It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone seen this symbol?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
You're gonna love this....

I KNEW IT

Same method, different tradition

The Emerald Tablet of Hermes Trismegistus is a short work which coins the well known term in occult circles "As above, so below." The actual text of that maxim, as translated by Dennis W. Hauck is "That which is Below corresponds to that which is Above, and that which is Above corresponds to that which is Below, to accomplish the miracle of the One Thing".[18] The tablet also refers to the three parts of the wisdom of the whole universe. Hermes claims his knowledge of these three parts is why he received the name Trismegistus (thrice-great, or Ao-Ao-Ao meaning "greatest"). As the story is told, this tablet was found by Alexander the Great at Hebron supposedly in the tomb of Hermes.[19]

Wikipedia

What you need to realise is that although you may have seen this in your own sense. the effect is still the same and the method, to Odinism, maybe with your bloodline is the calling that you need to pay attention to.

I am working this line so I will be back!!

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by esqONE
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9c2595022b20.png[/atsimg]

here is the link

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9c2595022b20.png[/atsimg

add an " ] " square bracket to the end, and it'll work.
edit on 17-4-2011 by esqONE because: (no reason given)

Never seen it before in my life.

On a more serious note, some of the replies are interesting.
edit on 17-4-2011 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Forget this, still working.
edit on 17/4/2011 by JakiusFogg because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I have searched EVERYWHERE!!! I even came upon this topic in a google search lol. Nothing yet for the way you have it drawn though. Are there anymore details you can add to this? Anything else thats odd and could be related to the symbol and the saying?

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by JakiusFogg

Well.....I have read this entire thread, up to this point....raptly. Yet, still confused, at sea here....

Is there a "Cliff Notes" summary, from some one? I gather (infer) from references to the ancient mythical "gods"....yet, spoken of as if not myths. Very peculiar.

...because....in Humankind's constant quest for the "Meaning of Life" it would seem that the few of you here apparently believe you know more than average.

Keep in mind I approach with full skepticism.....AND from a standpoint of abhorring all organized "mainstream" religions...inventions of control, in my opinion...those are. (Yes, including christianity).

There are many of us who associate with the Aesir and Vanir gods. It is not worship as the western world sees it today. It is more of an association with spiritual beings we have seen. Most of us have had very real experiences that led us here.

Also most of us don't speak about it, don't preach it and have zero interest in converting anyone. As it really isn't a flower garden that will save your soul. In fact when Ragnarok (our version of armageddon) comes most of our souls will be sent to oblivion and most of our gods will die.

I even think many of the modern Aesir churches that have sprung up are nothing more than New agers stealing the names to add a bit of legitimacy.

Either way it matters not if anyone believes or agrees. All I can say is if you feel it look into it. I can tell you what I think but I don't have your truth, I only have mine.

The Cliff notes is that the symbol presented here is a simple symbol seen every day in any red light district, and all over in various forms... The thing that caught my eye was how it is drawn. The way in which it is drawn is how a runic Shaman would create a sigil for someone. Plus much of the other symbolism is just far too close to the teachings of the Eddas and modern interpretation.

Hope that makes a bit more sense...

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloudwatcher

I can't recall anyone looking like that.
But check this out, I have had 4 ravens hit the windows of my house this year.
3 in one day. Freaked me out. The other one hit my bedroom window and woke me up.

Come on guys, tell me, tell me, tell me. Plleeeeaaassseee.

We can't tell you because it is for you to decide.

Mr. Fogg and I both believe Odin is the man in your NDE and dreams. He will come to those who are either: Of the ruling class, the Skald (Poets and soothsayers), Beserk warriors, and anyone else who is a little left of sane. He is also linked closely with Freyja and I believe he will go where she asks for reasons I do not fully understand.

Again.I'm just telling you what I think. Only you will know if it is right..

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
More info, on triple bind runes. and interestingly........ blockages!

