It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone seen this symbol?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by cloudwatcher
reply to post by JakiusFogg

I have a very strong Scottish bloodline as well as American Indian. Related to Scottish royalty!

I have often thought it was related somehow. My bloodline that is.

Ah well there you go that says it all,
Scots-Celts- Picts and Vikings. All of which had an amalgam of Spiritual understandings with Pantheism and Polytheism there. Which explains the 3's. Maybe you were a Druid/Druidess in a past life?

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Well this officialy creeps me out. I have drawn this figure so many countless times in class especially in art class. I would encoporate this symobol into all my assignments. I never understood what it meant till now.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
i see a swastica

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
We will meditate on the sign and give you an answer if we know what it is. As for the "As above so Below" it points to this meaning- As it is in the spiritual dimension,so it shall as such in the material dimension (As it is in heaven,so it shall be on earth) It should be relating to the approaching Golden age when and where everything on earth shall be like what it is in heaven
edit on 18-4-2011 by 1Starman because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-4-2011 by 1Starman because: correction of wording

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by cloudwatcher

Search for a thread I saw on here recently about 360 degree prisms.
I think you just might find it interesting. The shape I visualized in my mind overlaid it immediately.

Shamanic symbolism is taking on a whole new meaning. Shamanic symbols from throughout history and across the world are like hand drawn pictographs of modern day microbiology. It is almost as if the shamans were seeing the same things we are just now viewing through our best computer aided electron microscopes. Fascinating stuff. The shamans were on to the DNA double helix way long ago. It is in our ancestral memory. IMHO

Peace...

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
To me it looks similar to a Veve.
The second picture of it with the red line really looks like a Veve

Here is something similar but there are honestly too many diffrent ones to find an exact match in one night.
Veve

The above and below part is repeated sometimes in Voodoo, Papa Legba comes from above to below in rituals.
There is an above place where the Loa live, and they can stay below(earth) in Voodoo, earth the below is a physical representation of the spiritual world above.
That's kinda like the area above a swamp would have similar feel spiritually as it does in the physical world.

That's what I get when I see that symbol.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by SixX1874
i see a swastica

Just as a matter of principal I would like to point out that hitler did indeed have a great interest in the ancient Nordic peoples and their religious symbolism and as such stole a great many of their symbols and incorporated it into the Nazi party.

This in no way shows a link to the behavior of the Nazi party and the behavior of the ancient Norse or their deities.Many Norse gods love war, and relish in it. Remember to them death isn't a bad thing as all worthy souls would go alternatively to either Freyja's or Odin's hall to enjoy what is essentially a live action WOW game until the end times capped off with a huge party every night. Those unworthy would go to the underworld which essentially is like Earth and could get another go around (depending on who you asked).

This isn't a connection. The Norse gods would not be okay with genocide or even the tenets of fascism. A quick look at the history of the Norse people, how they lived, and the tales of their gods exploits should make this clear. The connection is a one sided connection from a despot trying to incorporate their power to his machine of tyranny. I think the ultimate outcome is sufficient evidence their was no support from the Aesir gods.

Sorry for the little rant but this is something that is brought up often and just wanted it to be clear.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
I see two waves, analog waves that cancel each other out or are reflecting each other etc etc.

I follow one line all the way down and then all the way up to its end and then I follow the remaining line the same leaving two opposite analog wave patterns.

As below so above or vice versa generally implies the "star of david" yet, as this your symbol clearly demonstrates, that it is also a symbol of relection, a mirror.
Also curious is that the figure can be folded/manipulated to make a star of david or perhaps a swastika etc etc.

The thought that "as in heaven so on earth" leads me along the following thought path:
1: the gods are my ancestors - not Diety in the modern sense - we are equal of soul spirit!
2. this same thought is at the root of many ancient belief systems. Some as benevolent ancestors and some as evil genetic manipulators yet "Ancestors" none the less.
3. we are most definately experiencing existence within an Ancestor Simulation Pod!

Is this where I put the link to Ancestor simulation theory or are you guys better then that?

Everything about language depends on these things we refer to as "symbols" yet some of them are like pictures and thus worth 1000 words.
I believe these are the ones that many now refer to as "archetypes" such as the Swastika.

Powerful, yes!
The True meanings of these archetypes are many, are usually personal or at least vary by tribe/region, like a gemstone revealing all manner of light depending on the eye of the beholder and perhaps even, their interpretations directly reflect the TRUE inner nature of the beholder or TRUE inner nature of an entire tribe as it interprets archetypes to conform to their needs/wants.

This is perhaps where the concept of PROFANE and PROFANITY originate.

I can utter a sacred word or present a sacred symbol to an adept and they will smile at me and wish me well. I can utter the same word or display the same symbol to a non adept and they may wish to kill me. Pretty simple really, Not all thoughts are for all minds at all times.

For perfect Example : Try this with a Swastika and a Hindu then the same Swastika and yer average American or better yet...... Jewish American!

