It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lady Gaga's new song "Judas" is about her love for Judas. Yes, the Judas who betrayed Jesus

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
Judas was the key to Jesus's ressurection. Without a betrayer, Jesus would have never had that book written about him. Jesus put Judas up to the deed. Just like negative publicity makes Gaga famous.

The strongest evidence of who the betrayer was is not judas, but rather peter.
read some earlier posts (last page maybe) for detail if your curious enough.

Peter:
Jesus called him satan
He denied christ 3 times
his symbol (the upside down cross) is seen now as satanic.

just some interesting trivia.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by dethduck

Much laughter and curses to you at the same time! I just tried to smash what I thought was a bug on my iPad screen thanks to your signature...ahahahaha

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Does anybody have any of those fancy programs that can play songs backwards?

I wonder what this song played backwards says.

Just for kicks!

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by RadioKnecht

You can do it with the free audio editing software Audacity

Not that I think there's much truth in the backmasking urban legend

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Immortality that old dream elusive to so many. I quite agree with your comments. I too want immortality ?and if I only dwell in the form of memories does something of the 'me continue to be. I still recollect Hunter S. Thompson and all that he had acheived. Another rotten soul in a heaven of dirty swines. Just one toke over the line sweet jesus.

My point is that I want to be remembered like all other humans who are remembered throughout the entire great annuals of recorded history. ?Who am I MOLLY.
Death in life, Resurrection in memory.
Jesus was his own Judas..and lucifer also.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I think the record companies have come to the (wrong) conclusion that the purpose of rock music is to irritate the older generations as was believed by my parents when I was growing up in the '50s and '60s.

As time goes on, and generations change, it's getting harder and harder to irritate the older folks. Hence music like rap and this song by Lady GaGa (latest pop-slut-type).

Hate, murder and mayhem expressed in lyrics are even getting old and blase. Blasphemy is just the latest plot to cause a little outrage and publicity. Remember the old Hollywood maxims? "There's no such thing as bad publicity" and "Nobody has ever lost money underestimating the taste of the American public".

edit on 19-4-2011 by Grimalkin because: still not awake

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by CodyOutlaw

I can't believe I just read a post in this thread that said that Lady Gaga is the anti-Christ.
And they were serious, too!

Can someone point out to me which scriptural requirements she meets, to be within the parameters of the anti-Christ?

I didn't think so.

I had not given that idea any thought until I read your above post. Off the top of my head I can say that she is at least a good metaphor for the anti-Christ. But not in the typical way of seeing the anti-Christ. If we take into account the fact that God chose to divide the human conscious experience into the duality of male/female then it opens the possibility of a female counterpart to Christ. This counterpart would be both His greatest nemesis and His greatest love. She would test Him to a degree that would otherwise be unobtainable. The metaphor of a harlot is used many times throughout the Bible. As unfaithfulness is one of Love's greatest threats it seems sensible to me that Christ would be attracted to whores. If there were the potential for Her to do anything that would threaten His love for Her then He would find it out and plumb it's depths rather than be intimidated by it. If his love and faithfulness are truly unconditional then He would bear whatever her freedom afforded her. He would make sure it was developed to it's greatest potential within a given set of parameters so that no further threat remained.

Having said all of that I am not implying that Lady Gaga is a literal whore. She is certainly effectively riding the beast system and accomplishing Her objectives. She is helping to ripen the earth's harvest. The "Whore" serves two main purposes the first is to create the opportunity to be "used" by the whore-mongers. The second is to create the opportunity to call out true unconditional love. The "Beast" is the worldly system that she rides as she searches for strength and weakness. She as well as her contemporaries/predecessors have done excellent jobs of creating desire and developing them into the fiery crescendo that will culminate in the revealing of this ancient foreplay.

edit on 19-4-2011 by HarryJoy because: Manners

edit on 19-4-2011 by HarryJoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorKarma
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

Why do we give air and attention to this incubus?

Actually, she would be a succubus. Despite all the rumors to the contrary she is female. She was pretty before Hollywood got hold of her image. It's terrible what the entertainment industry does to stars.

Gaga before fame

We like to think we are civilized and don't enjoy watching people suffer, but we do. It just happens on tv, radio, magazines and video now. Our hands stay clean. Unfortunately, our minds do not.

My concern is once the shock effect of blasphemy wears off, what the heck are the entertainment people going to do next? Bloodsports on stage? What is the logical next step? (Could be it's own thread "How far will Hollywood Go?" fee free to start it if you want.)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

So wouldn't that make you an attention seeking whore too?

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
How many people criticizing Lady Gaga for her views have read the Gospel of Judas?

Seems like you should get all sides of the story before crucifying somebody.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Shes a gnostic.

