It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What swayed your opinion regarding Islam

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Im just a man therefore it is useless to have an opinion about Islam.Only when they try to change other peoples way of being will I have an opinion.....Whats that?..They are?!! Sharia law?Let me look into that...OH HELL NO!!!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Skippy1138

No what we saw was videos of people (including children) literally dancing in the streets with joy at the slaughter of 3,000 innocent people..........

AHAHAH that's awesome, you do know that video you are talking about wasn't from September 11th right? It was a completely unrelated incident used viciously by the media to demonize Islam. That's awesome, haven't seen anyone mention that in years because it was so thoroughly debunked

====

but since you asked:

Source

In a Joint Statement by American Muslim Alliance, American Muslim Council, Association of Muslim Scientists and Engineers, Association of Muslim Social Scientists, Council on American-Islamic Relations, Islamic Medical Association of North America, Islamic Circle of North America, Islamic Society of North America, Ministry of Imam W. Deen Mohammed, Muslim American Society and Muslim Public Affairs Council, stated:[5] American Muslims utterly condemn the vicious and cowardly acts of terrorism against innocent civilians. We join with all Americans in calling for the swift apprehension and punishment of the perpetrators. No political cause could ever be assisted by such immoral acts.

Reactions to the attacks in the Muslim world were mixed. Most Muslim political and religious leaders condemned the attacks. The leaders vehemently denouncing the attacks included the Presidents of Egypt, Jordan, the Palestinian Authority, Libya, Syria, Iran and Pakistan.[5][14] The sole exception was Iraq, when the then-president Saddam Hussein, said of the attacks that "the American cowboys are reaping the fruit of their crimes against humanity".[15] Saddam would later offer sympathy to the Americans killed in the attacks.[16] * Renowned Muslim scholar Yusuf al-Qaradawi denounced the attacks and the killings of hundreds of civilians as a "heinous crime" and urged Muslims to donate blood to the victims. He did however criticise the United States' "biased policy towards Israel" and also called on Muslims to "concentrate on facing the occupying enemy directly", inside the Palestinian territories.[17] The alleged Hezbollah "spiritual mentor" and Lebanese Shia cleric Mohammed Hussein Fadlallah condemned the attacks. * Ahmed Yassin, the spiritual leader of Hamas, said he was not interested in exporting such attacks to the United States, however he criticized the "unfair American position".[18] * Afghanistan's Taliban rulers condemned the attacks and also vehemently rejected suggestions that Osama bin Laden, who had been given asylum in Afghanistan, could be behind them.[18] * Huge crowds attended candlelit vigils in Iran, and 60,000 spectators observed a minute's silence at Tehran football stadium.[19][20]

The Palestinian National Authority (PNA) immediately condemned the attacks. Fox News reported that in Ein el-Hilweh, Lebanon's largest Palestinian refugee camp, revelers fired weapons in the air, with similar celebratory gunfire heard at the Rashidiyeh camp near the southern city of Tyre as well.[18] Reports and images of Palestinians from East Jerusalem, Nablus, and Lebanon taking to the streets in celebration, were broadcast around the world.[18] with many newspapers, magazines, Web sites and wire services running photographs.[21][22] The PNA claimed such celebrations were not representative of the sentiments of the Palestinian people, and the Information Minister Yasser Abed Rabbo said the PNA would not allow "a few kids" to "smear the real face of the Palestinians".

But hey, yeah, the small group of Palestinians totally represents the billions of people world wide. totally fair generalization.
edit on 18-4-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I'm 33.

Prior to 9/11, Muslims were people who appeared on the news from time to time firing their guns to the skies on top of dusty pick-ups yelling crazy against deserted landscapes.

Sometimes they were carrying coffins on the street crying out-loud in a too intense way for Western parameters. TV anchor was talking about problems that seemed to be truly away from Europe.

And Islam was a couple of lessons we were taught in school in Ancient Art & History class.

But a brutal blend of 9/11 Danny Pearl incident 3/11 Madrid London Bombings changed it all, brought us all those yellings home. Yes the war was awful and Abu Grahib & Gitmo were awful too, but when you're Western and your people is being killed, who are you gonna be standing for? Well, no doubt at all. So our dislike for Muslims and Islam went increasing as the killings went on.

Now we're used to it. Now we're used to war. And we Europeans keep doing ethical acrobacy on the swing, Great Union of Nations Under The Starred Flag of Ethics and Aesthetics, Nobody is Enemy until Proof. If Muslims come to Europe we dont care as long as they dont bomb us, although we may frown a bit when we see how they're getting Health benefits they didnt pay for. But to hell with it because we wont go living in their countries anyway.

edit on 18-4-2011 by AboveTheTrees because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skippy1138
reply to post by P3ACE0WAR

Every thread of yours is some sort of pro-Muslim/Muslim apologist agenda."Religion of Peace"? Show me videos of Muslims on September 12 protesting saying "This isn't us..", We don't condone this.." etc etc
No what we saw was videos of people (including children) literally dancing in the streets with joy at the slaughter of 3,000 innocent people..........