Just one of many Very powerful archetypal symbols.
Also popping into my head at the last minute are the words: WARD and SIGIL

To give a wonderful truth only to see it degraded into some superstitious dogma is perhaps why most simply keep their insights to themselves or to revelate to only a select few, to avoid profanity by the profane or worse still ,death at the hands of some paranoid squishy headed mob!

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Another piece of scripture to consider for 'As Above, so Below" : "19. And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven." - Matthew 16:19

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
First, reply to post by EternalTruth

I read very patiently to see if that had been said already and am grateful that you lifted up God's Word as you did.

Cloudwatcher, before I begin, I want you to know that I am Christian and believe that the Bible is the Word of God. Among other things, I want to reaffirm what EternalTruth quoted, "Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth, as it is in heaven." During your time in the spirit, you had no ailment or sickness what-so-ever. In fact, you were so overcome with joy and peace that you completely forgot about everyone else back here on earth. You're soul focus was the "figure in white". In His presence, there is no sickness and disease and that is the way it is supposed to be on earth. The apostles soul focus was Jesus Christ, even after He entered into heaven to sit at the right hand of our Father; and, as a result, the Bible records many miracles of healing that we, in mainstream Christianity, do not see anymore. But He is raising up a remnant. He is raising up a people who are sensitive to Him in a way that your parent's would have claimed is demonic ( I know, because before my grandparents received the Baptism of the Holy Spirit, I was told that tongues was demonic and was told to never speak them again.)

JakiusFogg is correct in that you are being called, but I humbly disagree about who is calling. I believe that your NDE is a separate experience than the vision you had when you heard the voices and received the symbol. I would like to remind you that you were coming off of many new experimental drugs. The reason the Bible forbids pharmakeia (the use of mind altering drugs, Used to be known as sorcery, but today is sloppily considered witchcraft. they are a part of the craft, but not the craft itself) is because it open your spiritual eyes to what is spiritually around you with no standard of truth, leaving you vulnerable to every passing spirit. These kinds of drugs are used in hundreds of cultures all over the world as a doorway to the spirit. I believe that is what happened to you. That is why JakiusFogg is able to speak so much truth into what you saw. Whether of God or not, the spirit is real and powerful and in some cases misleading (not that Jakiusfogg seeks to mislead you, infact he has a kind heart and has worked earnestly to help you out.)

Let's face it, you're a spirit with a body, not a body with a spirit and the spirit is for more real than any tangible you may lays your eyes on (my favorite paradox of all time!). I don't know how much you remember about what Jesus Christ did for us on the cross, but it wasn't for some far off event at the end of the world. His blood was shed so that in being forgiven all of our sins, we might stand in the presence of God the Father today! You can seek Him in a manner similar to the way the knowledgeable Jakiusfogg is able to commune with what he believes to be Nordic gods, and that is spirit to Spirit. But it is imperative that you explore the spiritual world led by the Holy Spirit. He was sent to us over 2000 years ago as a helper and a teacher (John 16:7 - "But I tell you the truth, it is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I go, I will send Him to you.") I encourage you to find a good church who believes in the baptism of the Holy Spirit and fire (Luke 3:16) and let God teach you to seek Him.

You are a precious gift from God, as is your life your life a gift to you. God is going to used your story in a powerful way, and if you seek Him, and get to know Him, you will walk in all the same gifts as the apostles and you will get to see God heal many of the dead and dying. We've seen so many spiritualities in the world, and seen them perform many powerful and real miracles of healing. It's high-time Christians reclaim their spiritual heritage and show the world the true power of God. No other spirituality can claim resurrection power because only Jesus Christ has defeated death and the grave! Wow I got fired up! : ) I love you, Jesus!
edit on 2011/4/18 by michaelwpayton because: punctuation... too tired to correct grammar...

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Wow. All these pages and no one seems to have gotten it. This is going to send you off to some obscure corners if you wish to confirm this and it is too late for an elaborate post right now but...
It is a pattern from the belt of St. Christopher and it is important in Alchemical symbolism. Check Fulcanelli. Good night.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
it looks like 3 x's, an m and a w overlapping and 2 fish facing each other.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Okay this is a little unsettling but considering it's my 1st post here I'll try to be as concise as possible.

1st : I was truly affected last night by a thread here last night about the Elenin comet, so much it promted me to post on the youtube site of the person that just had thier acct deleted. ( for what ever reason is not the point) here is a link to prove what im saying is true ...my screen name is Slowfuriousandf10hrs. www.youtube.com... . Look at my post and you'll see why I posted after watching the videos back to back.

2nd: The law of balance has always been a very prominent staple in my life, I can't understand why, but it just seems so simple to me it truly is the key to peace, so when looking at your symbol and the as is above is below reference, it truly resonated with me as strongly as the post I stumbled on last night did.

3rd: I am a firm believer in and always have been Quantum Physics in relation to Metaphysics and everyday life. So hearing about the NDE and listening to all of the very deductive and relative conclusions some have come up with all struck some chord of connection with me as well, so I felt the need to post. ( Im not a religious person, but I consider myself spiritual, was raised Christian though, my mindset still has some base there, but I've kinda learned to appreciate the relativity of everyhthing in this world.

