It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK MoD Government Reveals "Devastating" Nuclear Sub Secrets by Accident

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

UK MoD Government Reveals "Devastating" Nuclear Sub Secrets by Accident

www.dailystar.co.uk

BUNGLING Ministry of Defence workers have laid bare ­Britain’s nuclear ­submarine secrets to our enemies.

A classified government report into the subs’ ­vulnerabilities has been published online with key parts blacked out to prevent ­sensitive material getting into the wrong hands.

But a massive blunder has meant anyone with basic computer knowledge could reverse the censorship – and read every word of the ­previously “restricted” report.

It reveals how easy it would be to cause a Fukushima.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
While the Daily Star wouldn't publish the uncensored parts, Cryptome has:

cryptome.org...

dkf ajsk fjd akfj dskf jksad fsdkfj skl dfjklas djflka sj fklsad jflks jfklsdj f klsd j fklasdjf kas djfk lsadjfk lsd fjk shjfhsdjfsh fjksa dh fjksdh fjkas dhfjks dahfj sdhfjksd hfdsjkf hsa djkfhjaskdf hasjd fsdkjf hs djfhdjf h djfdhjf ash jkfsah dfjkdhfjkd hf jdhfjah fjkasdh

www.dailystar.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by zuul000

This has become such the norm of this country and its so called security?

I cannot believe this. This has jeopardised so many sailors lives. Heads should definately roll on this one, but with such an inept, out of his depth PM, nothing will happen.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I would hardly call the redacted parts "devastating". Yes, there is some sensitive info there, but it is very technical and addresses mainly Health and Safety practices with regards to operation of the submarines nuclear power plant.

Looks like a risk assessment to me and, to be honest, wouldn't be much use to an enemy. In order to take advantage of the information contained within, they would need to get a chap on board a submarine and be willing to lay down his life in order to jeapordise it, namely by taking advantage of the perceived weaknesses in process and system design.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
an accident hey........

dodgy twats

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Ah, who is handling the Census data ?

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Good!

Maybe this is what it takes for people to start taking those 100's of nuclear plants throughout the world more seriously?

People already know we should find safer sources of energy.... but meh.... football is on.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
I would hardly call the redacted parts "devastating". Yes, there is some sensitive info there, but it is very technical and addresses mainly Health and Safety practices with regards to operation of the submarines nuclear power plant.

Looks like a risk assessment to me and, to be honest, wouldn't be much use to an enemy. In order to take advantage of the information contained within, they would need to get a chap on board a submarine and be willing to lay down his life in order to jeapordise it, namely by taking advantage of the perceived weaknesses in process and system design.

You have already forgotten the Rusian plants that had been living here for 20 years?

There are plenty of those who wish us harm who would also lay down their life...

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978
reply to post by zuul000

This has become such the norm of this country and its so called security?

I cannot believe this. This has jeopardised so many sailors lives. Heads should definately roll on this one, but with such an inept, out of his depth PM, nothing will happen.

How has it endangered 1 single sailors life. This does not make any sence. Please explain it to me.

top topics

join