It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I saw UFOs, took lots of pics (silve spheres)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I've finally made the 20 posts need to start this thread

I don't even really know how to start this or what to say, except that it's going to be a fairly long post and there are a lot of pictures. If the pics don't show up at first, please forgive me. This is my first time posting here. I feel crazy doing this. I discovered Above Top Secret's existence in May last year when I started researching UFOs -- this website comes up a lot. I never registered, never posted, but I've read this website semi-regularly ever since. I'll be honest, I think a lot of stuff on here is insane. Then again, I'm claiming to have seen tons of UFOs, and I guess I'm now going to appear insane to some other random person out there reading... It's a cycle I suppose. Please note that I don't believe these to be alien spacecraft, I think they're military, but what do I know? I never watched the sky for UFOs before this happened.

My UFO sighting happened in May of last year (2010). I know what you're thinking -- why did I wait so long to post something? Because after it first happened, I still wasn't sure if I was insane or not. Then as days dragged on life got in the way and I became distracted and forgot. The pictures have been sitting in a folder on my laptop for months, and occasionally I open them to look and tell myself I'll post them, then life happens again.

Then I saw this article and floored me: www.examiner.com...

I came across it by accident, but the picture in it looks so similar to my pictures that I flipped.

As I said, my pics were taken in May 2010 at night. The house where they were taken is in the middle of 200 open acres of land enclosed in trees. Back over the trees was a storm and we (my two brothers and I) were sitting on the porch watching the storm. For the first two hours, the sky where we were at was completely clear – the storm was way out in the distance, and by the fourth hour we only had thin strips of clouds; we never got the actual storm.

After being outside for about 20 minutes, we got bored with the lightening and stared at the stars up ahead. While watching the stars, I noticed that one I was staring at faded away and reappeared about three inches (from my perspective, I have no idea how far this is way up there) almost immediately after. This was odd, as there were no clouds over our field. I thought this must have been either dust clouds in space that happened to hide one star and reveal another, or some type of eye fatigue from staring at one star that caused it to ‘disappear’ from my vision and another take its place.

I kept watching, however, and noticed this happening all over the bloody sky. A star would simply fade out almost immediately after I looked at it, and it would reappear somewhere else – sometimes very close, sometimes on the opposite side of the field. I alerted my brothers to this and told them to watch and tell me what they saw, and they both saw the same thing.

This was incredible. I really haven’t ever seen anything like it. They were basically silver spheres that looked so much like stars that you really had to pay attention or you'd never have noticed them.

We started watching the sky obsessively, trying to count how many were visible at once and figure out what distinguished them from the stars. We noticed that some of the objects were closer than the others, and we could very, very faintly see flashing lights on the closest ones (here is where I start to feel crazy saying this….). I definitely saw a blue light and a green light. There was also possibly a red light, but at such a distance my eyes were straining and I couldn’t tell enough to be positive. My brother, who has 20/20 vision (I don’t, but I did have my glasses on), confirmed that he saw blue and green flashing lights. Note that we couldn’t make out any sort of shape of these things – they looked almost identical to stars. The lights did appear to flash at different times, not all at once.

We spent forever (I don't know how long exactly) staring up at the sky watching these until our necks hurt so bad we couldn’t stand it anymore. These things would appear and disappear and reappear all over the place. They would always fade out, and then it would fade back in. There were only a few times where we saw them physically moving – they were at such a distance that they would have had to have been moving at quite a speed for us to notice their movement. Most of the ones that moved would begin to move sideways or upwards and fade out as they moved, then fade back in somewhere else as they stopped moving. There was, as I recall, a few instances of these things moving in a circular motion as they faded out.

Eventually these things moved into a triangular pattern over the course of about a half an hour or so. One would fade out, then fade back in somewhere, another would fade out, then in, and after this went on for awhile, a very large triangle – it appeared to stretch across the entire sky over the field – formed from them; imagine playing connect the dots. If you connected all these things, you would have had a triangle. They stayed this way for awhile, then started their fading again and eventually became disbursed.

