It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Meditates, Yoga, Chakras ect.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Just curious who here is practicing these wonderful methods. Hopefully I find some common ground with people, we may disagree on many things but hopefully we can agree on these

If you don't do these things or have tried and it didn't do anything I suggest sticking with it and not giving up. They can turn the worst of days into the best

Peace and harmony to you all,
An

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
No Yoga or chakra meditation for me. This video showed me how to meditate, and this is exactly how I meditate.

I also practice walking meditation.

These are the only two types of mediation I do.

peace, love, and light on your journey.
all the best,
Jacob

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I meditate, as a matter of fact I know how to apply knowledge of my chakras to the present physical world. The link to the mind and body connection is breath.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Thank you all for this lovely content, especially the videos.

reply to post by Mayura

Wow... you really have attained siddhis? That is impressive.. and cool.

Do you have any tips on how to strengthen my ESP?

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrjones7885
Just curious who here is practicing these wonderful methods. Hopefully I find some common ground with people, we may disagree on many things but hopefully we can agree on these

If you don't do these things or have tried and it didn't do anything I suggest sticking with it and not giving up. They can turn the worst of days into the best

Peace and harmony to you all,
An

I enjoy doing Yoga, Meditation, Pranayama and Chakra energy work (like working with crystals). I particularly like the deep relaxation that comes with the meditation, when I feel like my body no longer exists it is the greatest feeling. It would be wonderful if we could do this all the time, but to get even 10 minutes a day of breath work in is like taking a restorative nap. Thanks for starting up the post, I will be interested to see the responses from others.

Namaste,
YogaGinns

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I began wonderful Bikrim Hot Yoga last month. It is interesting, expanding. I have meditated in the past, relaxation response, hemisync, mindfulness, way back in the day spacing out to tangerine dream on a headset - but the whole practice of this Hot Yoga is meditation from start to finish - for me anyway.

I really float away at the end when we lay there and process with the lights dimmed.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I actually use the holy breath a lot throughout my day and in the privacy of the night I do various meditations usually about 2-3 hours worth a day. I like working with chi energy probably one of the most prominent energy. Stones are great they're good for pleasurable feelings and aligning chakra's.

I wanted to start this thread so we can start talking about meditations, spiritual experiences, and learn from eachother after all I find that meditating and communicating with energies is extremely important to not only the individual but the world. I myself have had a few revelations and am still working on deciphering them.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
I started with the Brama Kumaris raja yoga about ten years ago. It was quite an introduction, and although I left BK shortly after the introductory course, I still retain many of teachings I gathered there.

More recently I started doing the kundalini awakening, chakra alignment and third eye opening meditations. They are based on chakra visualization and inner and outer energy flux, and got me to wonderful states, but I came to realize chakra work is better done for me on a 'just dealing with daily experience' logic.
Still use those techniques for connection with the earth, the sun and the moon, and I have them to thank for developing a finer sensitivity to energy manifestations.

Currently, my practice revolves around a few methods I learned from Yongey Mingyur Rinpoche in one of his books: 'The Joy of Living: Unlocking the Secret and Science of Happiness'. It is as basic as it gets, practicing 'shinay' - non critical observation of the flow of thoughts - and then using anything, sounds, lights, feelings or images, anything, to center on the present moment, and finally practicing compassion.
This recent (past year or so) experience has been tremendously fulfilling. It has brought about a very positive transformation of my thought patterns and thus influenced my perspective on everything all of the time. It also helped me stop wrestling with the concept of void and the related imperative of silencing the mind. I frequently struggled and got caught in my preconceptions, and if anything, Rinpoche helps you understand that everyone does.

I understand now that there is no better method, as long as your intention is 'on'.

Other thing I learned is that you don't have to do it for hours. Few minutes, several times a day works fine for me.

S&F for posting this thread. I am grateful for the opportunity to learn and share.
edit on 19/4/11 by Alchemist13 because: I got a bit off topic in the end

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I have been practicing Transcendental Meditation (TM) for 24 years. It has completely changed my life. My wife could not believe the change it made in me, to the good of course, but it is a meditation that does need to be taught by someone that is a teacher or someone very knowledgeable in the mantra type of meditation. A good teacher is very important. The easiest meditation to learn that I have used also is called the breath mediation. You can search with 'Breath Meditation' to find many web sites that teach this type of meditation.
With TM meditation I experenced the "oneness with all things", but not during meditation. It happened after a meditation session while I was driving home. It only lasted a few seconds but that was enough to show me that this was my path to take. Always remember, do not try to stop a thought from comming into your mind when you are meditating. Thoughts are a natual process of meditation so you allow it to come into your mind naturally. Do not focus on the mantra to keep it in mind above all thoughts, you will get a headache. Always meditate effortlessly. Do not focus on your mantra or thoughts, let them flow naturally and effortlessly. When you have a thought and you want to go back to your mantra, begin replacing the thought with your mantra gently and not focusing on the mantra or the thought. Sounds hard I know be the key to meditation is to make it effortlessly. Just my two cents worth, hope it helps.

top topics

join