It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone seen this symbol?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by cloudwatcher

Does your symbol look work out like this?

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by AuranVector

Hi again, Auran. I now believe that you may know more about Alchemy than you are letting on. Either that or you have the kind of luck that would make you a 'Natch', as they say.

Whether you knew it or not there is a great truth concerning the Alchemical Hermaphrodite encoded in the simple nursery rhyme that you directed me to. Boy am I glad I went back and read your post thoroughly. Sprechen ze grun?

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by yngona

From your description and the image, it reminded me of XOHOX, which means, roughly, 'all of creation'. The word is, as I was taught, from an ancient language, spoken by the Gogs, the ancient energy patterns that both weave creation and flow from it.

If one draws a line through the center of the word XOHOX, it creates a mirror reflection of 'that which is above and that which is below'. Likewise, "XOHOX is forward and backward, it is above and below, upside down and rightside up. It is stability in all ways and forms." Additionally, as the 'language of all creation', "To hear XOHOX is to speak the sound of shifting wood, of babbling brook, of warm breeze and roaring flame .. it hear this is to embrace spirit itself."

There is much more on this, all very secretive, inner circle sort of information, and it is only ONE possible answer to your question. I was taught that those who 'received the symbol' are meant to 'aid the flow of creation'.

Best of Luck!
Yngona

Yngona, please teach. The ancient language of the Gogs? Who were the Gogs?

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I had to look up 'cynocephalus' (blue head?) -- apparently it's a flying lemur.

It's amazing what one can learn here on ATS. I'm being exposed to all kinds of new info & ideas.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frater210

Hi again, Auran. I now believe that you may know more about Alchemy than you are letting on. Either that or you have the kind of luck that would make you a 'Natch', as they say.

Whether you knew it or not there is a great truth concerning the Alchemical Hermaphrodite encoded in the simple nursery rhyme that you directed me to. Boy am I glad I went back and read your post thoroughly. Sprechen ze grun?

You have found an Alchemical Hermaphrodite in the "Hot Cross Buns" rhyme? Do you have time to explain this to me? Grun (I do not have the umlaut glyph)? Do I speak green? Apparently not.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

No. A blue head would be a 'cyano-cephalus'. Look up dog-headed ape of Thoth on Google. That might do it.

One of these...

Not one of these...

Now I'm really off topic. Sorry. I guess we are just waiting around for the OP.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Sorry. Just trying to be funny.

Sons. Daughters. Hot Cross Buns. Get it?

And, yeah, i would like to hear more about the Gogs too.

Here, Auran. RE: grun. en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 18-4-2011 by Frater210 because: Link

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

No. A blue head would be a 'cyano-cephalus'. Look up dog-headed ape of Thoth on Google. That might do it.

One of these...

Not one of these...

Now I'm really off topic. Sorry. I guess we are just waiting around for the OP.

You're right -- it's cyano for blue. Dog-headed ape of Thoth -- I will look this up!

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Sorry. Just trying to be funny.

Sons. Daughters. Hot Cross Buns. Get it?

And, yeah, i would like to hear more about the Gogs too.

Here, Auran. RE: grun. en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 18-4-2011 by Frater210 because: Link

Got it. Thanks for the info on grun -- language of the birds! Fascinating stuff. I have used Enochian for rituals -- spooky things happen.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
seems similar to one of the symbols i was trying to find info on about a year and a half ago dont remember what site i looked at to get help with it but if i find it il post i have seen it quite offten since i know it has meaning but dont know what il see what i can do to show it to you all some time. dont got much time with the computer anymore finaly got a job was kinda random how i got it but glad i did. sorry about going off topic abit .

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ucantcme

As above so below is symbolized by the Hexagram or Star of David

Your image is similar but with incomplete triangles not superimposed. Reminds me of a broken star.

Maybe something out of whack for you in the concept of as above so below in relation to the NDE.

Best Wishes,

Frater

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

honestly reminded me of the symbols on Marie Laveau's grave.. and the many priests' during that time.
Three X's - at least this is what I saw when i looked at your pic

edit on 18-4-2011 by Nekbet because: forgot to type

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Nekbet

www.flickr.com...

