It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"This is the last nail in Saleh's coffin." Yemen is About to Erupt!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
The conflict in Yemen is at a breaking point, around 250,000 marched on the capital today met with deadly force.

Security forces opened fire on protesters in the capital on Sunday as marchers neared the office of the special forces, headed by Saleh's son. Witnesses said the forces fired live ammunition, and used tear gas and water cannons to disperse the crowd. Security agents chased protesters in side streets.

This has been gaining momentum for over a month and now it is reaching and epic tipping point. I do not know much about the country or regional politics so I have no idea what this could lead to.......but I still feel very bad for those in the situation.

Will Saleh leave like Mubarak?

Or will he order an armed clampdown like Bahrain?

Abdul-Malek al-Youssefi, an activist and a protest organizer, said the latest protest wave could well be "the last nail in Saleh's coffin."

LINK

Please, your thoughts.
edit on 17-4-2011 by Skerrako because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-4-2011 by Skerrako because: link

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Skerrako

i dont know enough to make a comment .. about Yemen..

but firing on countrymen/women/children,,, just protesting ,, must stop all around the world..

God forbid it happens here, like it's happening over there.... but it might..... it might HAVE to come to that!

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by darrman

most likly will come to that in many places, not just the middle east that's if we really want change..

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Source for the quotes so I can further my research please.

Well according to all the rumors I been hearing, Yemen is next on the US list.
So if we get involved there, I'd say the plan is coming into fruition.

Seems like another uprising is brewing in yet another nation in the Arab world.
I haven't heard a lick from any media outlets yet.

Wonder if the US will actually spread itself too thin?
Gonna keep an eye on this one.

edit on 17-4-2011 by havok because: added a request.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by havok

Sorry, Link added in opening post and here

www.mail.com...-stage-subhero1-4

I do not think China and the rest of the BRICS will stand for any more foreign countries directly interfering in sovereign issues, If there is a UN resolution I am quite sure it will be vetoed. Will we see a non-UN sanctioned action?

I heard a rumor a long time ago the to form a world government that the Security council must be dissolved. Maybe they will finally implement that and then invade? In that situation not one would even be able to veto the Anglo-U.S. powers

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Skerrako

Saleh should have immediately held an election, after all Yemen is already a Democracy, Saleh acted arrogantly and now he is paying the price, another US puppet falling.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by P3ACE0WAR

Well it looks like elections will be held whether he wants them or not.

To me it looks as if this is a closed situation, and may not have any debilitating effects on the region.

But then again I do not know much about Yemen and Regional influences and the effects of a destabilized government.

The U.S. says it will become a thriving ground for terrorists, but nowadays what isn't?

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
If Saleh falls so will Mad Gad and visa versa. Who next I wonder!

new topics

top topics

join