It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quantum Leap: Bits Of Light Teleported To Another Place

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   

ur world is getting closer to Star Trek everyday it seems, Scientist annouced today (April 14) they have been able to teleport special bits of light from one place to another

Wow, just try and wrap your head around this, not a theory, but an actual event that is so confounding

I would imagine the Shroedinger's theory that is discussed in this article will be the basis soon of an actual experiement, with a live animal. If successful, the possiblities for military, space travel, time travel, technology itself will advance if someone goes into the future, learns how to tweek the teleporter to perfection, and brings back that knowledge.

I also considered that the light that was teleported, what if flashes of light people see now, are actually flashes of light from numerous experiements such as this one.

Edit: Oops, I forgot to add the link: www.livescience.com...
edit on 18-4-2011 by space cadet because: add link

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Nice! Beam me up, Scotty!

I hope they test on plants first though...

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by chancemusky

That's pretty cool, i remember they did that with a smaller particle before this (I think)

The only thing that worries me about teleportation technology is(Provided we develop it to this point)

Will I die when i'm dematerialised and then rematerialised? As in, a clone?

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Somehumanbeing

That's pretty cool, i remember they did that with a smaller particle before this (I think)

The only thing that worries me about teleportation technology is(Provided we develop it to this point)

hm
and would you take on new memories and be a whole separate person?

edit on 18-4-2011 by DuceizBack because: Fixing my link

edit on 18-4-2011 by DuceizBack because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
This is the part of the article which 'explains' how the teleportation of light works, though I'm sure someone could write a whole book on the subject...

Lee and his team accomplished this by linking a packet of light to one half of a pair of entangled particles. They then destroyed the light and the particle it was linked to, leaving only the lone particle of the entangled pair. The remaining particle retains the link with its entangled partner, though, including information about the light, which enabled the researchers to rebuild the light in the exact configuration at the other location.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Somehumanbeing

See, that's deep! The possibilties are endless.

It seems to me, that if we can 'leap' into the future, when that is perfected, we could learn the secrets of how to cure cancer, diabetes, ect., and bring them back to now and use that knowledge now. But if we used it right now, wouldn't that change to future of it? ? ?

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by RenegadeScholar

Thank you for posting that, I am having trouble copying anything tonight, I had to type in the opening quote.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

Haha, time and teleportation are a bit of a mental playhouse.

I guess teleportation would be ok if they could transport a person through some alternate dimension or state of being, but then it's different than what we have here. With time travel, you could argue that if we had developed it in the future, we never used it to change the past as we would have experienced it, or we did use it, but the change remained constant. Either way, changing the past was pointless for the past, but perhaps useful for the future.
edit on 18-4-2011 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Somehumanbeing

Again, each scenario imagined, implicates so many things!

Imagine this: you use the teleportation to deliver a weapon to another time, a weapon of mass destruction, and it is used to destroy the future well being of your country, now does that country go back in time and change this event? To change it, the weapon used would have to be destroyed or the scenario would happen over and over

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Scientist annouced today (April 14) they have been able to teleport special bits of light from one place to another
This is really nothing new at all...and I'm pretty sure 2 or 3 years ago they managed to teleport a physical particle (possibly even a whole atom, I can't remember) across a few hundred kilometers if memory serves me correctly...ok, I'll try to find the story, because my memory is clearly a bit rusty.

EDIT: Now that a think about it, they might not have managed to teleport anything, it may have just been linking two particles in an entangled state and then separating them a few hundred kilometers and proving they were still linked.

EDIT: And when you actually think about what they did here, they didn't "teleport" anything, it seems they just rebuilt it from existing data.

edit on 18-4-2011 by 211220121111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by 211220121111

The article tells you exactly what they have been able to do so far, including a previous attempt, wish I could copy and paste that portion of the article, but I am having problems with that tonight.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Wonder if they could use this as some sort of galactic mores code ? I mean why not right ?
This is the beginning of an instant communications system. There would be no bandwidth, pretty cool stuff!

Thanks for posting!
edit on 18-4-2011 by R3KR because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
hey cool I love these type of threads

and I love Michio Kaku.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
please teleport my boss to another galaxy..tnks

2nd :

i still cant see how we can travel to other planets with this..you must have some kind of a receiver installed at the destination...so i cant see why they mentioned star trek

it will though revolutionize the way we trade thats for sure...no more express deliveries...i guess we shall be facing a big problem with obesity too haha

i hope these things evolve in my life time

edit on 18-4-2011 by heineken because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Existing thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by big_BHOY

That is so weird, I typed in the full title and got no results, as well as a partial of the headline.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Somehumanbeing

I wondered this myself. I would be most concerned everything was put back where it belonged and not scrambled so I arrive as a soup of human parts. This would be a bummer and ruin my day completely.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

They have been working on a getting results in this teleportation field for decades now.

I remember reading about 15 years ago, that they had managed to transport a pulse of laser light a few feet, one table to another in the lab.

China has had results too, although i forget the details, being able to teleport something up to 10 miles distance was mentioned.

Then we have to remember about Quantum entanglement.

QE has recently been theorised to work both over great distances, and backward or forwards in *time* too!

So you could be right about anomalous light flashed being witnessed, connected with these experiments.

What if QE teleportation experiments being carried out in the future (or the recent past) are traversing space and time to arrive in our present, where we see the physical effects as light flashes?

Cheers.

top topics

join