It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racist Orange County Republican Email: President Obama and His Parents Are Apes

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Source

The Weekly has obtained a copy of an email sent to fellow conservatives this week by Marilyn Davenport, a Southern California Tea Party activist and member of the central committee of the Orange County Republican Party.

Under the words, "Now you know why no birth certificate," there's an Obama family portrait showing them as apes.

Video inside

KCAL9 received a tip about a racist email circulated to some Republican Party members depicting President Obama’s parents as chimpanzees.

This week Marilyn Davenport, a Southern California Tea Party activist and member of the central committee of the Orange County Republican Party circulated what some are calling hate e-mail to an unknown number of her fellow conservatives.

Written under the words, “Now you know why — No birth certificate!”, is an Obama family portrait depicting his parents as chimpanzees.

When asked if she thought the email was appropriate, Davenport is quoted as saying, “Oh, come on! Everybody who knows me knows that I am not a racist. It was a joke. I have friends who are black. Besides, I only sent it to a few people–mostly people I didn’t think would be upset by it.”

Former Chairman of the California Republican Party Michael Schroder has demanded Davenport’s resignation saying it’s not her first brush with racist rhetoric.

They always say that it's just a joke or satire. Really classy people there.

Just unbelievable, it's a classic denial of a closeted corrupt mindset.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Well, this is not going to end pretty!
Ladies and Gentlemen we're in for a long ride today!

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
and just how is this racist?

i been called an ape by a lot of women in my past as well as alot of other names.

and just how many emails were sent out of gwb depicting him as an ape.

is it just a one way street and fain outrage just because its a democrat and totally acceptable when they do it to republicans.

meh.

jasonjeffrey.wordpress.com...

edit on 17-4-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

Its funny how the birther issue is really heating up and then you find stories like this. It makes me wonder if this nothing but a game to sway the sheep away from the truth. I dont think they would do that or use race to further their fight to hide the truth but you never know.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Oh, for God's sakes! This is not a "racist republican email" It's a viral pic going around all over the internet these past few days. I've received this probably half a dozen times so far. I don't think it is particularly funny, myself, but it's a stretch to call it "racist."

It's just a stupid, juvenile joke. Let it go. Jesus! Click, delete. It's easy.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Funny, if it has anything to do with insulting Obama it's racist, yet President Bush was portrayed as a mokey/ape numerous times as satire. Guess those claiming this is racist have their racism showing. Get over it and find something else to complain about.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
yes, it is total racism it has nothing to do with the Big Ears,
It wouldn't matter what race Obama is, He would still look like a chimp.... It is the Ears not the skin

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
We all came from monkeys.... no big deal

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Agreed that this is much to do about nothing.

I can't count all the parodies and cartoons, and photo manipulations about Bush.

It was all funny then, why not now?

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I don't know about Obama's parents, and really don't care to be honest. However, I think both Bush, his father and Obama are apes, as they are all aggressive, tribal warmongers who do nothing but cause harm to this country and others in the name of petty ideals and tribal beliefs that oppose other warring tribes.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
And when any white guy is depicted as an ape it insulates he's an idiot because it's insulting to our intelligence. When it's a black guy it's racist because one of the derogatory terms racists whites have used towards blacks is in fact "monkey".

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I think the context is important.

Any picture of any person wouldn't necessarily be construed as racist.

But, walk up to a random black person and call him a monkey. You'll most likely get punched in the face, and not because he assumed you were calling him an idiot.

The picture as I understood it included something along the lines of "now you know why we can't find a birth certificate".

That's not portraying him as an idiot.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

I think it's absolutely hilarious that when ever a monkey of any kind is referenced to a black person they automatically assume it's racist. It's like a subconscious Freudian slip. Let's mark that down on the list of things we can't say or picture around blacks ... primates..