Look at her name. Lady - a mature, developed woman, and Gaga - an ignorant baby. Hence also the rumors of her being a hermaphrodite. A man and a woman - a duality.

Gnostics always emphasize the paradoxical unity between things which contradict and oppose one another. Good vs. Evil, Youth vs. Maturity, Male vs. Female, all these things refer to the same concept.

look at the verse later in the song

"Jesus is my virtue"
"but Judas is the demon that i cling to"

Jesus represents the quality of Good. And she calls him a "virtue" something one has to actively, consciously do. It is Virtuous, because it takes proper thinking to accomplish. On the other hand, Judas represents that quality which betrays the soul. It "clings" to the physical, carnal, and evil. It clings the our way our animalistic drives cling to us, and hold us under its grip..

All or most of her songs contain elements of ideas like this. She is a completely obnoxious woman.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

PS: MODS, please feel free to move this thread to the appropriate forums as I didn't know where else to put it!

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm... skunkworks perhaps?

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Blasphemy...?

woah...hold on...where is there blasphemy?

am I reading something wrong here?

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure this is what the men who wrote Revelations envisioned as the beginning of global persecution of Christians.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by whitl103
How many people criticizing Lady Gaga for her views have read the Gospel of Judas?

Seems like you should get all sides of the story before crucifying somebody.

They aren't the reading type would be my general assumption
more of the feeling type...emotion over substance.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze

Bare in mind that only the absolute TOP FAMOUS pop singers/rappers (you know them) so far have included satanic/iluminati references in their songs.

Lol you have never heard of metal or goth music then I guess...
She just writes 'controversial' lyrics to get noticed, it's a known fomula that works in the industry. You make yourself a character and people like it.
Anyway who cares if she loves Judas and wants to marry the devil or some other rubbish. Let her live in her own way and let people listen to her music if they like it (EVEN THOUGH IT SUCKS). If you can't accept that, then you are no worse than a dictator in a country that controls his people.
edit on 19-4-2011 by Noviz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by violet

History shows that Judas would've been paid the 30 pieces of silver because that's what the Roman's paid for an outlaw. Judas had no choice. He was doing his job. He was the Treasurer of Jesus and the disciples. He was Jesus's closest friend. Makes sense for Jesus to use his best friend and the one he trusts the most to do the biggest job in history. Read the Gospel of Judas. Makes it pretty clear.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xterrain
I'm pretty sure this is what the men who wrote Revelations envisioned as the beginning of global persecution of Christians.

Naa, that was the church persecuting christians..they all but eliminated them actually and now the anti-christian christianity is the norm.
I mean, if you want to be historical..
but ya, no doubt she is going to shake a few pillars...I mean, consider the words of her songs:

Born This Way:
I'M BEAUTIFUL IN MY WAY
'CAUSE GOD MAKES NO MISTAKES
---
GIVE YOURSELF PRUDENCE
AND LOVE YOUR FRIENDS
---
BELIEVE CAPITAL H-I-M (HEY HEY HEY)
I LOVE MY LIFE I LOVE THIS RECORD AND
MI AMORE VOLE FE YAH (LOVE NEEDS FAITH)

Seriously...love yourself, love your neighbor, love god? What rightous christian would dare believe in such blasphemy today?!!

It gets worse though..look at this evil:

Bad Romance (OPENING LYRICS!!!)
I want your ugly
I want your disease
I want your everything
As long as it’s free
I want your love

Now, what person do you know would associate with the ugly, the sick, the diseased, and accept a person for who they are and ask only for love in return?!!
thats right..nobody...what evil words!

oh...you would think it stops there, but it doesn't....oh no...the true darkness of this "accept people, love yourself, love others, love god" demon goes on and on in almost all her songs..

Judas:
As I trust the LORD, he'll put me back on ship

Well, that right there seals the deal
she trusts the lord.

Christians are not supposed to trust the lord...
The lord instructed judas to do his bidding..the lord trusted judas most to carry this out

The lord has been overruled by the church of peter...it is better to deny christ and overrule his decisions than to listen to his words

yep...she is certainly the devil...

(nothing like blind faith in church dogma to overrule messages of spirituality)
edit on 19-4-2011 by SaturnFX because: the devil ate my tag

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

She is third rated singer who can sing and has to use these cheap tricks to help her career. Who gives # about her !

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourtweeter
Reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

She is third rated singer who can sing and has to use these cheap tricks to help her career. Who gives # about her !

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

So, is she a 3rd rate singer, or can she simply not sing?
I mean, a 3rd rate singer is probably better than say, drunk night at the karaoke bar type 4th rate singer..

You cant say they can do something, then follow it up with how they cant do that very same thing after all.

makes you sound illogical, unreasonable, and somewhat irrational.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join