It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lady Gaga's new song "Judas" is about her love for Judas. Yes, the Judas who betrayed Jesus

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

Whats more shocking to me is just how bad those lyrics are.

Did she write that junk herself or did someone help!

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

She's not bright enough to be part of some Illuminati plot to subvert the young!

She is the 'subverted' young. Quite obviously MK'd.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
i cant believe this is getting that much attention,its going to be up there with the bone pertrusions she has coming out of her face(cosmetic) when inspired,i must admit its pretty entertaining to read peoples opinions,i seriously dont think if you raise your own kids right there is much to worry about,her clips are just a bunch of mainstream crap that youll see on most video clips if anallized

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Are you kids being serious?

Come on now, everyone knows Marilyn Manson is the REAL anti-christ.

Lady Gaga's just a wannabe.

edit on 19-4-2011 by Time2Think because: added youtube video.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by marriah3330

Judas did not betray christ
(thats spin)
he did his job, he followed the command that christ gave him, and if it wasn't for that set of events, there would be no religion.

The most bold statement that you can make about the chap is that he was simply a tool used by god to get the crusifiction moving..a tool manipulated that would seem evil, but produced good.

Maybe thats what gaga is hinting to btw...she appears ugly and evil to many, because they do not understand her role, so they toss stones and call her a demon when in fact she is a tool of god.

just as plausable, if not moreso (if you care to learn about who judah was verses modern day teachings).

So, is Gaga referencing judas in the modern day terms of black hat bad guy, or the actual judas, the unfortunate tool of god that has to deal with the slings and arrows of judgement for all time?

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
The Christian Church and the legion of followers who blindly submitted to the authority of the church have been betraying Jesus for 2000 years.

Jesus loved Judas. Ever Christian should. Others in this thread who have actually read have already pointed out why.

But they should also love Buddha and Lao Tzu and... Lady Gaga.

Betrayal... pshhh. Like a dude who could (according to the stories) predict the future, raise people from the dead, rise from the dead himself, had a direct line to God... could be caught by surprise. For thinking their God is an awesome God... most Christians sure are eager to make him out to be a bit of a doofus and rather little when it matters most.

Bears repeating: The Truth shall set you Free!

Namaste!

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
[watching Lady Gaga leave]
There she goes. One of God's own
prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some
kind never even considered for mass
production. Too weird to live, and too rare to
die.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ErgoTheConfusion
could be caught by surprise.

The bible is quite clear about this
Jesus knew months in advance about this event...its the reason he went to Jerusalem actually, the whole purpose.
He then instructed judas to fulfill, no wavering.

Now, an extra 10 points to anyone whom does point out the one that betrayed christ.

hint...judas never denied christ
someone else did 3 times
the betrayal is not in doing jesus's bidding...its denying him...-that- is the betrayer

oh, and guess who's words your listening to since then

Time to crack open the bibles, aye christians...and read past the betrayers spin on things.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
....shes just using the ol "shock" factor to make money......not uncommon really

remember these guys?....

judaspriest.com...

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
The only thing that I can recall from this, is that too many people in ATS have too much free time in their hands, and too much stupidity inside their minds.

Lady Gaga calls her fans "little monsters" because she says that we live in a world where people who are fat or ugly are dismissed as being less of a person, even by those who claim to "defend" them. She calls them that under the motto of that if they call themselfs monsters, nobody will put them down.

Even last night there was a thread in ATS saying "Lady Gaga grows horns" just because she has facial implants.

People feel so smart and eloquent when trashing her, without noticing that you're giving her all the argument reasons every single time you open your mouths.

I once saw a interview she gave to 60 minutes, and she said "I do this, because I want people to talk about my style, my songs and my work. Not my personal and intimate life".

And look... Every single moron is talking about her growing horns, what she dresses and what she sings, or even what she calls her fans.

The stupidity in all this is beyond belief, and few are the people who even realize it.