In the case of an inner blockage there are 2 possible answers: The first would be a meditation on the rune based upon a bind-rune made of a triple form of the rune, 3 joined together at their bases. The second would be to combine the rune with others related to the concept it expresses. This acts to amplify the rune's intensity, but in a different manner from the triple form. This also brings up another interesting topic: divine intervention. My patron god FreyR has more than once advised my choices of runes for bind-runes, both for meditative & magickal purposes (though more often than not these magickal forms have lead to a meditation on the operant principles which themselves have also lead into insights about myself and the life I both live & seek). In this context it is also worth considering how far you seek to work in the tradition, as it may further your efforts even more.

Skadi

Still working

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Jinglelord

Agreed, Although I was also thinking Tyr, as the guardian to Bifrost, the rainbow bridge.

However Hermes seems good also, interesting that he and Odhinn share links.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
OK

this is what I have.

"As above so below"

As noted earlier, forms a triple call

AO-AO-AO

A - Ansuz = 4
O - Othala = 23

4+2+3 = again 9!

9*3=27 - 2+7 = 9!

9th Rune

Hagalaz meaing hail - In runinc tradition this would have the same meaning as is shown in my earlier post.

Hail 9 the Norns, the gift of (the) 3 is given and received. that which was, that which is, make that which shall be.

I am still working

I have found something but it is in Portuguese!!

I will be back

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
OK the text I saw had a traditional nose call as
"Gebu Gebu Gebu" a rite of protocol that was observed in meeting. That of gift giving. Nothing strange about that.

All in all, and I think for now, this is about as far as I can go with this, tat you were hailed by the fates, to receive a gift in exchange for a gift.

A gift of life, for life.

I do not know why. But it is of the past for the now.

(Norse only understand that which was and that which is) the future is unseen. so mayb that is the gift to be obtained, or indeed given. maybe both.

That is what I solidly belive this to be. And that you, had a serious call to awaken, and recognise a calling.

Interpretation is never the same for all people. But why should cat man and me be the among the firsty just to see this.

Why see the 3 women in your NDE? why the rune? why the esoteric hail?

People will call this as they see it, just as I have done.

What matter is what seems true to you.

MY favorite tale, is of a man in church, reading of palm Sunday (today). After the sermon he went outside to a cold an snowy england. and though how can this be true. when this world I live in bear no resemblance. It is then that the old gods call to us. I believe they are calling to you. But what you do with it. is up to you. and affects only... you.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Right, I am going to throw this in, as I am exhausted, and a little drunk!

You say it HAS to be drawn a certain way.

N this way and N that way

the only match I have is Sowhilo. S = SUN

Power thereof.

Power given, power taken - light dark. As above so below. Night day. make female. Balance

The thing with bind runes is that you have to see what else is forms. So in this form Gifu / Gebu is still valid.

As from the light so shall yer pass to the dark, and again into the light!

You are wrong in the sense that you say this is not infinity as it is.

Light is the proitection of the (all) father, darkness is the nurturing of the mothers womb.

You have had the womb. You NEED the sunlight. Jun 21 Wake upm for the sunrise, and give thanks you are still here.

I still say make this an amulet. it is your gift. for all you have been though. The question perilous. the Odyssey, Your own quest across the sea. and you are here.

The message to me is quite clear.

Enjoy it. make the most of it. As the next time you hear the call of the Valkyr, it may well be for good.

Whatever you have to learn / do / continue with. I cannot say. But yes. this is a call from the gods. (IMHO)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
this could be othala doubled, meaning a turning point, in life, inverted runes represent the opposite of the original rune, othala represents home or security, maybe wealth. The rune with its inversion beside it could mean a time of great choice is at hand, and the decision you make could affect your home or security. be wary thew choices you make in the near future. many blessings to you

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

I also thought of this, maybe a combination of eihwaz and sowulo.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Wow! This is a lot to take in.
I have just begun to uncover some of this
Let me read a while....