You saw stock footage from fox news of people dancing in the streets of Palestine. It had nothing to do with 9/11. Of course that doesn't matter because the American folk believe anything they see on tv. Sooo easy to sway peoples opinions.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

I was still quite young at the time of the events of 9/11 and remember them vividly. I'm ashamed to say that after 7/7 and up until about a year or two ago I was extremely ignorant about Islam and Muslims in general. All I thought was Muslims were foreign people from Asia who wore funny clothes etc. I suppose I accepted alot of the bigotted opinions prevalent in British society to this day, perpetuated by the mainstream media.

However about a year ago I started to learn about the religion and recognise why so many people follow Islam so devoutly. My initial reasoning behind this was the interest I had gained in middle eastern politics and later my appreciation for Islamic architecture and art. I went to a mosque and just talked to people about their faith and it's really eye openning to see how caring and accepting the people were. I remember one guy in particular, possibly the wisest person I've ever met explaining the theology behind their religion. It was a very humbling experience. People really need to read the Quran and realise it's not a book filled with hate like the media would have you beleive.
I'm currently learning Arabic so as to read it in it's original so that I may better understand Islam.
edit on 18-4-2011 by lifeissacred because: to add

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Look if what youre saying is that all Arab peoples are not evil then yes im with you on that.
If youre saying that all religious peoples, Muslim, are not evil then yes im with you on that also.
But, it is the religion it self. For all of the reasons many have posted.
I feel the same way about Christianity. I come from a Catholic family. Are my family evil? No.

Where did I learn about Islam? I have many friends who are Muslim, Arabs.

Is it all taken out of context, of cos it is, but that dont mean it isnt real.

If we gave the Vatican absolute power of Europe again, guess what will happen?

Same goes for Islam and that is why the Islamic countries are so messed up.

The Arab people I know are normal people so I cannot condem an entire race cos that is just bs.

But it doesnt take to much to realise that religion is a problem. Islam is the problem right now, cos we in our countries have managed to control our religions. Sadly in that side of the World its not under control and it is dangerous when hijacked by extremists and fanatics.

This is not to say that I might not believe in creation. One thing I do believe is religion creates nothing but a constant state of gloomy terror. The inquisition anyone?

So Islam is just the same im sorry.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I can't believe how many people on ATS actually believe these "terrorists" attacks were done by muslims. Jeez.

Here's a great article.

It wasn't muslims

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I try to get things from "the horse's mouth" as it were.

Frankly, reading the actual texts and listening and reading the "scholars" is more than enough to utterly offend me and be sure I will fight even an Islamic large minority finding a home in my country.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Long before Sep 11 when I was at school one of my school friends/aquaintances was a Muslim. He was staying with his sister one weekend in an appartment she was happily renting with her fiance. Unfortunately, her father had other ideas on who she was expected to marry as he had already arranged it and so he turned up at the appartment and proceeded to stab his own daughter over 30 times, killing her and wounding his son who tried to stop him.

His son then stayed with a close friend of mine and his family and they looked after him for months at great risk to themselves as he was the only witness and was expected to testify against his father to ensure the conviction. As it turns out, he had no intention of testifying anyway and instead stole everything out of their house, sold it and sent back a smiling photo of himself sitting in the plane on his way to Lebanon.

His father was never convicted.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Seagle

Some of the nicest people I've met are Lebanese.

Of course, there is also the Lebanese mob in town that flies colours, beats their wives, and keep white women as prostitutes and if they don't obey those women are threatened with having their children removed to Lebanon or being raped, and treated as slaves. Like being held over balconies by their throats while their "friends" "play" with the children in the livingroom in her sight.

Oh, and they are corrupt vote fixing bastards too.

You might guess from the details, that these examples are real life examples.

One of the restaurants I go to is run by a wonderful Lebanese woman. The men there who look at my daughters - 6 and 9 - like they are disgusting insects they wish they could crush aren't overly appetizing though.

All practicing Muslims being described above.

I'd give the examples of hiding teenage girls from their parents so that they won't be sent overseas for a "family vacation" that involves being married off - but that's not exclusively Islam. Several of the girls I've seen that happen with are Hindu.
edit on 2011/4/18 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
I can't believe how many people on ATS actually believe these "terrorists" attacks were done by muslims. Jeez.

Here's a great article.

It wasn't muslims

most pathetic excuse for proof in a website ive ever seen concocted.............

