It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel is paying internet workers to manipulate online content.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by gravitational
Hey smarty pants, it's Wikipedia.
You could have edit it yourselves if you knew how.
And what's the connection between the headline and the body of the video.
Where dose it says they are being paid ?

i think if you paid more attention to the video in question,you would see it's not just wikipedia,that session they were in at that time was about how to manipulate wikipedia (hence the man saying the goal of the day)

the women at the end of the video goes on to say it's important that they say the right side of the story which is her side of the story ????

but the part of the video i have a problem with is were the man at the start says
"we wanna be the guys that influence what's written how it's written and to ensure its balance and zionist in nature"

sorry but i have a problem with that.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMaverick

i am not jewish, nor will i ever be. but, having said that, the jewish people have every right to set things striaght. in the aftermath of near genocide during world war 2, there are still people that blame the jewish people and the jewish state for anything that goes wrong in the world today.
think about it for a minute...if the US government tried to completely wipe off the face of the map white christian people, killing millions and putting millions more in concentration camps, there would be LONG memories, and a defiance against anyone that tried to do that again.
are they actively changing wikileaks?...sure they are, where out and out lies are told, or misinformation rears its ugly head. one only has to put himself in their situation to understand why this is going on.
and besides ATS, there are hundreds more websites that call for out and out violence against these people, and IT IS EXTREME.
it seems there is alot of talk about arming yourself, forming anti-government groups, and activly talking about a violent revolution, and yet if the ADL talks about even defending itself in wikileaks, there are people on ATS that are enraged!
if those people would calm down and look at this from the jewish side of things, you might get a different picture of this.
now, i'm not naive enough, that i don't think there are elements in the jewish state that like to keep thiings stirred up, or even work to create enemies where there are none, but this can be said for every government. unfortunely, these few people are the ones that get the most attention, and the most press coverage, thus fanning the flames of hate and distrust even more. we here on ATS pride ourselves on "denying ignorance", and that means being able to look at more than one side of an arguement and verifying "implied truths" as having some merit.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   

"we wanna be the guys that influence what's written how it's written and to ensure its balance and zionist in nature"

Exactly, how can it be balanced AND Zionist in nature? It can't. The IDF (internet defense force) and the morons using MEGAPHONE are out to taint to pool. You can easily pick them out from passionate individuals as passionate individuals usually have some reason for their beliefs and will attempt to show you.

Paid and unpaid morons are merely there to detract and distort. They will post up blatant lies, personal attacks, you name in. In some cases, if their trolling fails to have the desired effect. This is usually when they themselves start posting antisemitic crap in attempt to shut the entire thing down.

I've seen this on several forums and just about gave up trying to discuss anything online until I found this site. Real people outnumber the phonies here. And thankfully most people see through the garbage. There's a few that don't for their own reasons, and plenty of new users here just to post garbage.

This media campaign has been going for awhile now and it's no surprise. It's actually worked well for them, controlling the media, controlling the content on wikileaks, sending morons to sites like this to disrupt conversations. But the cat is out of the bag, we're on to the game and it's no longer working.

you can make all the fake facebook and twitter accounts you want, it makes little difference.

Here's a tip for you. If you really want to do a good job for Israel, stop calling everyone an antisemite. It's essentially wearing a giant red flag saying "disinfo". Now obviously some times that term applies, but for the most part it's used as a cry to drown out the opposition. We're on to it, even the Israeli supporters are onto this tactic. So maybe just use it when it's appropriate if you expect to win the information war.

Knowing that I am in no way antisemitic, I am proud to be labeled as such by the likes of those people as it proves to me not only am I right, I'm on the winning side.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Yes they are on this site, just look at 911 posts or any thing to do with israel. moaning about an anti tank weapon used against a bus. lol Wasnt that long ago the israelis used a missile from a F16 to take out an old man in a wheel chair. haha I can just see it now. israelis pilots with wheel chairs painted on their planes, as scores for kills. The whole thing is a joke. I just wish all these christians who back israel would go there and see what they think of christians. dont for get to wear a water proof coat, because you will be spat on in the street by our nice israeli friends.. hahaha

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

there are still people that blame the jewish people and the jewish state for anything that goes wrong in the world today.

