It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Bank president: 'One shock away from crisis'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

World Bank president: 'One shock away from crisis'

www.bbc.co.uk

The president of the World Bank has warned that the world is "one shock away from a full-blown crisis".

Robert Zoellick cited rising food prices as the main threat to poor nations who risk "losing a generation".

He was speaking in Washington at the end of the spring meetings of the World Bank and International Monetary Fund.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
We basically knew this for months now, but makes me wonder why we are hearing it now from the president of the World Bank.

As far as I know, he himself can directly ease this crises?

Slowly I am seeing food prices rise here in Canada. Especially on produce, but I thought it was just a reflect of the bad weather world-wide this year... Until everything else went up to, [most likely due to gas prices].

Now with more wars breaking out in the M.E and statements like these... really makes you wonder what we are in for.

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Good catch. That IS a big admission.

But. "One shock away from crisis," meaning what? A full out publicly admitted nuclear meltdown in Japan? Another major quake or oil disaster? Greece defaulting on their debt? Weird weather wiping out crops in the US breadbasket? The Canadian or Russian wheat fields? ...What's a "shock" in this environment? ...and has it already happened?

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Hmm...good thing I'm not from a poor nation...plenty of food here where i live. Lots of walleye to catch up on Lake Winne this summer and venison to kill. Really, do you seriously think we up here, are gonna starve? And really, Canadian Dream, are you really that concerned 'bout the rest of the world and whether or not they have enough to eat? I think perhaps, not.
edit on 17-4-2011 by queenofsheba because: spelling

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

I have the awful feeling that the "one shock" is going to be a false flag attack

Second
edit on 17-4-2011 by Skerrako because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skerrako

I have the awful feeling that the "one shock" is going to be a false flag attack

Second
edit on 17-4-2011 by Skerrako because: (no reason given)

Yeah, I take this more as notification. Probably after he's finished speaking he gives the signal on the way to his limo....

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Let er rip!

I am so sick of the whole rotten system I am ready for it to all come tumbling down! I know I'll probably regret it when it does happen and ask myself what was I thinking. However that is how I feel at the moment.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
One shock ? Saudis are going to cut the crude production by 800 000 barrels a day. This would put the price above 150 $ , would that count of r a shock ?

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420

Slowly I am seeing food prices rise here in Canada. Especially on produce, but I thought it was just a reflect of the bad weather world-wide this year... Until everything else went up to, [most likely due to gas prices].

Now with more wars breaking out in the M.E and statements like these... really makes you wonder what we are in for.

In the video attached to the article, you can see the full quote, which was "Of particular concern is food prices. This is 'the biggest threat to the world's poor, where we risk losing a generation." emphasis mine. This is hardly new information. Rising food prices on basics like corn soy palm oil etc, that the poorest of the poor live on are becoming too expensive to afford. He, IN NO WAY, is referring to a global collapse of order where affluent middle class N Americans with computers will be starving.

You are seeing some food prices rise, especially on packaged non-essential items, but i suspect you can still easily afford bread milk grains and beans, much less soya and palm oil.
edit on 17-4-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
i already posted this

yesterday

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Crisis my A*S

These guys have all the money THEY need

this is just his way of saying"Look out you peasantly plebs - coz at the drop of a hat we're gonna cut you guys off"

and it makes me wonder WHICH country's poor he's talking about
coz here in Australia right now bananas are $12 a kilo and ONE MEASLY little cauliflower is over $7

yet my friends in INdia tell methat this week they are still paying R1 (2 cents) per banana and 12 cents for a cauliflower (nice and plump)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
monsanto is among the main reasons fro rising food costs.
and the sh#t called round up ready poisons the soil/water/birds/fish - it will even cause death to any unfortunate that decides to cut through a freshly sprayed field of socalled soy - rather synthesized garbage.

Monsanto strangles the independent on a world wide basis.

see Jeff Smith :
www.seedsofdeception.com...
edit on 18-4-2011 by jibajaba because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Maybe We can wrest control, as Humanity, from the World Bank. I offer ideas on how to do that in two threads. Please read the OP's in The End of Entropy (the foundation - read first) and The Ethical Planitarian Party Platform (the structure), linked in my sig.

Thanks for bringing this to ATS, CD420.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Given that we KNOW these people want a crisis (to take advantage of) this seems important:

April 20th Coming Up - Remember Deepwater Horizon Explosion?

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow

Good catch. That IS a big admission.

But. "One shock away from crisis," meaning what? A full out publicly admitted nuclear meltdown in Japan? Another major quake or oil disaster? Greece defaulting on their debt? Weird weather wiping out crops in the US breadbasket? The Canadian or Russian wheat fields? ...What's a "shock" in this environment? ...and has it already happened?

he propperly ment no bonus for the bankers at the end of the year.......

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenofsheba

Hmm...good thing I'm not from a poor nation...plenty of food here where i live. Lots of walleye to catch up on Lake Winne this summer and venison to kill. Really, do you seriously think we up here, are gonna starve? And really, Canadian Dream, are you really that concerned 'bout the rest of the world and whether or not they have enough to eat? I think perhaps, not.
edit on 17-4-2011 by queenofsheba because: spelling

Can't say I'm TOO surprised no one else noticed they are taking this way out of context,but it's nice to know at least one other person actually read beyond the headline. star for you!

top topics

join