It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The GOP’s front-runner is…Donald Trump?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Link

Every month, PPP polls Republican primary voters nationwide about
their preferences for the GOP presidential nomination. Almost every month, the top four
candidates have been in a statistical tie, with various candidates jockeying back and forth
for slim leads. But for the first time in three months, when Mike Huckabee had a tenpoint
lead over Mitt Romney and Sarah Palin, PPP has found a candidate who puts
serious distance between himself and the rest of the field: Donald Trump.

Trump leads with 26% over Huckabee’s 17%, Romney’s 15%, Newt Gingrich’s 11%,
Palin’s 8%, Ron Paul’s 5%, and Tim Pawlenty and Michele Bachmann’s 4%.

Donald Trump seems more like a political
opportunist than anything else, IMO. If
Republicans are dumb enough to nominate
this guy then all hope is lost for that party.
It will leave us with the choice between
Barack Obama and Donald Trump.

Two complete losers who do not truly care
about this country. A billionaire against a
Liberal Neocon, sounds like an amazing
choice.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
How do you know enough about them personally to make the judgement that they don't care about this country?

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

It’s called studying politics my friend and it
can easily be done. Just don’t watch the
corporate media who want to spoon feed
you lies, just do the research yourself.

Donald Trump is a political opportunist
with an inflated ego, he will take this
opportunity to swell the size of his wallet,
period. Barack Obama has proven time and
time again that his allegiance lies not with
this nation but with the big bankers,
globalists, and those anti-Americans like
Bill Ayers and George Soros.
edit on 4/18/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
reply to post by kro32

It’s called studying politics my friend and it
can easily be done. Just don’t watch the
corporate media who want to spoon feed
you lies, just do the research yourself.

Donald Trump is a political opportunist
with an inflated ego, he will take this
opportunity to swell the size of his wallet,
period. Barack Obama has proven time and
time again that his allegiance lies not with
this nation but with the big bankers,
globalists, and those anti-Americans like
Bill Ayers and George Soros.
edit on 4/18/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

I fail to see how studying politics would give you insight into Donald Trump as he is not in politics yet.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
you have a great system of democracy in america, a whole 2 choices.

on top of that you have to be a member of the republican party of the democratic party to be president.

so in reality each party elects it's own president and has 50/50 chance of installing a puppet every 4 years.

the real power in government are the party leaders. if their elected representative strays to far from what the leaders want they can boot him out of the party and end all hope of any re-election.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
you have a great system of democracy in america, a whole 2 choices.

on top of that you have to be a member of the republican party of the democratic party to be president.

so in reality each party elects it's own president and has 50/50 chance of installing a puppet every 4 years.

the real power in government are the party leaders. if their elected representative strays to far from what the leaders want they can boot him out of the party and end all hope of any re-election.

Actually we've had Presidents from other party's.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
As crazy as our last election was I wouldn't be surprised if The Don actually pulls it off. Hell it might be a decent decision, it's truly hard to say these days. I wonder how many 'anti-christ' accusations will come from this

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
I thought we had it bad in OZ with the morons that we have to choose a leader from.
But you americans have sunk to a new low if you want Donald Trump to lead you to greener pastures.
Seriously what does a billionaire arrogant wig wearing pompus ingnorant self absourbed egotisticle ass know about the common people????? Answer, NOTHING.
So any american thinks that trump can show you the light, well he wont, and you are silly to think so.

Either way, whom ever runs for President, can you Americans make sure you check the birth certificate of the presidential candidates first

As the rest of us on ATS think you are silly for not asking Obama for his Birth certificate, so we dont want to hear you all complaining about the next president not having one.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Trump for President?

Who elses first thought was 4chan?
Ohhh the lulz....

srsb bsns apparently

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Yeah, this makes me sick when I think about what Trump said to a news reporter and I quote...
REPORTER: "so do you have the 6 million $ it takes to run a campaign for president?"
TRUMP: " (*chuckles) "yes, I certainly do"
REPORTER: "Why are you running for president?"
TRUMP: "Because I can"
oh he did really go there???