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
for those unaware of the history of Orange County and who "built it"... K.I.G.W. yes, that KKK. no joke. but hey it was the nicest part of socal as far as crime was concerned.

the roots of the klan are deeeeeeep there, i lived in socal 93-2008 off and on.

oops, did I somehow break another ATS censorship rule..time will tell

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
People keep asking why the Bush/monkey is not racist but the Obama/monkey is. The answer is simple: Bush looks like a monkey therefore he was depicted as one. Obama does not look like a monkey and the only reason people would compare him to one is because he is black. Calling black people monkeys is an established racist comparison.

Quit playing dumb, guys; you all know why it's racist.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThaLoccster
I think the context is important.

Not only context, but history. This Davenport woman stood up to defend the guy who sent the email with watermelons growing on the front lawn of the White House and she also defended the guy who said he didn't want grass because it would attract Mexicans.

Hey, if it looks like a racist and quacks like a racist...

In February 2009, Los Alamitos Mayor Dean Grose, another Orange County Republican, emailed the White House watermelon image and then apologized. While others demanded he step down, Davenport defended him. When a Newport City Councillman voted against installing grass turf near the beach because it would “attract Mexicans”, Schroder claims that she supported him as well.

“That’s three strikes,” he says.

losangeles.cbslocal.com...

Having said all that, this is not a surprise. She's a southern Tea Party Member. I know there are many people going around saying, I'm not a racist, but..." That doesn't mean anything. The proof is in the pudding. And this pudding is SOUR!
edit on 4/17/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

UPDATE, APRIL 17, 3:40 P.M.: Orange County Republican Party Chairman Scott Baugh determined today that his group's bylaws prevent a vote to remove Marilyn Davenport as an elected member even though she emailed a racist image of President Barack Obama to fellow Tea Baggers and Republicans.

The reporters bias is clearly showing in the first paragraph. Which I find offensive. Yeah, I know the reporter? thinks he's being cute with the little "slip" but just what is the obama supporters fascination the the "tea bag" cracks? Are the ones saying a little . . . shall I say light in the loafers? I think what it comes down to is the obama supporters are so thin skined, that they can't what they love to dish out?

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
"OMG...so and so said this and that about him and her...Racism, bigotry, ignorance, fear" - Mudslinger

Peace

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

She's a southern Tea Party Member.

Being southern has nothing to do with it. I might just be nitpicking here but I'm tired of all these people (yes, you people, whoever the heck you are) who throw "southern" in as proof of racism. /rant

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
How come whenever a white public figure so much as makes a light-hearted joke that can be construed as "racist", they actually receive media coverage and are overwhelmingly demonized by the MSM and leftists in general? All the while, blacks can go so far as encouraging mass murder of whites in rap lyrics and you will never hear a peep from the MSM or liberals.

These are just a few examples of the hate-filled rap lyrics encouraging violence against whites:

-“Waiting for the crackers; smuggle; his mug is in the gutters ... so we need your participation in the Caucasian assassination; time is wasting ... so who is in association with the n***** retaliation; it needs your total cooperation ... a confrontation will be fought by the younger generation; because we got determination; all we need is organization”

-“A fight, a n***** and a white, if the n***** don’t win then we all jump in”

-“We’re having thoughts of overthrowing the government ... the brothers and sisters threw their fists in the air ... it’s open season on crackers, you know; the morgue will be full of Caucasian John Doe’s ... I make the Riot s*** look like a fairy tale ... oh my god, Allah, have mercy; I’m killing them devils because they’re not worthy to walk the earth with the original black man; they must be forgetting; it’s time for Armageddon, and I won’t rest until they’re all dead”

-"“He prays on old white ladies [who] drive the Mercedes with the windows cracked ... you should’ve heard the b**** screaming ... sticking guns in crackers’ mouths ... the cops can’t stop it ... remember 4-29-92, come on; Florence and Normandy coming to a corner near you, cracker; we’ve been through your area, mass hysteria; led by your motherf****** Menace Clan”

Here's the entire list:

www.amren.com...

Could you imagine if whites made songs with lyrics like these? All hell would break loose. That's because in the leftist world of political correctness, blacks can never be racist and are always victims.

edit on 17-4-2011 by HarmonicNights because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join