I'm not a fan of her, it's not my kind of music. But in all honesty, you have to admire a person that arrived from nowhere, and makes everyone look like a moron for doing exactly what she wants you to do...

Touché.
edit on 19/4/11 by Tifozi because: typo

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

The answer is Peter.

Peter denies Jesus three times.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I rather liked the song.
And no, I dont need a second line.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vanishr
reply to post by Somehumanbeing

I think were way past the point of this being 'my conspiracy theory' If you cant see the mainstream artists who've sold there 'souls to the devil' then it is not me calling you naive, you are naive. Here are just some that i know of, do your own research on them if you dont believe me.

Lady Gaga
Justin Beiber
Jay-Z
Rihanna
Beyonce
Wiz Khalifa
Lil Wayne
Drake
Kanye West

Yes the world is ruled by 'baddies' kids, wake up now and get used to it, learn to love your fellow man and not to sell them out for some paper.

That's a weird list, not that I think any of them are 'bad' as such, but Justin Bieber? What's he done to annoy you? Really weird, but then every generation kind of sees the cultural compass of the next one as against their own - I can remember as a young Goth in the early 80's when no one would sit on the bus next to me and guys would always feel they needed to pick a fight with me because of how I looked, but was it so different to the previous generation, or the generation before that etc.?

Only real thing is, each generation (and a generation is a very small time from a cultural perspective) needs new ways to grab the headlines. Thinking into this any more deeply given your list of (cough) baddies kids, is just believing the hype. Sorry.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

Is this really surprising? Seriously? Keep in mind that understanding what Judas is.. or even what he represents, does not make you evil. She is showing an understanding that a lot of people can come to on their own.

Now loving Judas because he might be considered responsible for killing Jesus the man might be considered evil..

The reality is Jesus loved Judas. People in this time can relate to Judas. They feel that contradiction in themselves. The love of truth and their own betrayal of that truth that they want to believe themselves to be. Most people have a Judas heart.

Lady Gaga has a Judas heart. So she expresses it. And Now her expression is getting to the root of the matter. The ultimate subject matter. Self exploration and identification usually ends with Jesus from the Western mindset. I haven't read all Lady Gaga's lyrics.. But when someone is able to exalt Judas but not Jesus that is saying something about who they feel they are. She is a Judas.

Anyone want to bet that in the next year Lady Gaga finds religion and renounces her (what she will end up considering) satanic ways?

The other potential is that her expression becomes much more blatantly evil.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Tifozi

Artists are rarely appreciated by the older minds during their times.
Historically, most typical minds over the age of say, 30, will always frown and shake their fist at any new and emerging artist that dares challenge the system.

They will call it corruption, they will speak of how the children will suffer, they will dismiss it as being art to begin with, then they will speak loudly about how they should be ignored.

to me, that speaks even louder about the merits of the person in question and their art.

Is lady gaga an artist? most certainly in every sense of the word, I would (this should annoy some) put her right up there in regards to artform with jim morrison, bob dylan, and the like..

incidently, I am not a fan of her. her tunes are catchy, but its not really my chosen preference of music..still, she is pretty good overall. I also am not a fan of Dylan, but am for morrison..so, this is a perspective of what is art verses what is trash. most singers that the necks call art (taylor swift and such) will not be known in 20 years, much less 100. their art is just a blip of common person's daily life with no vision or purpose except to get some money talking about boys or whatnot.

Alot of envy towards artforms that challenge the norm..but, that is arguably the purpose of art to begin with.

Same as its always been..the commoners kill the artist, then mourn the passing.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by something wicked
but Justin Bieber? What's he done to annoy you?

He is the anti-christ

have you seen his hair?

its not natural...just not natural!

demons live under there!

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vanishr
reply to post by Somehumanbeing

I think were way past the point of this being 'my conspiracy theory' If you cant see the mainstream artists who've sold there 'souls to the devil' then it is not me calling you naive, you are naive. Here are just some that i know of, do your own research on them if you dont believe me.