They were visible in far less quantities the next night, and were gone the third. I’ve never seen them since.

The EXIF data shows the date and time, as well as my camera’s model and the settings I had it on when I took the pictures. As you’ll note, the camera I used is a cheapo older model PowerShot. I pushed that little camera to it’s limits and tried my damndest to get good photos. Please note that the cropped images will list “Photoshop” in the EXIF data, as that is the program I used to zoom in and crop. I did not alter the images in anyway; not even adjustment for contrast or brightness.

I also took a picture of plain stars as a comparison shot, which will allow you to see the stark difference between these silver spheres and stars. I also took a picture of a plane of some sort that flew over the field (15 second exposure) so you can compare that also.

Without further ado, the pics. First I'm adding the full pics, then I'll add crops that are easier to see.

EDIT: And of course the pics aren't showing up for some reason. Here are the plain links.

These are normal stars:

img96.imageshack.us...

Now the UFO pics:

img848.imageshack.us...

img197.imageshack.us...

img197.imageshack.us...

img33.imageshack.us...

img228.imageshack.us...

img543.imageshack.us...

img818.imageshack.us...

img135.imageshack.us...

This one is a 15 second exposure of what I believe to be an airplane. The red lights are a radio tower:
img859.imageshack.us...

Gah! Ok, I uploaded some, but this is taking waaaay too long. I hope this isn't against the rules, but I zipped the pics and uploaded them to Rapidshare. You can download them here: rapidshare.com...

The big images are the pictures that I took. Look carefully at the sky for silver streaks and balls. Notice, especially in the pictures where there is a lot of light, that the silver spheres stick out even though the other stars don't. The light in two of those pics is from the city in the distance. Notice how visible the silver sphere thing is.

Also note that in some of the pics, the silver ball is all over the place -- this was from it moving, not me. In some pics, it is very obvious that the silver sphere would stay in one spot, then zoom a little, then stay, then zoom. All that movement happened in about three seconds. You can check the EXIF data for each pic to see how the long exposure lasted (and thus estimate how fast it was moving per second).

I have a couple pics in there labeled NORMAL STARS, these were pics I took of normal stars for comparison. Notice that the normal stars are blue, and they aren't streaked all over the place (since stars stay in one spot, LOL).

OK, my brain is fried. It is now after 3AM, I literally spent hours putting all this together and I'm tired. I'm going to bed. I'll answer questions and we can discuss tomorrow.

Good night ATS, I hope you find this interesting.

edit on 18-4-2011 by Celcius because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
pictures dont work and im getting a popup that says "RapidPro Required" when i try and d/l your pics from rapidshare

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Never mind I see you fixed em'

going to check them out

edit on 18-4-2011 by VenomVile.6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Well, thanks for sharing, but there's too much noise in the photos to try to do any proper enhancement.

There's nothing that we can clearly see and I guess that the photos doesn't do them justice...

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Hmm similar to those posted by me here :-

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I've only been able to look at a few images but of the few I've seen its very difficult to make out what exactly we are looking at. I can see one or two lights but they look small enough to be airplanes or stars. What I will say is that because the images are not enhanced and the objects in the images are not big enough to make a judgment with, I'll put my neck on the line and say they are UFO's until I see any further evidence. Not to discredit your images but why didn't you post them last year when you took them instead of this year? Just a thought. However, I'm not entirely sure what they are.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Unfortunately, if you follow this subject at all (which, by your wording and posting you obviously do, admit it or not) you already know that your evidence of what you claim to have seen is useless.

The highly suspect part of this is the manner in which you wrote it up, which fits the manner of the fake "reluctant observer" that somehow seems to write in the same lingo and manner as a blind believer. Odd that.