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
It is 30, or 616 depending on who you ask.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I see two fish kissing!!

Never have seen that symbol before except with that movie with Vin Diesel!!!!

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Okay, y'all, this has caught my attention and so I feel the need to speak.
Perhaps the plot shall thicken a bit as I will be coming from a different perspective...but still the same it seems.

Okey dokey...

Recently, in meditations, I was shown a symbol of a circle having a triangle above it and a triangle below it, making a sort of geometric hourglass shape. The circle, I was told, let's say that represents people. The bottom triangle, point up, is the incoming of energy, the connection to the earth, the foundation. The top triangle, point down, is the connection with the ineffable, communication with god. The circle, us, we are the focal point for the energy of the connection. The symbol fits in very well with my homebrew Kundalini.
Then I was told, you know, it's not enough to say that we are all represented by such a symbol. The key is, the symbols are not laid out next to one another...they actually overlap. The overlap is our inherent connection with one another while we are also rooted into the world. So we are connected with one another while also being connected individually and through one another to nature (or call it what ye will).

As above, so below, indeed!
On another note, the connection of several of these symbols makes a chain not unlike the one you've talked about. It's not a coincidence, I was told, that if you give this chain a bit of a twist it becomes a double-helix.

Either way, it seems this is a symbol of continuity and completion.
For me, I know it's my next step along my path. I'm in the midst of a particular mediation exploring this overlap between things. Since I'm in amongst the trees I can't yet rightly see the forest...so it'll be a while before I can elaborate more.
It's been a long, hard road, but I've learned to give my faith over to the process. The details don't matter nearly as much as the path itself...what it stands for, what it means, and what happens through and around it. We're all on our paths, one way or another ( ;p ), and we ought to embrace that fact.
Maintain vigilance, definitely, but don't let details get in the way. Which is to say, stop and smell the roses but don't forget to take in the entire garden as well.

Okay...I hope my rambling has helped out a bit.

Take care, all!
Joe

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
try googling 'runes', it takes more than reading to learn them, in fact it takes years and many many experiences for true 'realisation' and 'knowing' runes, there are websites about learning such alphabets but practical is the only real way.

However this may not be the purpose of a recurring shape, it could be a part memory of a place or thing or something from the past or future of some relevance, you could try meditating on it or just ask g*d / universal powers / nature to set you on the correct path and place your mind and emotions on the correct frequencies.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by cloudwatcher

"as above so below"...after reading that and then seeing the image, I was suddenly struck with the thought of parallel universes. For me the image split in half is mirror image of both halves. Couple that with the way you draw it to me means crisscrossing parallel universes. That is just what I immediately invisioned when I saw it
Peace

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Sorry but this is the first thing that came to mind when I heard "As above so below". Although I'm sure the saying is way, way, older than Maynard, and more well known, but hey musicians use those cryptic types of sayings all the time, plus it fits perfectly with the syllables, and the rest of the songs meaning.

But Lateralus is probably one of Tools most esoteric songs. Cryptic messages hidden in numbers used in the beat count, and lyric syllable count (as displayed by the author of this video). Not to mention The song immediately gives you the feeling of "Hey I've heard this before."

Matter of fact the entire Album is like one puzzle when you arrange the tracks in a certain order, they join perfectly from beginning to end.

Perhaps some of the other lyrics in the song will spark something in the depths of your mind and help you take that next step. You never know....Good luck.

As far as the Symbol, I'm sorry but I have no more info on it than already posted. I try not to dabble in the occult. I have a, VERY skeptical when it comes to that stuff, but still I'm am too scared to play around with powerful symbols. It's kinda like put your money where your mouth is, but I won't cause I'm no J. Constantine/Hellblazer.

CloudWatcher: I wish you all the best, and a peaceful and happy existence! Good Luck on your search, and I hope you find what you are looking for.

edit on 17-4-2011 by Nola213 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join