It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone seen this symbol?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by cloudwatcher

as above, so below comes from Hermes

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I was watching a documentary (topdocumentaryfilms.com...) a few hours after reading this thread and I noticed this.

It kinda weirded me out because I've noticed in a few different pictures and statues, all seemingly unrelated.

For those that don't know, this is an ancient carved mountain in El Fuerte mexico that is said to be some sort of launching ramp for an ancient aircraft. The hill itself is supposed to have some sort of religious significance. It's around 10 minutes in on the link I posted.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

I've seen that symbol, on x rated videos. Lol

Dreams are dreams, the more you get hung up about it, the more you will dream of it. Dur

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by anrayzain

Good find

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by cloudwatcher
reply to post by hawaii50th

I am not into the occult, nor have I ever been. I do not feel that it is something evil, but rather a protection from it. I have my firm beliefs that no one can ever change, however, I realize that a lot of things overlap. This experience is what led me to believe that the gods of old were not myths. Can't see any civilization taking the time ti record stuff in stone just to humor us with some good sci-fi!

Just looking for some answers.

word...
Occult simply means "Hidden"...

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I've read this entire thread and I think almost everyone is right. Regardless of it's adaptation in different cultures and contexts I'd say you have been chosen (by whomever you need to label it to) to learn.

Since you feel a greater leaning towards religion/spirituality perhaps run with it. Learn all you can while at the same time learning about yourself (which is the goal of spirituality).

What does this symbol mean to YOU? Not to us, to you? What/How does it make you feel? Where has it lead you so far? Where will it take you in the future?

Help your children learn, especially since they are inclined and have even seen the symbol too. All the Best to you, from a fellow seeker and "post-NDE-er".

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I think I might have on thee back of Vin Diesel's neck

XXX

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ltinycdancerg

No offense taken and hopefully you won't be offended when I tell you that you did not pay close enough attention. It is not the masonic symbol. There is 2 extra lines.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Interesting topic, starred & flagged

'As above, so below' - aside from the esoteric background and meaning in hermetic tradition, what also comes to mind when I hear this is Matthew 6:10 - 'Let your will take place, as in heaven, also upon earth'

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Even if it was the Masonic symbol it would have simply been an adaptation of what Fogg and I were saying. To think the Masonic orders didn't borrow from Northern mystical practices would be silly especially when much of their symbolism can be clearly found in old rune stones.

Another thing it seems most are missing is the way in which this is written is also an important part of the puzzle, and frankly the only reason I didn't ignore this thread. It is classic bind rune methodology.

There could also be a Hermes link, I mean Hermes and Odin are both essentially cow gods

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
i would say jakius fogg is probably the one you should listen too, from what ive read so far. hes information is indeed correct, but in order to understand some of it you may need to do some more research, like the ritual sacrafice of the self during the NDE, and bind runes.

i have symbols popping up in dreams/meditations/OOBEs etc etc, and some of them have spawned some real abstract thoughts and ideas.

i would say, now that you know the "other side" is there, do lots of research, and try to understand what it is that happend to you, and will happen again.

become aware mate, of the secret worlds on top of ours

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Jinglelord

couldnt agree more

masonic symbolism, tho it has solidified into its own set of symbolism, began as sort of a hodge podge of other symbols, masonry is the giver of secret human knowledge, the current incarnation of that knowledge, passed on from "pagans", alchemists, greek mystery schools, egyptian preisthood, hermetic orders, etc.

also like you said, the way the symbol is written out is extremely important, for those of you who know ritual magick, when you trace out a pentagram, the direction you trace it out, and the point you start at is very important, and can influence the end result of the ritual.

like the op said, it is like 2 capital N's interlocking, one forwards, one backwards.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

If you get a chance check out Baldr's story. This is a better telling with in my opinion good intepretation:

www.haxton.org...

IT might give a little insight to what Mr. Fogg speaks.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by donatellanator

again, hit the nail on the head.

symbols mean something to everyone, and tho every symbol does have a "set" meaning in our culture, that meaning can change when you are in a different country, religion, or culture.

listen to your intuition, when you very first saw this symbol what did it feel like it ment to you, we might be able to help confirm some of your ideas but ultimantly the meaning of that symbol is the meaning you give it.

ive gotten into huge arguments with friends that tryed to tell me that symbols, NO MATTER WHAT, all mean the same, no matter where you are, or what your views are. my response is that symbols are ment to represent abstract ideas in a way words cant, and abstract ideas and opinions are different for everyone.

