It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Under Water Microphone Captures Honshu,Japan Earth Quake

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
www.liveleak.com...

just thought people might be interested in this , have not seen any prior threads on this , some thoughts ?

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
my GOD that sound was terrifying , but was that a coincidence that they were recording at the same time ? or is it something done all the time ?

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Really an unbelievable sound, it seemed to me like a giant monster waking up...amazing how it goes out of scale! Great find, S+F

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Nephi1337

LOL looks like you beat me by minutes, and I was also informed this was posted a few days ago. It certainly is cool to hear the earthquake from that angle though. It proves how powerful these quakes really are.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
It blows me away that was 900 MILES AWAY!!! WATTT!?!?!?! That was for sure some pretty crazy sounds.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr UAE

I was sort of wondering the same thing?

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

If that's what it sounded like 900 miles away from the epicenter, I wonder what it sounded like right on top of the epicenter? That sound carried well over 900 miles but I'm sure there's some distortion over that distance.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

i was wondering the same thing , it almsot sounds like that rumbling noise everyone keeps talking about

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Imagine how this affected all the creatures of the ocean, particularly those that have sonar receptors and those with any kind of intelligence.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elostone
Imagine how this affected all the creatures of the ocean, particularly those that have sonar receptors and those with any kind of intelligence.

judging by the video , it looked as if their was a smaller quake before the bigger one , but i wonder how muck time apart they were , the audio was speed up about 16 times ,

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

I was located 15 miles from the epicenter of the Northridge, CA earthquake in I think it was 1992.
I was in my office, on a ground floor with a cement slab floor doing paperwork at the time it hit.

I vividly recall feeling 2 percussions beneath my feet, like someone had taken a hammer and hit the floor directly below my feet. Then, within a few moments, the earth began shaking.
I remember thinking at that moment, "WHAT was that"??? Then the EQ began in earnest.
So this may be a common signature of EQs...The 2 sharp initial percussions, followed by the main event.
Just my personal experience...

Peace

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Elostone

wow that is very tinresting indeed, i swear i can feel little shakes every now and then , its almost as if i feel a bit drunk for a second ,but most of the feeling is in my feet , its srange and it feels like the gorund is shaking , i have been feeling this allot ever since all the major earth quakes , my GF tells me i am crazy

join