It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Employment Drug and Alcohol Tests: Presidential Mandate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Greetings America, and the rest of ATS...

This thread is going to try to address the employment eligability requirement most every American must subject themselves to in order to become gainfully employed - known as drug and alcohol screening - and attempt to determine how important it would be to INCLUDE management in this requirement. Management means from the assistant manager employing you all the way on up to the Presidency of the United States.

Can a manager be considered trustworthy enough to manage the affairs of business while at the same time intoxicated or high? Can they be counted on to make rational and prudent decisions? Would they be considered approachable by those under thier authority if these employees observe management acting in irrational or questionable manner?

Would America be governed wisely by a president who snorts coacaine? Would American Foriegn Policy benevolently reflect American generosity and perform in the world's eye gracefully if our president instead perferred to just hang out at the press club and drink with his buddies?

The answer to all of these questions obviously is no. However, America seems to have allowed this very thing to happen, and look where these pot smoking, whiskey snorting, Crack addicted presidents have taken us!!!...

3 major wars being fought at the same time, America's money getting stolen right out from under us, America's freedoms being trashed by rampant illegal legislation, American workers unemployed - at 17 to 25 percent - having not worked for more than an entire year, with no prospect of employment opportunities ariving any time soon, being sustained with funny money hot off the press at the Georgia-Pacific papermill, er... I mean U.S. Treasury.

Does anyone here think that the decisions made all these years that have gotten us to this point were made with a rational and sane state of mind? Let's take a look...

um... ok. How many of you believe that if you performed your job in like manner to George Bush, as shown above, that you would still have a job tomorrow?... But hey, there's a possitive side to it... If you lost your job by being this drunk on the job, at least you weren't driving any vehicles, which would have injured or even killed people... right?

Wait a minute...

What about driving a country? Stearing a country's direction? You'd most certaintly start offending other 'drivers' on the road with your drunk behaviors regards domestic policy, and foriegn relations...

This is absolutely intollerable, and what's more, it's blatantly public and IN YOUR FACE! I bet after watching that video you could even SMELL the alcohol oozing out from that man's mouth, couldn't you?...

I think it's time to include new legislation into our laws that mandate drug and alcohol testing of management - AT ALL LEVELS - because I don't know about you and how you feel about it, but I'll be the one to say that I REFUSE to acknowledge legislation slanted by the warped mentality of an alcoholic that sought passage, and what's more, I REFUSE to allow a drug addicted or drunk president preside over any of my affairs, the person is dangerous and what's more harmful, they need to be removed, so that me and my country can once again exist in peace - away from addicted accidents and drunk mishaps...

My child is depending on me to take my stand against this, for thier future wellbeing...

Anybody here disagree?... let's roll up our sleeves, and discuss this eye to eye over coffee and see where the human right is right, and how all the wrongs committed by these altered presidents can be righted by our actions too...

I think that if we force the issue that all of the anti-constitutional Clinton and Bush era laws were made under an intoxicated state of mind, we can immediately find legal grounds to have them eliminated all together as they were influenced by an insane state of mind by our leadership, because they were intoxicated!
edit on 17-4-2011 by Heyyo_yoyo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
are you serious with that video which has been heavily edited.

is this just a bait thread to continue the hatred for gwb or was the intention of this thread to discuss drug abuse that exists on both sides of the aisle.

heres a video a real video that has not been edited or doctored in anyway.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Heyyo_yoyo

I think the experimentation with psychoactive drugs played a major part in our evolution.

I think that fearing them is one of the two paths you could take. There are many ways in which we are all different in our brains use of neruo chemicals.... You can only judge preformance and make the descision upon that... you shouldnt be allowed to give good people tests that some how make them unfit for a job they do amazingly well, sober or not.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

No. None of the major problems our country faces today are the direct result of intoxication. Unless, you wanna say our leaders are all drunk and stoned off their addiction to power and greed.

Btw, that video is chopped & screwed...

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

That video was played at half speed. Don't blame alcohol for George Bush's mental problems, unless you want to say it's having some residual effect on him (he used to drink heavily).

And I'd rather have my government be forced to take IQ tests than drug tests...

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
anybody that is advocating for more drug testing is a fascist...its kind of surprising to run across such a blatant fascism advocate here on ATS, but if the shoe fits...the only way in which humanity can live as one with nature is through the understanding that is imparted through the selective use of nature's bounties...it is the reason for our evolved intelligence and the reason why our intelligence has failed us (because it has gone unchecked as we have abandoned our roots)...

Legalize Freedom...

join