The above link is an image of her grave site...

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Remember, it may not just have one meaning. There is a difference between signs and symbols. Signs have a fixed meaning, symbols are meant to be interpreted in many different ways.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

I usually don't reply to the metaphysical correspondences or topics on here but for this one as you had said "as above so below" is not only a saying of the ancients as they knew that there was synchronicity to the macrocosm and to the microcosm of all creation.

We as in lifeforms of this stage as humans in the flesh are somewhere in-between both the macroscopic and microscopic worlds so to speak it is hard to visualize this but if you can imagine a galaxy and everything in it then within that galaxy there are stars and planets etc... then within the stars and planets there is us... then the smaller forms of matter and so on and so forth into an infinite fractal of smaller particles of existence...

Then on the other larger scale(based upon our limited capabilities of observation) there is things that are larger than galaxies and clusters of galaxies and so on and so forth into an infinity...

The symbol is a reflection of all that is was and will be above and below and that is... LIFE/ENERGY etc...

And if all of the rest of the material that I typed previously didn't sound ridiculous enough...

All that kept popping into my conscious was that there are 23 pairs of chromosomes and what you were drawing and your vision was also describing a vision I had about your vision as a pair of female chromosomes laying sideways and connected so to speak but none the less I had the unmistakable vision, that your lineage will continue to bring forth life into this world, as in your your daughter will carry on your genetics soon and also your souls are somewhat linked...

I know what I said may be rather outlandish, and I hardly ever post or reply about things like this unless it hits me like it did today while I was reading this at work, so you can just take it for what it is as a vision/intuitive thought/whatever...

edit on 18-4-2011 by Kamesan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
As above, so below is a Hermetic Axiom found in the Corpus Hermeticum. It's also the essence of Alchemy. Read the Emerald Tablet. As above, so below means that the macrocosm is the same as the microcosm. The galaxy is a tiny universe of stars. The universe is comprised of galaxies. The human body is comprised of 50 trillion cells, making it a tiny universe. The moon and the sun come together to create life on earth. The male and the female come together to create life. Right and left foot. Two Eyes. Two ears. Read the Kabalyon. After you understand the principles, read the Bible. The Kabalyon is a handy reference to understand the Hermetic principles. The implications they draw from the principles in the Kabalyon are incorrect. Biblical revelation is the root of all else in the world. Hermes was likely Enoch, Joseph and Moses. The Bible is the correct implication to Hermetica.

As for the mark.

You are looking at it in 2D. You are seeing a slice. To me, it is a three dimensional double helix of light and wave. Light in duality. Enlightenment in the form of wave and particle. You are given another chance at life to find the light. There are no accidents in life. Only the providence of God. We are all affected by choice, chance and the actions of others. Chance is not probability, it's the actions of God in our lives. You, me, us here today. No accident. Christ died so you can live to find salvation.

Originally posted by cloudwatcher
reply to post by mistressofspices

Thank you for your input.

"As Above, So Below", I think has something to do with things we cannot see and that a lot of people do not understand.

edit on 18-4-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

Ummm... yeah like what i said lol or above like below could be like the like mindedness of your post directly below mine lol jk

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

Hermetica aknowledges all sources of inspiration and guidence, not just the Bible, and above all...God and Gnosis.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
First Century AD Christians made a sign when meeting to confirm each others identity. One would scrape an arc in the dust with his foot.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/39fa6549db1a.png[/atsimg]

If the other were a christian also (or knew the countersign) he would scrape an arc that overlapped the first arc, the result is a simple sketch of a fish.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/400f5ab51505.png[/atsimg]
Your sign looks like two squared off (regimented) fishes conspiring (sharing breath).

It also looks like a stylized mask or eyes.
edit on 18-4-2011 by Semicollegiate because: graphics

edit on 18-4-2011 by Semicollegiate because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-4-2011 by Semicollegiate because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-4-2011 by Semicollegiate because: graphic

edit on 19-4-2011 by Semicollegiate because: done

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Semicollegiate

That was my thought too. The symbol definitely resembles the original Christian symbol of the fish doubled.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join