It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Mad' Mike Hughes to Jump Grand Canyon in Home-Made Limo-Rocket!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I found this to be interesting and I dont know if anyone else will or not...I read this and I was like "people are still doing this stuff?...i thought that this dare-devil stuff fizzed out with Evil Knievel's son...I have one that has always been facinated in Evil and his crazy stunts he would perform..That guy was a legend...He sacrificed his body to perform wjat he loved doing and for his fans...Even though he was crazy still much respect for the man...So I guess this Mad Mike guy is going to try to jump the Grand Canyon in his home made rocket ship...

GRAND CANYON, AZ - "Mad" Mike Hughes, an aspiring, amateur daredevil, plans to jump his home-made rocket ship over the Grand Canyon on Labor Day, September 5, 2011. The stunt will accomplish what Evil Knievel failed to do during his attempted jump of the Grand Canyon in 1974. Since 2007, Mike has been building the X-2 SkyLimo, a "super-heated, steam-powered" one-passenger rocket in the backyard of his Redlands, California home.

"I've been working on the SkyLimo for quite a while and now I'm happy to report that all system are go!" says Mike. "The world has waited 36 years to see someone complete this jump and I'm gonna make it happen. There's been numerous technical, financial and governmental obstacles placed in my way, but we've got past each and every one. It's time to get to the launch pad and blast-off on this JOURNEY OF A LIFETIME!"

Mike hand-built the rocket and received guidance from an impressive group of rocket engineers, including a consultation by Bob Truax who was the original designer of Evil Kneivel's famous X-2 SkyCycle. "There is no doubt, technically, that this rocket will make the jump," says Mike. "The only question is whether I'll be able to hang on and what type of condition I'll be in on the other side of that canyon!"

The guy sounds like he has some wired crossed or is missing some marbles butit at least seems like its gonna be an interesting event..

ARTICLE

Mad Mike Site

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

i would love to see that.. weather he makes it or not lol

join