***its alot like semanitcs, or there, their, and they're, when you say them, it all sounds the same, but they all have different meanings for different moments. when you look at the symbol you also have to look at the context of where that symbol appeared***

when you look at a symbol it is ment to invoke a feeling or idea, it is ment to communicate something to the viewer. what is this symbol trying to tell you? what does your intuition say?

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
i thought it was WM = Wicker Man ;/
but then most things look odd when looking at it in one dimension

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

Odin was cool

Thor was his son, andf they argued a lot.
That's about all i know of norse mythology.....
A fascinating thread.
edit on 18-4-2011 by playswithmachines because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jinglelord
reply to post by JakiusFogg

If this is a gift from the Norns it is 3 Gifu (I only used the other spelling to more easily find the image on Google) Runes bound. Which actually makes more sense given the circumstances.

This would be more in line with how the Norns work and would tend to indicate a favor.

I think the way to find out would be to meditate on the Runes. In my experience when one of the Aesir gods or the Norns have a message (Real spiritual entities in my opinion) or wish to interact in your life you will know when meditating on the Runes.

Be careful, unlike the Tarot the runes are not toys.

Jinglelord, I agree that the runes are powerful, but the Tarot is not a toy.

AuranVector

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jinglelord

I just read your NDE and it does sound suspiciously like Norns to me.

Read some Norse mythology. Read it in the spirit it was written, I think your NDE will make more sense to you as will the symbol.

Scottish heritage is filled with Northern bloodlines. There was a lot of interbreeding going on (a lot of it forced).

I was thinking the same thing. Scottish (& Irish) coastlines raided by Vikings -- lots of raping & pillaging. But there were also Viking or Norse settlements along the coastal areas.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Interesting thing to be dreaming of. Soon as I says the sketch all I could think of was the mountains back at home.

Looms above as if the rest of earth is there except we can't see it. Like there is another dimension of earth that rest and rotates with earth.

Happen to have any hooded figures in that dream? And if so did they scream a scream that made fear the only thing in your mind? I had one of those once. Was laying on my grandmas couch looking at the window late at night and I saw a blue light that would shine brightly but then become dim.

Then a scream filled the house. Then they showed up. Screams of death by hoodedd figures in my ear. I can't move. I can't move.

WAKE UP! PLEASE LET ME WAKE UP!

I awoke(still couldn't move) but a few seconds later I felt a grip on my left arm and I kid you not, I WAS PULLED BACK INTO THE DREAM. I THEN VIOLENTLY awoke and freaked.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I would like to provide some higlighted information in reference to your symbol and your words. As many had already identified that the words you describe was "as above so as below" has a hermetic philosphy with it. I would like to further elaborate this idea.

The words "as above so as below" came from an Egyptian God name Thoth, who reincarnated as Hermes Tristmegistus on which it was inscribed in the Emerald tablets of Thoth and futher in the Emerald Tablet of Hemes.

Thoth

Tablet XI: The Key to Above and Below
Hear ye and list ye, O children of Khem, to the words that I give that shall bring ye to the Light. Ye know, O men, that I knew your fathers, aye, your fathers in a time long ago. Deathless have I been through all the ages, living among ye since your knowledge began.

Leading ye upward to the Light of the Great Soul have I ever striven, drawing ye from out of the darkness of night.

Hermes

Engraving on the table in the hand of Hermes, which says:
1) Truth! Certainty! That in which there is no doubt!
2) That which is above is from that which is below, and that which is below is from that which is above, working the miracles of one.
3) As all things were from one.

The Symbol

As you can see on the image below it depicts a comon similarity to a double helix in which it corelates to human DNA and the double snake that embodies our medical system on which it also in conjunction with a serpent awakening as describes in many spiritual philosophy where its called kundalini.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c13f6667baa3.png[/atsimg]

Its best to familiarize yourself with the books of Thoth and Hermes as this will provide you with vast information about your NDE experience. Begin with The emerald tablets of Hermes and then Thoth and work your way up on Herme's books. I hope you find the enlightenment you seek.

Emerald Tablet of Hermes

Emerald Tablets of Thoth

The 12 Pyramids of Thoth

edit on 18-4-2011 by awakenone because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join