It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When TSHTF...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by darius2025

Originally posted by lonegurkha

Your generation (but only the ones like you) are the ones I wish would just die already. You don't seem to realize that the newer generations have it much worse... not 'despite of' but 'due to' exactly the things you state above. You grew a pair... as a result, your brain shrank and as a result, you now take it in the a$$.

Wow, what a horrible thing to say to someone.... to wish someone dead. Shame on you. If this is an example of the newer generations way of thinking than quite frankly you are part of the problem instead of being part of the answer. Please explain to me why it is that the older generations have made it worse for you? Not trying to be confrontational here...but I really am interested to know how you came to that conclusion. I am hoping you can explain it to me without the need to wish me dead and then verbalize that wish.

Blame for our current state of affairs can be spread equally throughout generational lines of distinction. Just as calls of action for changing the things we don't like can be achieved by bringing members of all generations together to solve the problem. Don't give in to divisions of hatred, divided there will be nothing that gets accomplished.

TO THE OP:

Acts of 'goodness' or 'kindness' are not always presented in grandiose actions. Like AskTheAnimals I was raised by parents who viewed these acts in a way that taught me to be humble about them. I do not go about them in a way as to point myself out. I do not require pats on the back or awards of recognition to know that I have made a difference in lives I've touched by the simple act of being a decent human being. Things that range from a simple hug to a person who feels lonely, planting a few extra veggies in my garden to share with people who would rather go without than to ask for what they see as a hand out, to spending a couple of hours on a friends back porch during a difficult time wiling away the afternoon in conversation and fellowship or in silence, to feeding the hungry in a soup kitchen or pounding nails at a Habitat home til I thought my arms would fall off. I want to be the change I want to see in the world, I want to put action to the words I speak and the beliefs I hold.

Want to know my example in life? My father, who is a retiree now. He stocks up on things like rice, beans, canned goods and so on and every now and again when he has enough to make up a 'box of goodies' he makes up a couple of boxes and goes for a drive in the community. He stops at random homes, you know the ones that usually people walk past with head down and quickened pace without acknowledging any human existance within. He leaves a box of goodies at their door, sneaks back into the car and drives off without letting them know who it was that did this. I asked him one time why he didn't stop long enough to let them know who he was and what he said has stuck with me for years and years now.... "Kindness and hope are the only names needed, mine is of no consequence".........

new topics

<< 1   >>

join