It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti radiation foods and comon sense....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
www.activistpost.com...

Dont know what, if any advice the goverment is peddling, about the sure to be cumulative radiation levels world wide, but this article has some very down to earth discussion of eating healthy doods to counter radiations effects.
Not a cure for radiation sickness, just a good ole preventative diet.
Theres damn little of this type info out there for parents and stuff...thought it was worth sharing....
read on.........

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I've seen this quote on several sites and it seems pretty right on with avoiding sugars and filling yourself with good nutrients.

According to Michio and Aveline Kushi, in his book Macrobiotic Diet, Michio Kushi states: β€˜At the time of the atomic bombing of Nagasaki in 1945, Tatsuichiro Akizuki, M.D., was director of the Department of Internal Medicine at St. Francis Hospital in Nagasaki. Most patients in the hospital, located one mile from the center of the blast, survived the initial effects of the bomb, but soon after came down with symptoms of radiation sickness from the radioactivity that had been released. Dr. Akizuki fed his staff and patients a strict macrobiotic diet of brown rice, miso* and tamari soy sauce soup, wakame and other sea vegetables, Hokkaido pumpkin, and sea salt and prohibited the consumption of sugar and sweets. As a result, he saved everyone in his hospital, while many other survivors in the city perished from radiation sickness.’”

The source has other ideas that I didn't know about. Source
Also I know sulfer springs are supposed to be good for your health.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by BunnyBeHoppy

Thanks for posting this. I have The Macrobiotic Way by Michio Kushi.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
More doom and gloom can be found here

www.globalresearch.ca...

Aparently we are into the Billions of Baquerels of radiation released and counting.......
There is serious concern for the ocean in the vicinity of the plant and beyond.
Fish stocks may be wiped out or contaminated for decades to come...
There is warnings in France for mothers who are expecting, and young children to stay away from drinking milk, and leafy veges.....
We are not being informed properly, it is aparent to me at least.....
The Fukishima disaster is gonna be the worst thing to hit our species since Chernobyl.
How many more contaminated areas of our plante are there really out there now?
How many more can we expect if this drive for nuclear power keeps up?
We have to find alternatives , not now ,but right now....!

new topics

top topics

join