It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lady Gaga's new song "Judas" is about her love for Judas. Yes, the Judas who betrayed Jesus

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
well,by the story, Judas loved Jesus,Jesus loved Judas,but Jesus had to die on the cross to be resurrected,so in a way Jesus used Judas, so he could have the resurrection,really a beautiful love story.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
SHE IS THE DEVIL:::THEEEE DEEEVIIIÄÄÄÄÄL......burn her..bUUUURN her.

oh sorry the tv was loud ....what did i want to say..ah jeay:: stop whining uhhhh love judas

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Sorry If this has been said, I think the most shocking/important fact is people listening to her think she is a musician..

(No offense to any other solo projects out there, but usually the case is someone else writes the lyrics and they are the face and mouth for the song, learn an instrument for crying out loud..)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
And on a more serious/biblical note.. (this is assuming you take the Bible as fact, if not.. please read my previous post for what hopefully gives you a chuckle from a struggling musician)

Jesus had to die for the resurrection, which is a major part of Christianity.. if he did not die, he would not have defeated the devil and hell and all that good stuff. Which ask any Christian, they.. well I think most would tell you thats what makes our religion differnt, our God has risen.. Buddha, Mohamed.. they are still dead but Jesus died and rose again. At least, thats what I have allways heard is a major "selling point" if I can use that term with out anyone taking it out of context

Sooooo, it stands to reason whether or not Judas was a traitor and should be loved or hated.. it had to happen, yeah.. Judas was a douche.. but if he didn't do it someone else would have.. it had to happen. Pilate could have saved him.. he didn't. People hate on him. "The Jews" killed Jesus.. people hate on them to for that.. God knew it was going to happen.. it was planned. I dont get how people can take the Bible and miss that Jesus' plan was to come and die for sins, not set up a comfy kingdom on earth..well in the long run it was, but I digress.. Yes, "The Jews"... Pilate, Judas.. Killed Jesus... But his purpose was to die.. he died for everyones sins.. so really you...I..us.. We killed him too

*maybe I rabbit trailed a bit much, but basically.. Its just a song

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by deanyo
Sorry If this has been said, I think the most shocking/important fact is people listening to her think she is a musician..

(No offense to any other solo projects out there, but usually the case is someone else writes the lyrics and they are the face and mouth for the song, learn an instrument for crying out loud..)

to be fair, she's a piano player and writes her own stuff. trust me, i think she has become a joke, but she does know how to play piano. that being said, it is definitely disturbing to me that some people think what she is doing is high art and great pop. it's neither imho, and it's even worse when she talks about her music/pov - she's a flake.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by oleus

Oh ok, sorry.. honestly don't know much about her other then what makes the news.. heard a few of her more popular songs.. not a fan
So I stand corrected, thanks

I usally try and stay out of stuff I don't know alot about and just lurk.. I hate the conflict on here sometimes.. its insane, so I sincerly thank you for sharing insight and a counter point with out tearing me a new one or freaking out

PS. I agree with the latter part as well haha
edit on 4/19/2011 by deanyo because: Post Script

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I find this hilarious. Metal bands do this kind of thing all the time, does that make them part of the illuminati? No.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I doubt it means anything. She is known for doing wacky things, therefore people expect it of her and she delivers.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by deanyo

no problem deanyo!

also if anyone is curious about people not named Madonna who she's ripping off, she takes imagery from Matthew Barney's "cremaster cycle" experimental films and tries to make them seem original....

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Why do we bother with such crap? Why is it of interest to us, what a industrial made show puppet does or does not do? She probably sings about her love to Judas, yes that Judas, to draw your attention to make you buy her crap or at least to talk about her and keep her famous. Oh, but maybe its a secret hidden message? No it aint, its just obvious crap!. GROW UP!
edit on 19-4-2011 by CarlitosAmsel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by CarlitosAmsel

youre missing the whole point of everyones argument tho, what theyre trying to point out is the people who are using her are trying to push a speciffic message. that message is to hate god and to accept satan as your lord.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
What I don't understand about "ALL" this stuff that's going on with the Illuminati or whatever is, why would they even "TRY" hide these things in the mainstream? what is the purpose. I do believe that TPB are in the back ground doing whatever they are doing but I don't understand why they would even hint about it... IMO Jesus wasn't who everything things he is and you have to realise a lot of betrayals went on back in those days because most of them had fear for their own lives.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by tncryptogal
After listening and reading the lyrics, I don't think she is talking of the literal Judas. She's talking about choosing the bad boy over the good boy.

Anyone with any clue about the use of metaphor can see that you're completely hitting the nail on the head here. It's pretty obvious to me that this is what she's talking about, people are taking this far too literally.
She's drawn back to the one who constantly betrays her, who will be the death of her emotionally, but cannot control her feelings.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I only wish bill hicks was alive today to see this , because Im pretty sure Id be laughing my ass of at some of his lady gaga jokes right now !

I feel sad for those of you who took the time to analyse her lyrics , thats 2 minutes of your life your not getting back which has been wasted on lady gaga!

saying that you all probably spent 5 minutes online finding evidence to prove she was a dude as well!
am I right ?

edit on 19-4-2011 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

just a thought but if judas hadnt have sold out jesus,who wouldve died for the sins of humanity,just a thought as im not religious but know the story... nor a lady gaga fan

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze

Originally posted by ossminid
Wow, a religious person made a meaningless observation about a stupid song by some wacky artist. Heavens tibetsy, not THE Judas?! lol. I think you just saved the world OP......not

LOL dude Im an atheist. Just felt the need to make a thread about this

you might be all the wiser to know that Jesus actually secretly asked Judas to turn him in .. because he knew his martyrdom for the sins of the world ... was the Lord's wish... and that sure as hell wasn't happening without him being under the Roman's custody...

just a lil tid-bit of info for ya...

might take this a little different rout...

also.. for a dude who's got a pretty demonic sith avatar I don't see why you really give a damn about what some media whore spits out of her mouth...

-

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Looks like the industry is using her to brainwash all the weak minded fans she has

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by deanyo

Gaga does write her lyrics..she also knows how to play many instruments.
I'm not defending the song or her..just telling you the facts.

PPL, make sure you actually know something about the topic before replying..

In this case, make sure you know a tiny bit about Gaga and her creative process before saying she's just a puppet that does nothing but sing what's put infront of her.

I tried writing this so it wouldnt seem like i was trying to belittle you or staty something...just tryna make a point.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alda1981
If you were actually religious you would know that judas did NOT betray Jesus. He was actually the ONE student that loved him most. He was the smartest of all and he was actually pushed to do this. The old scripts proved it. Not to mention you spent a lot of time trying to give importance to a failed "singer".

I disagree.

Judas betrayed Jesus for 30 pieces of silver.
It's where the term "selling your soul" to the devil comes from, or "selling out".

He was or would have been the 13th deciple, if you count the 12 others of which he was not part of.

edit on 19-4-2011 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by violet

Judas betrayed Jesus for 30 pieces of silver.
It's where the term "selling your soul" to the devil comes from, or "selling out".

no it's not.

Judas was told to turn Christ in... by Jesus himself....

...those with eyes will see...

-

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join