It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Emband*,New Marketing tool that tracks brainwaves when watching tv....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
They just keep on coming up with new things they can use to control us...

A headband designed by San Francisco firm EmSense can sense your brainwaves as you have reactions to watching something and then record the data for researchers.The process of measuring your reaction to something is known as ‘quantitative neurometrics’ and it can be carried out as you watch a computer or television screen.

For the first time,marketers and market researchers can gain direct access to consumers' Cognitive Engagement and emotional responses to advertising,concepts,packaging and in store and online marketing. This is made possible through the Emsense neuromeasurement devices,the first ever scalable,non-invasive physcological and brainwave measurement technology-made specifically for market research.

It says market research firms want to measure emotional responses more accurately to get better reactions to advertising, creative concepts, packaging and shopping.It has tested more than 100,000 respondents in 25 countries, reported Venture Beat.

LINK

To me it looks like they want to know how we feel about these different things when were watching tv or on the computer so they can figure out what they can do to change what theyre doing to market their crap to us. So I guess they figure if they can tell what were thinking they will know exactly how to get us and manipulate their way into our pockets..And im sure its used for other things too other than just to figure out how they can market their crappy goods and services to us....
edit on 17-4-2011 by gdaub23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

Don't wear the headband = Don't contribute to the problem.

Now, how to persuade those poor folks who will lend their opinion for $, not to do so.

Marketing

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Oh, this is only the first step.

Next comes the RFID chip with this technology...and it's tied to your bank account and credit card.

See it, like it, buy it...all in the blink of an eye.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

I don't know anything about what you're talking about, But a company called Arbitron, keeps sending me money.
They want our family to keep a something in our pockets that will tell them what t.v. and raido shows we watch. I'm not into it, but hey they can keep sending me money. We've got $25 total so far!!

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I guarentee millions of lemmings will be jumping all over this.
"Ohh, Ill participate,, Pick me, pick me"... "They picked me! Arent i lucky!

Not only will they WANT to do it, but they will feel fortunate when they "get" to do it!

Super lame.

I sometimes wonder when theyre going to bust me door down and lock me up for not having "TV". lol

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

Will they be able to tell what I'm thinking when I watch Pamela Anderson on Baywatch re-runs?

Or can they guess that without the machine?

Seriously, this is interesting as research, but if they put the 5000 Nielsen ratings homes on something like this, it will be very creepy, too creepy.

top topics

join