It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Cameron refuses to rule out role for British ground forces in Libya

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
David Cameron Says British Ground Forces in Libya Possible

David Cameron has raised the prospect of UK troops operating inside Libya by declaring that Britain is preparing to "do more" to help rebels struggling to oust Col Gaddafi.

"We have to ask ourselves what more can we do to protect civilian life and to stop Gaddafi's war machine unleashing such hell on his own people," he said.

The bag is out on the armour and communications part

Britain has already given body armour and communications technology to the rebels. "We're looking at those things and what else we can do," Mr Cameron said.

Brits dont like the idea

Cameron is becoming terminally irritating. He began this ill fated foray into Libya stating there would be no ground troops involved now he is spinning again inferring this is now an option.

If this actually does come and pass russia and china wont just sit and wait, they will also begin to start some moves on there own, if Cameron sends British forces into Libya you can officially say its the start of world war 3.

I hope this doesn't happen, things will turn for the worst.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I kinda anticipated this action since
BP has 3 exploratory oil contracts
in Libya.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Good to know we have someone inside the Chinese government with access to their military plans here at ats.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

i am not a agent by the way,i am just theorizing, analyzing things that may come to pass, its also what i do in university.

edit on 18-4-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by kro32

i am not agent by the way,i am just theorizing, analyzing things.

Well you must ask yourself what position a country needs to be in to consider going to world war 3 for. China is not in that bad of a position at them moment on the world stage. Do you honestly think they would risk open war over the oil in libya when they still have enough to meet their current and future needs.

If they had run out or had all their other sources cut off than possibly but at the moment they would have far more to lose than to gain by going to war over this.

Also keep in mind the history of China. They often protest to Allied action around the world but when was the last time they openly acted. You would have to go back to the Korean War.

So do you still think they are going to escalate this no matter what the Allies do?

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
""We have to ask ourselves what more can we do to protect civilian life and to stop Gaddafi's war machine unleashing such hell on his own people," he said. "

David Cameron wants to look closer to home when he talks about hell on earth if he wants to go over board with his clap trap.

Does any of the british public remember being asked what they think about this ? Didn't think so.

So the public is lossing teachers, bin get emptied slower and yet we have the money to prop up Bp from the public purse. i wonder what the size of his pay cheque will be for doing the job of the zionists and i see students on the streets in the UK protesting about 300% increase in fees and pro-gaddaffi protests but i've not seen any pro Cameron protests so maybe gaddffi should invade the UK and kick our puppet out because you know what they say about it takes one to know one.

I know Mr Cameron lets invade saudi arabia for senting in forces to supress protests in Barain you fringing mooron.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
i knew this was gonna happen, from a no fly zone right into a full western driven invasion to over throw gaddaffi and put 'their' own puppet in and reap the benefits ....keerching

no better way to solve countries bebts than a good conflict,

behold the western war machine lol

edit on 18-4-2011 by wedidgothacked because: spelling

top topics

join