It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oregon teen stabs himself to death on stage during open mic night

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pastafarian
That's some hardcore GG Allin shizz right there! GG always wanted to kill himself onstage on Halloween but he died of an OD first. Not that I'd expect a bunch of people who obsess over Lady Gaga songs/lyrics to know who a true rebel like GG was....

You know ive watched a few dvds GG, i dont think i'd call him a rebel, more like a freak.

that liked to shove microphones in his butt and drink urine

back in the early 90's there was a guy in a black metal band whot killed himself in a pretty brutal way and left a note saying "excuse the blood." the band members took a picture of him and used it as a cd cover.

also im for suicide, i think you should be able to die if you wish to.
edit on 19-4-2011 by _Delysid because: added opinion

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf

Originally posted by lewman
he was just a very selfish guy imo, selfish as he did not think of the people that this action may have affected for life.

his family and the people who witnessed this event happen.

Oh please, I'm so sick of people saying suicide is selfish. Living a life and sucking it out of others is selfish.

It's NOT selfish, we all die, what rule is there that were are supposed to drag it out as long as possible in order to win the "I lived a crap life" award?

It's only selfish if someone takes something away - a child, another, etc. But as for the sole purpose of the person who's done it, to say they are selfish is ridiculous - they are the ones who had to get to that damn stage, so obviously any help was not available in sufficient amounts.... GOd I damn know that....

I love how people who have wonderful lives say it's selfish... but never bat an eye otherwise.

You're terrible ...but I agree with you on something .. yet again.

with my career Id seen many suicides and attempts.. its not selfish..he chose it for whatever reason and you cant tell me there were no indications previously. People who don't see the pain of others or refuse to act are the selfish, self centered, and self absorbed ones. IMO anyway. For whatever reason compassion is seen as weakness.. and everyone wants to pose tough these days. I see a hell of a lot of true compassion in you with some of your posts, mean ol' badw0lf. Not sugar coated platitudes.. but real compassion.

I cant stand the whole thought of suicide personally, but if an adult wishes to end their life.. it really is their choice. Id do my best to prevent it, but in the end.. people do what they wish. I can tell you this though.. a decade in an ER.. Ive NEVER had a suicide attempt say to me.." no dont save me and let me die". They fight like hell to live. They dont even beg for the pain to end when they drink draino.. they BEG you to save their lives. I swear it.. never seen one NOT fight right up to recovery or the end/death. Some keep coming in too.. suicide attempts. Its not for attention IMO...... thats thrown around as much as "its selfish" is.. something is just terribly wrong that we obviously have no clue as to how to fix it. We have to care enough to see it and do what we can for it. Family, freind, stranger, ...... possibly even enemy. We're supposed to be civilized sentient creatures after all. If we write it off as "Oh he's selfish" it kind of half-ass absolves us of our mediocre handling of the ill.

This kid is like the guy who jumped in the wood chipper head first.. he was SERIOUS. You have to be to stab your own self in the chest multiple times as much as throwing yourself in machinery. Whatever mental/emotional pain or hopelessness he was feeling must have been incredible. Stories like this make me feel uncomfortable.. they should everyone. Whats YOUR point of no return? What would it take to make YOU lose hope?? Think of the most horrible thing you can imagine happening to you or a loved one.. You never know. How many would call you selfish for being so horribly desperate to escape hopelessness and pain? Meh.. thats my .02 on it anyway.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by lewman

I greatly dislike when people say this. Every single action causes a reaction, its not like suicide is the only instance. Besides, at the end of the day the only life that matters to a single human being is their own. There is nothing wrong with being selfish.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   

edit on 19-4-2011 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by HardbeatAcolyte
reply to post by badw0lf

No one said suicide in itself is selfish. However, I agree that making such a public spectacle of it, which is bound to scar others, is indeed a particularly selfish means of suicide.

That I do agree with - if someone is using suicide as an attention seeking event, that is indeed selfish as the intention is to suck others into their desperation and not based on the individual state of mind that it has come to that.