Actually you are correct there is a tiny minority that blames Jews in general. That minority doesn't exist here friend. I only blame Israel (not even the people just the government) for the problems it has caused, which are plenty. but it's convenient for us to not be allowed to disagree with the genocide taking place in Gaza because some people somewhere hate jews. That's a load of crap.

And for the record, the holocaust say many millions of non jews killed too, but we're not allowed to talk about that.

The wikileaks editing has been exposed time and time again. you can try to convince yourself it's just jews trying to protect themselves from the rest of us liars, but the edits and content speak for themselves. Paid Israeli operatives (admitted) are editing wikipedia as such to give it a Zionist slant in all articles.

This in no way helps or protects "Jews" and you might educate yourself on the millions of anti-zionist jews who also oppose the genocidal policies of ISrael.

The life of a Jew, Muslim, Christian, Buddist, Hindu, etc etc is worth exactly the same to me. Guess I'm antisemitic.

I just wish all these christians who back israel would go there and see what they think of christians.

Yes, any christian should consider a trip to the holy land this holiday season and see how easily Christians can access all those sacred holy sites.

Personally I'd settle for a clear cut answer as to where Judaism/Jewishness ends and Zionism starts.
edit on 18-4-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by gravitational
Hey smarty pants, it's Wikipedia.
You could have edit it yourselves if you knew how.
And what's the connection between the headline and the body of the video.
Where dose it says they are being paid ?

Im sure most do it not for financial reward but out of desire to help further the cause (cyber warriors, so to speak), the fact there is an organisation that enthusiastically recruits members to defend it's cause on the internet is more the problem. Im sure you would have issues, had it been a group of muslims, being organised to change wikipedia pages to what they believe is "right".

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

With all due respect, I don't doubt this is true but after all, isn't almost everyone with an interest in anything doing the same thing? Consider the source, is still the best advice for any new uncorroborated and unverified information.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

genocidial policies of israel? really? please show me the documents of that policy. look, i'm no apologist for what "atrocites" have been carried out by israel. but, i do know if you beat a dog, don't be shocked when he bites you.
if hamas wanted peace in the gaza strip, why would they fire rockets into israel? this region of the middle east is filled with hatred and revenge, and there is alot of "special interests" that want to see that continue. i'm hoping that this never rears it's ugly head in america. the road to destruction is more easily traveled than the road of construction, and history provides plenty of evidence for that.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

Not for nothing but every country in the whole flipping world is paying someone to put some content on the web to sway someones opinion or manipulate facts.

This is crap. and bashing. Done here moving on.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

If Israel wants peace with a country surely it is not a good idea to illegally occupy it and use force against the people of that country to sustain and expand the occupation....and Hamas is just the 'new' problem Israel likes to point to in an attempt to make people like yourself somehow believe that they are the only roadblock to peace, this has been going on long before that.
edit on 18-4-2011 by Solomons because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I think these people are involved in a desperate rearguard operation which could backfire on them and make things worse because it makes them look as though they are deliberately setting out to deceive.

If you look at Israel today its involved in a civil war that started the day it was set up in 1948 and only shows signs of getting worse. Despite its far superior weaponry, It wanted to take Lebanon but couldn't and its neighbours, apart from Egypt are tersely cooperative and Its had a backlash from around the world about Gaza. That opened up verbal criticism that has rendered the anti-semetic laws it inveigled into most country's legal systems, less than effective when people across the world witnessed both the Lebonan and Gaza bombardments on tv in their lounges.

However it also has a darker secret which I suspect will do far more damage to its reputation than its own Government has and thats the Barnes Review on Auschwitz(.www.wintersonnenwende.com/Scriptorium/english/archives/articles/ccmoney.html)

When you look at photos of that Camp you see two lonely rail lines leading to a single large building, which suggests an isolated sombre and bare environment.

On the mainly Jewish and BBC sites about Auschwitz they say ' there are a number of roads leading to Auschwitz and the small town nearby of Oswiecim'. What they omit in both the photos and information about why the roads go there, is that it was situated in a huge complex of factories supplying the German War Effort. Buna Rubber Factory, IG Farben Factory to name a couple out of the dozens of others.

