It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how to fight off aliens

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
First of all, you assume that they will be multi-pedal in nature and have biological forms that will be open for biowarfare. More than likely they will be extra-dimensional in form and be impervious to our slight weaponry.
Your best choice will be to be prepared to think on the fly as when and if this did happen, it will be swift and calculated. Think fast, act fast and be ready to do what has to be done, because they could an more than likely already be here.

In a hypothetical scenario like this, they could be disguised as us. You could be married to one, living next door to one, whathaveyou...

So... When posting a request for opinions for answers to a problem without actually knowing the nature of the attacker, be a little more broad with your approach.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Poison their tiquella and make them all get national ID cards.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Let's presume that you CAN fight em off.

The statement that you can fight em off means that you are dealing with a race that doesn't use planetpoppers, sundestroyers, planetary ABC weaponary or just flat out terraforms the planet from a distance. (fighting is hard when oxygen has been turned into argon)

Let's assume the big one (most will here anyways); A full scale planetary invasion.
We all know this one, massive ships hovering above the planet, lots of smaller shuttles and really powerfull weapons and mass ground forces swarm the planet.

In such a hypothetical case one would have to search for missed weak spots. I can garantee you right here and now that any weakspots have been found out earlier. germs killing aliens? unlikely. But there are sometimes obvious weak spots that exist out of various reasons. E.g. Caste military culture in which various army devisions tend to try and outbest others with a vengance. Playing them out is possible, but it will cost you lots of blood.
Others tend to be more blunt; Overconfidence, to hasty or simply relying on forces that are unreliable (mercenary forces or conscripts in general)

Most Sun Tzu rules don't apply in alien invasion. The enemy is overwhelmingly strong, advanced and knows usually more about you then you about them and since you are trapped upon a planet and they are not hit-and-run tactics don't tend to work. Generally speaking, your only way is to either get help from outside, or corrupt the assaulting forces. You have to assume you got nothing of value they can't take; so alternative ways are needed. Find out if forces are not loyal, or in some way forced into action. Use that to spread disarray and gain unlikely allies. Destabilise the heirarchy and try to get some of the ships controllers to favour you or themselves, above the rest. It pretty much is the best way to defeat aliens.

Forget Hollywood, those guys never get it right. L.A.? Independence Day? Bull. You ain't winning that # with weapons. You can barely stall them with weapons. Poison the well, infect the minds with thoughts that are universal (usually greed, power or pride). Few Hollywood films about that one, simply because it's not a favourable one. Humanity understands the concept of poisoning the well all to good and it's the real hidden strong point out there, the only real key to winning an alien invasion. Every heirarchy is as strong as it's weakest joint of the chain.

edit on 18-4-2011 by AncientShade because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
combine FTW!

Run the sob's over with your fav tunes playing in the background.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I'd probably call up Mel Gibson. That way if splashing water on them didn't work, maybe he could resort to Lethal Weapon tactics

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Anything military is out of the question - they are far superior, so psy ops is the only approach.

BS.

One guy with a machine gun can still be hit with a big rock and go down. Even though the machine gun is far superior than the rock, the soldier is no less dead.

Likewise, a guy with a machine gun can be taken by a mob wielding knives. Sure, a knife has been around forever, and he just may take a few with him, but he's still dead in the end.

Likewise, even an alien with high tech gear could be taken out if you know that to use.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by RufusDriftwood
reply to post by HispanicPanic

My friend, your argument doesn't tally. You say alien abduction exists because theres been 500,000 reports (has there been that many?) but that means nothing to be honest. During the 1600s millions died world wide because some religious lunatic said they were a witch who fornicated with the devil..! Using your system for deciding whats truth and whats lies we would all have to openly accept that the devil was a big hit with worty old hags and young maidens 400 years ago! What people believe doesn't amount to a hill of beans...

I prefer to stick with what most call reality until someone comes along with good solid proof that forces me to change my view of reality. Thats why I find these threads fascinating because one day someones going to say, show or produce something thats going to make me sit up and take notice. As of yet it hasn't happened but I await that moment with baited breath.
I'm a sceptic. All I ask is for something solid that I can get my teeth into. I'm not a debunker who uses blanket denial to protect the current scientific paradym...

exactly. you need proof. you need someone to show you proof...well my friend its not going to happen. so your stuck here in reality. sorry for your loss dont know what to tell you...i guess keep searching this thread in and out for the answer your looking for...that will never come up.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
When the chipps are down and all our attempts are for naught.......Well.......it's time to bring out the big guns.....

BIG GUNS

p.s no one recovers from a R&R!
edit on 18-4-2011 by DreamerOracle because: adding

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Like I said, it's all about belief and what others are telling you to believe in. When it comes to absolute solid proof the whole thing falls apart. Doesn't mean it's not real it just means, for me at least, that there Isn't a scrap of evidence to prove that aliens are visitig ths planet.
Like you say, I'll keep on looking but I wont hold my breath.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
1. Turn the TV on to a reality show.

2. Turn the radio on to a rap channel.

3. Tell them about Hanna Montana and Britney Spears.

They'll vomit themselves to death.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by RufusDriftwood

Like I said, it's all about belief and what others are telling you to believe in. When it comes to absolute solid proof the whole thing falls apart. Doesn't mean it's not real it just means, for me at least, that there Isn't a scrap of evidence to prove that aliens are visitig ths planet.
Like you say, I'll keep on looking but I wont hold my breath.

ya i can see what your saying. nobody has told me anything to be honest. which is why i dont follow religion, i dont follow society, i do my own thing with my own time. whats the point in believing anything anyone says...its pretty much a laid out plan for you to live your life. im not a believer nor a skeptic. i just know whats true and whats not. like i said, if you hide from yourself, you hide from the truth.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by korathin

i would think about chem warfare but there is still the aftermath of trying to make this planet liveable, thats why i think bio is still the best because it is the least devestating to the planet it5self and if alien exclusive virus can be developed lees threatening to us

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimalkin

unleash justin beiber on them, they wont be able to leave earth fast enough

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Best way to fight off Aliens is to tax them, no free health care, and no free education.
And for god's sake if their offspring are born here no citizenship!

Oh my bad wrong aliens.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Helmkat

i would probably go into hiding until i can make the right bio weapon, kid nap a few specimens and steal what food i need. that would probaly be the best way

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyWarbucks

good luck to you, sir

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Taser guns. I don't think they could handle the electrical shock, but that's just my opinion.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by VenomVile.6

If they had lived thru billions of years of war then I'm sure they have something to cloak them on a radar. We could use Binaural beats and certain sound waves to get inside their head and disrupt their brain wave patterns and then flank them.

Just my idea lol

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by connorromanow

High Frequency Active Aurora Research Program

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by DreamerOracle

this.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>