It is very easy to spot someone who posts a picture of something that they don't understand. You can spot those folks from a mile. Not that they offer any better evidence, but it is from their unvarnished point of view. Yours, however, has been tarnished by your obvious interest and internet searching into this subject, and read to those that have been around for a day or two like the stereotypical tripe that is meant to appeal to a certain ignorant audience.

I am sorry to call you out, but it is too obvious. You can fool some of the people all the time, or all of the people some of the time.....but you can't fool me any of the time.

I sure wish I would see at least one of the thousands of UFO sightings that seem to happen daily to those that live on internet UFO forums seem to experience. I wonder if my mind requires too much rational thought, or I'm just not open minded enough.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by MainLineThis

EDIT: Not going to get into an argument. If you don't believe me, that's your prerogative.

Anyway, to everyone else:

First, I'd like to say that I'm not trying to prove something's existence or anything, I'm just sharing pics and a story I thought the community would enjoy. No, they're not professional grade. No, they're not going to make CNN go woah, aliens are real! I just wanted to post my pics because I find them fascinating. If we're not allowed to do that unless we have professional grade camera equipment and a signed affidavit from an alien overlord, then I apologize and will delete my post.

If anyone is still interested, I'm going to upload the crops. I uploaded the full-sized pics last night so you could see the complete picture of how the sky looked, could save them and zoom in on the spheres.

Give me ten minutes or so.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I'll keep editing this post to add links to the crops I'm uploading. They still won't embed, so you'll have to click the links:

Here is a full-sized pic of a silver thing in the sky with the tree-tops visible. This will sort of give a perspective on their size. The brightness in the sky is light-pollution in the distance. You'll have to view the image full-sized to adequately see the UFO:

Here is a download link via Megaupload since Rapidshare seems to want paid accounts only:

www.megaupload.com... (Warning: 90MB download)

Here is the picture of the airplane that went past -- I'd uploaded the wrong one in the first post -- it is a 15 second exposure I do believe and was taken with the camera sitting on a rice bucket, so it was pretty steady. The red in the back ground is a radio or cell phone tower, I'm not sure which. You can see that the plane looks a lot different than the silver things.

Here is one of the longer exposures super-zoomed in. Yes there's a lot of noise, but I can't help that, I did the best with what I had. The red arrows indicate the more solid circular parts, and the blue arrows are the 'streaking' parts from when the sphere was in motion. So basically the red arrows are where the sphere would pause briefly, and the blue arrows are the motion trails from it zooming to the next spot. I have some longer exposures than this, but they're too faded because this thing was moving so fast:

Here's another super-zoom with arrows:

This pic I find to be particularly interesting because it captured the sphere in motion, then a single pause, so it's less chaotic on the eyes:

This is the one that looks similar to the pic in that Examiner article I posted that caught my attention. Very little movement from this sphere.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
The pictures take forever to load on my computer, but the ones that I did see were pretty impressive and definitely interesting to me! For night shots, they're actually pretty good (IMO)!
Thanks for posting them! Even if we never know what's actually in them, they are really cool!

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Weeeden
The pictures take forever to load on my computer, but the ones that I did see were pretty impressive and definitely interesting to me!

Thanks! I uploaded the entire batch of pictures zipped to Megaupload in the post above you. It's 90MB, but might be easier on your bandwidth to download it all at once and then have all the pics on your computer.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Anyway, this is all I'm uploading for now, I have to work. I'll pop in occasionally. Believe me if you want, if not, oh well. I uploaded the original high-resolution pics, one with tree tops visible, and gave comparison pics with normal stars and a plane, so hopefully you'll realize how different the silver things look in the sky compared to stars and recognize that it's not a normal artifact up there.

Winter is finally ending and there's blue sky again, so assuming a tornado doesn't kill me, I'll be able to star gaze again. I'm looking into purchasing a new digital camera (less than $300), so if someone has suggestions about something that has high zoom and good low-light quality, I'm all ears.

top topics

join