Lady Gaga
Justin Beiber
Jay-Z
Rihanna
Beyonce
Wiz Khalifa
Lil Wayne
Drake
Kanye West

Yes the world is ruled by 'baddies' kids, wake up now and get used to it, learn to love your fellow man and not to sell them out for some paper.

JUSTIN BIEBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO lols
they got a hole of the BIEBS TOO! no :'( ahaha

BTW I tried looking that up with no luck.
Sarah
edit on 19-4-2011 by Sarahraeann because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Time2Think

The answer is Peter.

Peter denies Jesus three times.

cookie for you.
Now, ask any christian what is the worst thing you can do (besides blaspheme the holy spirit..whatever that is) and they will say to know and deny christ

(Stealth Add: Matthew 16:23
Jesus turned and said to Peter, "Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the things of God, but the things of men."

Judas never denied...Peter did.
Peter was the betrayer

however, all of this matters not, because all are forgiven, from judas (he arguably didn't need forgivness) to peter, to the romans, etc

"Forgive them, for they know not what they do"

Yep, all are happy in heaven now...so, us earthlings contemplating on who is evil of the group, who is in hell, etc...well, that is simply going against jesus's salvation

it is denying christ again, but on a wide scale

Who are you (not you, general statement) to overrule christs salvation? Are you a god?

(ghostbusters just came to mind).

Anyhow, anyone whom suggests judas is somehow evil, or a betrayer, clearly knows more than christ and higher on the holy scale considering they refute christs words.

I often wonder if the wolves get warm wearing all that wool.

You want to see the true demons of society...look at the so called christians posing as christs superior and laying judgement on mankind

Now, do I believe peter was an actual betrayer, or satan? no. but the point is, all things you are taught may not be as they seem. a case can be made that judas is a betrayer, however, there is much stronger evidence, on how its written and the whole context, that peter may be the one pitching for the wrong team.

But to label any of the group, or anyone for that matter, as evil...is going against the salvation of christ to begin with...

(btw, agnostic atheist, however I love a good theological discussion.)
edit on 19-4-2011 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Agreed!

I think guitarists, since they don't speak often, are usually the best example of how art can be subjective, and how it depends not only of the artists himself, but also from his audience.

For instance, my favorite guitarist of all time is Slash, from Guns'N'Roses. Most people would argue that he is in fact the best, talking about his technique, or that others before did other amazing stuff, or that others after him surpassed him.

But in my case, and in his case, he just plays in a away that amazes me and touches my inner feelings.

And that's is what art is supposed to be. And just because people can't figure out what to make of the message that is being put forward (because of the difficulty to accept the style in which its delivered), they demonize a lot of artists, or simply trash them.

The matter of fact is that those people inspire others, and I would give a lot more merit to Lady Gaga, for her shock-factor and to force people to think about life and them-selfs, than I would give to a lot of others who pretend to be humanitarian or by pretending they simply give a crap, and then blast of to their huge houses or private jets.

People tend to judge artists on their scale of "how much they help". Well, the second I see Lady Gaga talking to her fans in a very tender tone and calling them "my little monsters", she has my respect. Someone that gets that high and still stops in the street to give a fan a better day by saying "hello", deserves more credit than many others who go around Africa touring and making millions from "aid" concerts.
edit on 19/4/11 by Tifozi because: typo

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
She isnt even original , using biblical metaphors , its sooooooo played out like zodiac signs on sweatshirts
or "what you talkin bout willis".
Two quote some decent artists there

Seriously people will get bored of her once she changes up her style to fit in , as she has probably been doing as a girl all of her life , also someone else who is more shiny and super awesome will come along and be her replacement

Its the world of pop music , it changes faces more than mother of octuplets changes nappies !
linking any conspiracy theory to music is throwing it out there since music is pretty much
open to interpretation and subjective to each and every one of us.

you wanna talk conspiracy about music , gimme something decent like the John lennon assassination.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join