In the terms of the Wannsee Plan, any Auschwitz worker going into the Monowitz Industrial Complex had to have a number on their arm, used for identification and paying their wages. That is why British Soldiers on the Prisoner of War camps there were not numbered - no pay.

The workers from Auschwitz were essential for the German War Effort. They were paid by scrip printed specifically for use in stores, canteens, even brothels. This idea was conceived in ghettos in Lodz carried to the camps and still existed in Displaced Persons Camps after WW2.

A letter from Prisoner No 11647, Richard Geehr Block 28/3 Dachau K111, dated on Sept 8th 1940 to his relative in Lodz tells of him eating honey, marmalade, cookies, fruit and other food and not to worry about him.

There is a lot more information which I would guess many Jewish people today don't know about. This is certainly true for here as it is not included in the enforced teaching of the Holocaust in our schools. Obviously its on the net so its now available rather than buried.

I object very strongly to history being deliberately manipulated, even more so when the manipulators have the brass neck to face a camera and tell the world what they are doing. I also think its unnecessary because things have a built-in antennae for coming to light in all their splendour, however 'right' one would like to make them appear.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
one thing my superiors recommend is to "search" your own pen-name on google, bing, yahoo etc.

do this every once in a while and look at the results.

IF your name is targeted, it will surely show up, as it would be the whole point of somebody's rath.

mine routinely shows up for others using the same or similar name !!!!!

edit on 19-4-2011 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I'm not taking any sides here but I believe your thread title should read 'Israeli Government' instead of Israel.

Too many blame Israeli Government policies on Israel as a whole, suggesting the people of Israel are to blame for their government's actions.

And we all know governments very rarely listen to their people!

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Dastardly666

I wouldn't really say so, you could say the Israeli people are just as gullible to propaganda as many other countries peoples are. Looking at polls usually around 80 to 90% of Israelis supported Operation Cast Lead which was utterly barbaric and indefensible, around half a million Israelis live on illegally occupied land and have no problem bulldozing and throwing Palestinians out of their homes it seems. So victims of propaganda? yes...but they still support many of these actions, as do many westerners support their government after the media starts spamming them with propaganda.....only after they realize that they have been idiots do they start blaming everyone but themselves.
edit on 19-4-2011 by Solomons because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

I agree with most of what you said however we must not blame a whole race or nation for the actions of a few (government). What the past and present Israeli governments have done to the Palestinian people is despicable but to blame the whole nation of Israel is wrong and encourages further extremism both for and against Israel.

Yes some people are gullible. But its the Israeli government who blame the Palestinians and their allies for their problems as an easy way out to gain support. This is what Hitler did before and during WW2.

Like everywhere else, Israel has its fair share of extremists but not all Israelis are hate filled. The same could be said for Palestinians. And the same was said for Germans during WW2.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

when american government invades a country..the world blames the american's.

why does Israel get the exception....????

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

But its also wrong to blame the whole of America for their government's actions.

This is what feeds hate, racism and extremism.

It is wrong to hate a whole nation and their people because of their government's actions.

Governments come and go.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Notice how (starting about 5 or 6 posts above) the entire SUBJECT of this thread was persuaded to deviate from the OP??

THAT is exactly what these "infiltrators" do. They derail threads so people argue about the same old bull# ad'naseum until they're blue in the face and at the end of the day, everyone forgets what they were talking about to begin with.

Nice try guys. Nice try

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TXRabbit
Notice how (starting about 5 or 6 posts above) the entire SUBJECT of this thread was persuaded to deviate from the OP??

THAT is exactly what these "infiltrators" do. They derail threads so people argue about the same old bull# ad'naseum until they're blue in the face and at the end of the day, everyone forgets what they were talking about to begin with.

Nice try guys. Nice try

If you are suggesting I am an infiltrator then you are wrong and paranoid.

I already pointed out I am not a supporter of the Israeli government and their actions are wrong and I am neither Israeli or Jewish. I am merely pointing out that its wrong to blame a whole nation for the actions of a government which is what the title of this thread suggests.

Peace

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Not you my friend

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join