a 'kiddie' but thanks for the compliment!

Cheers for your post.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen

I'll roll with this reasoning for a second.

So how many of "them" are there?

10,000? 100,000? 1,000,000?

Let's go with a million...

okay, so right now we're almost at 7 billion, so the ratio of "us vs them" would be roughly 7,000-1

so they kill 80% of us, and now the ratio is 1,400-1

How is that much more manageable?

Try again, please.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
reply to post by Amaterasu

No, thank you Amaterasu.

Very well put...we have a synchronicity of thinking going on i feel.

Nice post, thanks.

Thanks. I might add that since money is the issue, and since money is merely an accounting of meaningful energy expended, the addition of a (virtually) infinite source of energy (plenum energy) creates, effectively, infinite money - which has no social application.

Clearly, then, to solve virtually all of our problems on this planet (statistically speaking, all crime is related to money) we should open this technology to the public. This in turn will create changes in society such that poverty is eliminated and no one has power over others but has autonomous power over self.

We need a structure for society to arise in, and so I offer ideas to eliminate money and build a better, totally free society with no one in "power" and with leaders of the moment emerging in the case of problems needing solving. The ideas are offered in the form of two threads I have here. The End of Entropy - the foundation, read first - and The Ethical Planetarian Party Platform - the structure - both linked in my sig.

I know you have read these, spikey, but others may have missed them.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join