Sadly, no one gets to explain how they truly felt about things, after they've gone, so a lot of attention seekers do pass on..

Suicide will never have an explanation. Beautiful and gifted people will take their own lives, and appear selfish, but no one EVER can be in their mind at that point. That's the tragedy..

EDIT: I think I should also make it clear that I'm just defending lewman's comment which I think was perfectly valid, not looking down at the teenager - I think it would be disrespectful to speak ill of the dead so soon. He clearly had issues that sadly hadn't been resolved, and it's definitely a tragic event for all concerned

edit on 18/4/11 by HardbeatAcolyte because: elaboration

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage

Originally posted by badw0lf

Originally posted by lewman
he was just a very selfish guy imo, selfish as he did not think of the people that this action may have affected for life.

his family and the people who witnessed this event happen.

Oh please, I'm so sick of people saying suicide is selfish. Living a life and sucking it out of others is selfish.

It's NOT selfish, we all die, what rule is there that were are supposed to drag it out as long as possible in order to win the "I lived a crap life" award?

It's only selfish if someone takes something away - a child, another, etc. But as for the sole purpose of the person who's done it, to say they are selfish is ridiculous - they are the ones who had to get to that damn stage, so obviously any help was not available in sufficient amounts.... GOd I damn know that....

I love how people who have wonderful lives say it's selfish... but never bat an eye otherwise.

You're terrible ...but I agree with you on something .. yet again.

Bloody hell, you're a first
Star for being somewhat crazy, I guess

with my career Id seen many suicides and attempts.. its not selfish..he chose it for whatever reason and you cant tell me there were no indications previously. People who don't see the pain of others or refuse to act are the selfish, self centered, and self absorbed ones. IMO anyway. For whatever reason compassion is seen as weakness.. and everyone wants to pose tough these days. I see a hell of a lot of true compassion in you with some of your posts, mean ol' badw0lf. Not sugar coated platitudes.. but real compassion.

Half of me is compassion, the other frustration. Somewhere in the middle, the mods leave me alone

You even spelled my name properly, wait, is this some sort of entrapment !!! oO

I cant stand the whole thought of suicide personally, but if an adult wishes to end their life.. it really is their choice. Id do my best to prevent it, but in the end.. people do what they wish. I can tell you this though.. a decade in an ER.. Ive NEVER had a suicide attempt say to me.." no dont save me and let me die". They fight like hell to live. They dont even beg for the pain to end when they drink draino.. they BEG you to save their lives. I swear it.. never seen one NOT fight right up to recovery or the end/death. Some keep coming in too.. suicide attempts. Its not for attention IMO...... thats thrown around as much as "its selfish" is..

Whew, I'm glad my last post recognized that, I agree with that entirely.

I know people who have attempted suicide who did not want to die, but were just using it to get sympathy, but then you have really genuine people who come back - it's not something that is brought up in general conversation.

I know death intimately, I know how it affects loved ones. it's a pain that transcends common living - it permeates your entire being when you are forced to deal with it.

something is just terribly wrong that we obviously have no clue as to how to fix it. We have to care enough to see it and do what we can for it. Family, freind, stranger, ...... possibly even enemy. We're supposed to be civilized sentient creatures after all. If we write it off as "Oh he's selfish" it kind of half-ass absolves us of our mediocre handling of the ill.

This kid is like the guy who jumped in the wood chipper head first.. he was SERIOUS. You have to be to stab your own self in the chest multiple times as much as throwing yourself in machinery. Whatever mental/emotional pain or hopelessness he was feeling must have been incredible. Stories like this make me feel uncomfortable.. they should everyone. Whats YOUR point of no return? What would it take to make YOU lose hope?? Think of the most horrible thing you can imagine happening to you or a loved one.. You never know. How many would call you selfish for being so horribly desperate to escape hopelessness and pain? Meh.. thats my .02 on it anyway.

The point of no return can be so varied from person to person based on their personal life.

For me, it's absolute loneliness. I'm 1 person away from that.

But I think I'll just go off the grid then, rather than stink up the house...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join