4th: The reference to moonshine ( Im from Ky...please don't judge...lol) kinda was the perverbial cherry on top I had to post.

Anyway, my opinion on all of this corresponds to a lot on this thread, I think it truly is up to you specifically to determine the meaning. I will say this though. There is a msg that you are suppose to relay, ( and you may have already relayed it) but in regard to the poster that put the reference to the apocalypse. If you read my post on that youtube channel last night you notice I put I had a dream ( when I was a child that has been a staple in my life as well as the consistant theme of balance, up to an adult) with me running out of a complex ( I think I lived there.I don't now) and in the sky there was chaos..I want to say comets, or debris from comets, but there was also chaos on the ground as well with people running around frantically..

Now I may sound like I'm reaching but what was above was also below, and I was creeped out last night, tonight kinda has me on a whole other plane of consciousness, and I probably should go to sleep, but I did feel inclined to comment. Take it for what it is but I do honestly believe in signs of synchronicity and strictly from a metaphysical standpoint from last night to tonight I feel like there is something there/here.
Take care and I look forward to coming back tommorow and reading.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Okay this is a little unsettling but considering it's my 1st post here I'll try to be as concise as possible.

1st : I was truly affected last night by a thread here last night about the Elenin comet, so much it promted me to post on the youtube site of the person that just had thier acct deleted. ( for what ever reason is not the point) here is a link to prove what im saying is true ...my screen name is Slowfuriousandf10hrs. www.youtube.com... . Look at my post and you'll see why I posted after watching the videos back to back.

2nd: The law of balance has always been a very prominent staple in my life, I can't understand why, but it just seems so simple to me it truly is the key to peace, so when looking at your symbol and the as is above is below reference, it truly resonated with me as strongly as the post I stumbled on last night did.

3rd: I am a firm believer in and always have been Quantum Physics in relation to Metaphysics and everyday life. So hearing about the NDE and listening to all of the very deductive and relative conclusions some have come up with all struck some chord of connection with me as well, so I felt the need to post. ( Im not a religious person, but I consider myself spiritual, was raised Christian though, my mindset still has some base there, but I've kinda learned to appreciate the relativity of everyhthing in this world.

4th: The reference to moonshine ( Im from Ky...please don't judge...lol) kinda was the perverbial cherry on top I had to post.

Anyway, my opinion on all of this corresponds to a lot on this thread, I think it truly is up to you specifically to determine the meaning. I will say this though. There is a msg that you are suppose to relay, ( and you may have already relayed it) but in regard to the poster that put the reference to the apocalypse. If you read my post on that youtube channel last night you notice I put I had a dream ( when I was a child that has been a staple in my life as well as the consistant theme of balance, up to an adult) with me running out of a complex ( I think I lived there.I don't now) and in the sky there was chaos..I want to say comets, or debris from comets, but there was also chaos on the ground as well with people running around frantically..

Now I may sound like I'm reaching but what was above was also below, and I was creeped out last night, tonight kinda has me on a whole other plane of consciousness, and I probably should go to sleep, but I did feel inclined to comment. Take it for what it is but I do honestly believe in signs of synchronicity and strictly from a metaphysical standpoint from last night to tonight I feel like there is something there/here.
Take care and I look forward to coming back tommorow and reading.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
This is on the roof lintel of the lightbox at Newgrange Tumulus here in Ireland
5000 years old - predates the pyramids by two millennia.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by cloudwatcher

This is a hermetic symbol for infinity, or "as above, so below" and is used in many different ideologies/belief systems and more specifically, occults.
(Both the symbol itself as well as the "above as below" meaning)
Hermeticism WIKI

And is frequently associated/used by the Illuminati/Free Masons

(and on a personal note- isn't this common (and by 'common', I mean ATS-common) knowledge?!?)
No offense or anything, just surprised this thread has received this much attention considering this is old news...and again, I don't mean that offensively, just being honest. (though it is good to have some refreshers of older topics/threads now and then, for the newbies )
Peace and love

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
have you read SUMMUM .. the principle of correspondence comes to mind..

Principle of Correspondence The Principle of Correspondence embodies the idea that there is always a correspondence between the laws of phenomena of the various "planes" of being and life.[2] As above, so below; as below, so above. This principle states that there is a harmony, agreement and correspondence between these planes, delineated as

1. The Great Physical Plane
2. The Great Mental Plane
3.The Great Spiritual Plane

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I can't remember seeing the symbol anywhere. When I viewed the symbol a double helix came to mind, like the double helix in DNA. Here is an image I created with As Above So Below as the theme.

Here is the link: [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e0e3a0cf7

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
I'm not sure if it was mentioned yet, but when I first saw the symbol something struck my mind.
It looks to me like a symbol of a double helix, or DNA, without any genetic coding. Possibly DNA in change or mutation? I'm not sure.

I suppose it would be more helpful to find the meaning to see if anything you experienced has anything to do with genetics, mutation, change or humanity in general as the symbol could indicate multiple meanings not just one.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
oh yeh i know of this symbal...usualy its on the front of a dvd with scantily clad women lol...sorry just my humour no offence bro...

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join