REPORTER: "what makes you a good choice for president?"
TRUMP: "Because I'm beautiful, I have so much money I am beautiful"

All I can say is wow! And to anyone who saw that news report and votes for him, which was in his private jet mind you, then they are completely and utterly insane, and most likely beautiful cause they are rich

Peace,
Marriah

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by marriah3330
Yeah, this makes me sick when I think about what Trump said to a news reporter and I quote...
REPORTER: "so do you have the 6 million $ it takes to run a campaign for president?"
TRUMP: " (*chuckles) "yes, I certainly do"
REPORTER: "Why are you running for president?"
TRUMP: "Because I can"
oh he did really go there???

REPORTER: "what makes you a good choice for president?"
TRUMP: "Because I'm beautiful, I have so much money I am beautiful"

All I can say is wow! And to anyone who saw that news report and votes for him, which was in his private jet mind you, then they are completely and utterly insane, and most likely beautiful cause they are rich

Peace,
Marriah

Mind posting the rest of it so we can verify nothing is taken out of context please.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by pazcat
Trump for President?

Who elses first thought was 4chan?
Ohhh the lulz....

srsb bsns apparently

Is this English, what are you saying? In English please...

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

I cant really, I was watching this on TV, maybe I can find a youtube video or something, but I can't even remember what news station it was... Ill try.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
oh come on,
Please !!! Not the dork !!!

first there was Terror Sarah !!!!

then there was Sleuth Newt !!!

then there was Slick Mitt !!!

then there was Huckabee Fin !!!

then there was Donald Dork !!!!

and I have serious doubts about Ron "The Don" Paul

is there not one serious contender from the GOP side???
c'mon .... ANYBODY ????

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by marriah3330
reply to post by kro32

I cant really, I was watching this on TV, maybe I can find a youtube video or something, but I can't even remember what news station it was... Ill try.

I think u were referring to O'Reilly and Beck.
You ought to ask Murdoch how much he
got paid by Trump to get that FOX endorsement??

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Donald Trump is the perfect candidate for President of America. Politics in general and campaigns especially has become some kind of surrealistic dance/performance with no real connection to the people. Just another media event used to sell products with politicians as the entertainment. Complete with their rabid fans and supporters. Manipulating the crowds with deviseive rhetoric of fear and hate of the other side. Politics now resembles professional wrestling more than a selection of leaders.

We might as well accept the fact that the corporate oligarchy has control now with their wars motivated by profit, planned obsolescence of products, cult of consumerism and greed.

Donald Trump is the perfect leader for such a system. Bring in the theocracy of Palin and Bachmann and complete the political package for our journy into political absurdity.

Bread and circus tickets anyone?

s&f
edit on 18-4-2011 by whaaa because: chains of ivy

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
He sealed his fate with his latest statement of " I am better for prez because my net worth's bigger than Romney's"

Link

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
So here's how I see this situation.... Trump owns tons of corporate america. Trump has a celebrity face because of "The Apprentice" and various appearances in other media, including movies and citcoms. He is hot headed, and very very rich... Worth almost, what, $3 billion? So why is he considering running for president?

His wallet.

His throne.

As a GOP candidate, a presidency would set him up for complete control over corporate and political America. What does this mean? Well, it would mean that he would be president (king) of America (Trumpland) until the end of his term (reign).

If he was elected... I'd compare him with Hitler. Not that he'd be a Nazi, in the literal sense... But a leader who could (the only positive IMO) tremendously increase the American economy, be very unpopular among the general public, and have a large cult following.

I really hope he doesn't make it through the primaries... If he runs. But this is all just my opinion.

And Antichrist? Ha no. He is however, the son of Christ. Fred Christ Trump... And I'm not s***ing you. I'm really surprised there isn't a conspiracy theory about that one.
edit on 18-4-2011 by zigmeister because: Typo. I spelled som instead of sun... Haha.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Mr. Trump has no chance of getting the nomination. Every woman in America thinks "The Donald" is the very epitome of creepy and without the female vote; you're toast.

Not to mention that he has become a parody of himself, fit only for the butt of jokes on late nite TV.

On second thought.....He's perfect for the WH and fits right in with what the American culture represents; Money, macho bravado, and fear of anything remotely intellectual.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
trump is indeed the opportunist.

i wish i could find the links about past political comments he has made in the past

past remarks included his support for democratic candidates

i dont want trump to run i think hes just another ross perot looking for the fame

people trump is not what you think he is hes not even close

not to mention the cash he has given to democratic candidates that is on record for anyone to see.
edit on 18-4-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join