It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That was great!!! The best thing I think I have seen since joining ATS......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Just a few moments ago a thread was posted had a tilte like ".its here ufos seen and confirmd ny government"..the thread failed to provide nothing but hearsay but posters were still flagging and starring the hell out of it....for reasons I still dont and probably wont understand....provided in the thread was nothing more than a conversation and a flse statement saying it was all over the news and even stated that the government came out and said the it was true...

When I first read it I laughed but figured I would at least post some videos since the op failed to...when I got back to thread it had 8 flags and 6 stars but for what? there was no proof and some gullable members decided to flag it believing the op...its a joke how the system is abused like that..bumping threads like tat one up so fast for nothing...the op claimed that he would be back soon with vids and links to articles and im like wow its gonna be awhile because i searched all news coming from that area and not a thing was reported....

but soon enough the mods stepped in and realized that nonsense was being believed and noticed the excesive flagging of the thread that didnt deserve it and shut it down faster than it went up....i love seeing the mods step in on threads like that and taking care of business...not lallowing it to be bumped up the list whee it didnt belong....

I dont know why people are always complaining abot the mods...i have realized that if it wasnt for them then we would be stuck reading complete nonsense. so i appreciat what the job the mods do..theei the ones that make sure that ignorance is sury denyed....

i figured i would post this because it made my day seeing that happen the way it did...and for those that abuse the flagging system like that should be ashamed...why flag things like that up so others fall into figuring its something worth reading when its nothing but bs...people need to start respecting te starand flag system and using it with better control then what they do...dont flag up everything that has good title or something..if you want star the hell out of it but keep the flags for threads that deserve them please...

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Most boring post on ATS

Waste no time here.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

You shouldn't Mock him till he comes forward with His '' Proof ''.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaSynthesis
Most boring post on ATS

Waste no time here.
how rude!! lol

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaSynthesis
Most boring post on ATS

Waste no time here.

Oh, it wasn't that boring. Just an opinion; take it or leave it....

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by YoungMind92

thats the thing there is no proof and there never was....so you can wait for it if you want but i think its pointless to waste time when you can search it yourself and you will see nothing about what he was speaking of

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
There was a comet Elenin thread like that the other day.

The guy was saying "I've got a source in NASA. I'll post info when I can."

30+ pages, a bazillion stars and flags...zero proof.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I think some people Flag threads so the can keep track of them.
Stars are given so the thread can get attention and more people can get invovled in a discussion.
I was actually a lil disappointed that the Thread closed... Should he change the title of the Thread? Yes but people sensationalize to get people to check it out. Closing it was kinda silly.

Did you look at some of the vids from Youtube? Looked liked something worth looking into to me.
Shutting the conversation down is just more Ignorance Denying what the Ignorant deem Ignorant with Ignorance.
Title change was all that was needed.
edit on 17-4-2011 by Numb2itall because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaSynthesis

boring post? ok...i find it to be boring and a waste of time when people get sucked in to threads like the one that was mentioned...its your opinion and youre entiteled to it...to eachs own i guess...
edit on 17-4-2011 by gdaub23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I saw the same post, hoping there was some truth to it. Watched one of the videos you or someone else posted and it was pretty interesting to say the least. Hope the OP comes back with some kind of evidence, but I think making a thread about it was a little too much.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Authenticated

i only used that one as an example of how the flag system is abused and used for nonsence...it wasnt meant to intentionaly pick on him...it happens all the time...and pretty soon the mods will do their job again and come along and close me up too....

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

I didn't say I believed him, It's a thing called giving him the benefit of doubt.
Also note my usage of the quotation marks when I said '' Proof ''.

edit on 17/4/2011 by YoungMind92 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
This vid just popped up on google.
I'm not sure about the Examiner as being a reliant source but there's something going on in Russia.

www.examiner.com... d-phenomena-in-national/huge-ufo-sighting-filmed-during-daytime-russia-video

more and more videos poppin up!

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Numb2itall

but the op was mentioning that the russian government was confirming and said it was in the news and after looking there wasnt one thing mentioned in any that i read...and you would think that anything to do with governments and aliens would at least be mentioned especially on the st petersburg newspaper site..but nothing

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by YoungMind92

sorry for jumping on your post like that...i should read them more carefully before deciding to reply to them

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by gdaub23
reply to post by Numb2itall

but the op was mentioning that the russian government was confirming and said it was in the news and after looking there wasnt one thing mentioned in any that i read...and you would think that anything to do with governments and aliens would at least be mentioned especially on the st petersburg newspaper site..but nothing

I can agree with you there. Could be sensationalized... could be that it's not happening as quick as you thought it would. Either way the Mods should have just made him change the title. not cut off discussion.
I remember finding out about the Swine Flu epidemic on here a couple of weeks before the MSM started talking about it.
Just because we have the Internet doesn't make all information instantaneous... as nice as that would be!
Look at the vids they are from at least 2 or more weeks ago.
I guess we wait and see what comes of it.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Reply to gdaub23

Yeah, way low, about the lowest of low of what is on Ats that crosses the minds eye, whenever you pass by the forums of the otherwise insightful mind food lol.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

No problem, Mistakes happen.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
A point of clarification though..

We do NOT moderate content...we only enforce the Terms and Conditions. You can post the most ridiculous theory you want, as long as you state it's a theory/belief/idea, etc.

It's when you make a claim of something being a FACT (vs. your opinion) and then are unable to back that up (or others prove it a false claim), that it then falls under the Terms and Conditions...

Of course, if a really "out there" theory, with little substance or evidence, you may find it moved to more speculative forums on the board.

top topics

join