It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would life go on as usual after the fall of the US empire?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nephalim
I dont get what people mean by the fall of the US empire, is that meant like total doom or something? Or just a dooded up way to say that the US will be just another country?

I dont consider us an empire now, never have.. maybe its just me.
edit on 17-4-2011 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

look up how many foreign countries the US has military bases in, it's staggering.

I think it's like 60 countries. I am not posting it here myself because I'm still getting up to speed on the rules around here.

the US also has a few territories. it's not like rome in it's heyday, but the US's influence certainly is not limited to the continental 48 either

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

Yea its like 7 hundred and 30 somethin bases or whatever.
So what? aside from that number being too high according to some, the deliberate crash of our economy proves otherwise.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I think we can use the Hurricane Katrina aftermath as a microcosm. Once the infrastructure collapsed in New Orleans it was mass chaos. Same with the L.A. riots. Both of these can be used as a glimpse into what life will be like when this country finally collapses.

I have said it before and I will say it again. We Americans could learn a lot by studying the actions of the Japanese following the disaster there.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nephalim
reply to post by syrinx high priest

Yea its like 7 hundred and 30 somethin bases or whatever.
So what? aside from that number being too high according to some, the deliberate crash of our economy proves otherwise.

it is a way to look at the US as an empire in the first place, which is kinda the point of the thread. I found a source that claims the US has 255,000 troops in 63 foreign countries, not counting the active wars.

you can make the case the US is at the very least a military and financial empire, just not a true empire in occupied or held territories outside of it's original borders, a la Rome

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

powerful empires have collapsed before, soon after the new government comes in and hopefully this one will try to fix the problems the last one created that got them overthrown

new topics

<< 1   >>

join