It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr Death suicide film being shown in schools: Euthanasia fanatic gives workshop on how to kill yours

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000

Originally posted by KrypticCriminal

Before I discovered that God was real nothing would have dissuaded me from supporting euthanasia. No matter what you say, because they don't accept the possibility of hell, they will continue saying that it's okay to kill oneself if the pain is unbearable. There's nothing anyone who knows the reality of hell can do to inform them of where they might be going and how it might be worse than any torture in this life.

If you knew what euthanasia is then you'd know that its not a person killing themselves. It people being helped to die with. Theres a big difference. [/quote

Sorry i misunderstood what you said.

edit on 18/4/11 by KrypticCriminal because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Before I discovered that God was real nothing would have dissuaded me from supporting euthanasia. No matter what you say, because they don't accept the possibility of hell, they will continue saying that it's okay to kill oneself if the pain is unbearable. There's nothing anyone who knows the reality of hell can do to inform them of where they might be going and how it might be worse than any torture in this life.

If you knew what euthanasia is then you'd know that its not a person killing themselves. It people being helped to die with. Theres a big difference.

If euthanasia is permissible, suicide when one is in great pain is permissible too. What's the grand difference between asking someone to kill you and doing it yourself?

I suppose tecnicaly euthanasia is'nt suicide its permitted taking of life.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

If you knew what euthanasia is then you'd know that its not a person killing themselves. It people being helped to die with. Theres a big difference.

If euthanasia is permissible, suicide when one is in great pain is permissible too. What's the grand difference between asking someone to kill you and doing it yourself?

I suppose tecnicaly euthanasia is'nt suicide its permitted taking of life.

If a man asks another to kill him with cyanide, is it euthanasia or is it suicide?

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

like i said its permitted taking of life. It would only be suicide if he took it himself.

Edit to add.....

Euthanasia is just the word that describes the act.

The same way murder or manslaughter are words which describe non permitted taking of life.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vicky32

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
You are clearly paranoid ararisq. Assisted suicide for the terminally ill is more ethical than forcing people to suffer in incredible pain and indignity to the point of death for the benefit of those who believe it's the dominion of a sky fairy.

I get the feeling that you probably look for hidden conspiracies everywhere. How you joined the abstract dots above and came to your conclusions is rather worrisome.

IRM

Aside from ought else, it's clearly not a non-issue.
InfaRedMan, are you angry-atheist much?

No... an atheist that can clearly demonstrate critical thinking which is often something lacking in those reliant upon 'faith' and fairytales.

Cheers,
IRM

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   

If a man asks another to kill him with cyanide, is it euthanasia or is it suicide?

Regardless, it's illegal - that is to say "He asked me to kill him, officer" is not a defence against a charge of murder, at least not here in New Zealand...
Vicky

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

You merely have different axioms you base reality on. Had you have the same axioms as theists it wouldn't suddenly make you unable to think critically.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

Faith does not constitute critical thinking. By default a person of faith accepts the concept of a god with absolutely no empirical evidence and in many cases, without so much as a question. Where is the critical thought in that? If one were to think critically, they could only arrive at the conclusion that there is no proof of a god beyond simple superstition and a poor understanding of how the universe works.

IRM

top topics

<< 1   >>

join