Yes they were muslims...........what they WERENT was Iraqi or Afghani , they were Arab............but yes, tho they were extremist they WERE muslim.......
edit on 18-4-2011 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

It started in 2004/2005 for me. Although 9/11 was a bad thing, it didn't change my outlook on most Muslims. However, after moving back to Europe I noticed a strong trend. It usually goes like this: "Muslims VS Non-Muslims". Just the other day, a "moderate" Muslim said, "Damn Christians" because a Norwegian company demanded a fee of some sort.

But back in 2004, I was at a party where a Muslim youth (and from what I heard is "moderate") asked me and another English speaking fellow if "you liked the gift we gave you". We were both confuzzled, not knowing what he was referring to before saying, "9/11". Since then, I've been very weary. I've also come to believe that the so called "moderate" Muslims aren't really moderate at all, they just don't want to be put on any lists anywhere so they keep their beliefs to themselves.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

Originally posted by mayabong

Here's a great article.

It wasn't muslims

most pathetic excuse for proof in a website ive ever seen concocted.............

Yes they were muslims...........what they WERENT was Iraqi or Afghani , they were Arab............but yes, tho they were extremist they WERE muslim.......
edit on 18-4-2011 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

Your right, most were Saudi. Glad to see someone is so sure it was Arab men with boxcutters. Was it the passport in the rubble that swayed your opinion on that one? looks like flouride and american idol are doing their job. clap clap.

EDIT: I'd love to see the actual things on that site that you consider pathetic. Please do tell.
edit on 18-4-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

first of all, I dont watch American Idol...........sorry

2nd, you first must know what you are talking about............

Youre a muslim apologist, youve proved this repeatedly in your threads because you refuse proof even when presented........then you retaliate .......

3rd.. Everyone knows they were muslim extremist, the cockpit recordings made that clear.... the issue that was in question is where they were from........

that being said, I dont have any dislike for muslims.............extremist on the other hand........yeah.....watch your back around them

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

So all the people who called thier loved ones from the hijacked planes, and told of the muslims who had taken control of the plane after killing people before them lied???

Dont mistake the need to cause the towers to fall a certain way, for anything other then that. Stop the deception we know dam well who was on the planes...

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

I"m not a muslim apologist, I think all religions are retarded.

The only one that got a good deal out of this was Israel. Look at all the Zionist Jews involved in 911 and in the Government at the time. Silverstein, Chertoff, Zelikow, Pearle, Wolfawitz, Feith, Wurmser, Zakheim.. and like 1000 more.

Of course then all you need is people like Wolf Blitzer (former AIPAC lobbiest) to tell you it was muslims and of course the american people believe him cause he has a nice beard.

Just the simple fact that people are attacked for questioning the official story shows you that there is something to hide.

Not to turn this into a 911 thread but this has everything to do with 911. Israel's enemies needed to be America's enemies. With their control over the media, its very easy. People, believe anything they see on the most trusted news sources. lol

Oh look i went from a muslim sympathizer to an anti-semite. (thats always the next attack mode) lol

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I don't seem to comprehend your point in all of this. You keep insisting on people telling you when and where they first encountered the Islamic faith as if it matters. Truth is, it doesn't. Islam has never changed, the Koran has never changed, Nothing has changed in the 1500 years the religion has been around. And thats the problem!! It's never evolved away from it's barbaric, blood thirsty ways.

Any religion is bad, but any religion that teaches you to kill those who don't believe in should not be accepted in modern society.

Keep in mind that most people you encounter now a days, experianced 9/11 as a part of their lives.

I'm actually more curious about what your stance on the Islamic faith is. What's your take on thier reputation of being brutal remorsless killers? Do you condone what they do in the name of Allah?

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Really? If you think all religions are retarded, then why is it a vast majority of your threads are attacking Israel and jews, and youve also claimed to be Muslim?

Try and pull that crap on someone else it wont work on me.........

Ive stated my opinion on this thread, and im done with it...........

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

Really? If you think all religions are retarded, then why is it a vast majority of your threads are attacking Israel and jews, and youve also claimed to be Muslim?

Try and pull that crap on someone else it wont work on me.........

Ive stated my opinion on this thread, and im done with it...........

Uh I've never claimed to be muslim. If you can find that thread I'd love to see it. Of course.

The 911 commission report was put out by a dual citizen Isareli. Zelikow. Everything went through him.

If you'd like to put your trust in a Dual Citizen (that actually wrote the Iraq preemptive war strategy too) go right ahead. I'll choose not to believe a dual citizen who puts another country before the US. Getting called names isn't that bad at least I can think for myself.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

first of all, you have and ill find it...

Second i have no idea what nonsense your on about, and it has NOTHING to do with this thread, but thats your usual MO....

3rd, I can think for myself , just because YOU dont agree with it doesnt make it so...........

4. Dont preach to me about Iraq or Afghanistan or any of that, i spent a great amount of time in both areas.......

im done here

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join